Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Congratulations on your 500 days Callie.
You are so awesome!

I am so happy to see you around more, sharing your gratitude with all of us. You really are a special lady. Truthfully I am very envious, in a good way, and so proud of you. You have the bravery and courage that I lacked at your age, and the whole restaurant connection, to get on this journey of sober life. It just makes me so happy when you’re around showing me how it can be done. Maybe I coulda shoulda. I don’t know. But I do know I can and will do this sober dance :dancer: :man_dancing: along side of you.
You’re freakin awesome. :pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for the sun we have atm. It’s lifting my mood a lot. I am grateful I walked back from work the last two days.
I am grateful I learn a lot at work. Also calling someone instead of writing an Email. I am really improving there.
I am grateful that we come along quite well in our team.
I am grateful I am not sick as often as my colleague. I admit that I have some doubts as she is sick almost every other week. I can let go of it. I do my work as good as I can.
I am grateful I have enough.

12 Likes

I am grateful to have a home.
I am grateful for healing.

Much love :blue_heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me remain clean and sober while following your will, just for today. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for this…

I’m grateful that the shame and guilt of chronicly relapsing will pass. I’m grateful for my sponsor. I’m grateful for the twelve steps. I’m grateful I have a warm, clean, safe space with food in the fridge and cupboards.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You’re a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

16 Likes

I’m grateful you got 2 days my friend.
I’m grateful for today and that you checked in.
I’m grateful I know you are gonna figure this out.
I’m grateful you can do this.
I’m grateful you want to do this.
I’m grateful for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

15 Likes

I am grateful you’re here Brian @I.cant.We.can . I am grateful for your humility and for all you have learned in the time you have spent in recovery. I am grateful that I will never forget the feeling of shame and guilt you’re experiencing and you’re right it does go away. Let me remind you that you are not your disease my friend. You are not the choices that you make when you are in active addiction, please dont forget that. I am grateful for your cleantime and I am grateful that you keep trying. You are part of this family and you belong with us. I am grateful everytime I see your name pop up. I am also grateful you have a safe place to rest your head and some food to fill your tummy. Keep coming back to check in, remember how we did it in those first days we were here? Do it just like that, it worked. Love you.:heart:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

13 Likes

But but but…Boscoe c’mon man

5 Likes

May I just say,nevermind. 2 days,congratulations. I am really grateful you’re here @I.cant.We.can

10 Likes

Why am I awake? I think just to see this. Grateful. Grateful for a glorious day yesterday. Big decisions big deal. Trust my gut. Now I can crash. Goodnight moon. Goodnight @Its_me_Stella . Goodnight sober family wherever you are.:zzz::zzz:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for the long sleep iv had.
I’m grateful for sitting in bed now with the silence of the house drinking my coffee.
I’m grateful my husband went to work this morning without starting an argument.
I’m grateful I have the energy to fight for me another day.
I’m grateful I’m not friends with alcohol anymore.

12 Likes

This is very beautiful. It strung a chord for me. I am grateful you shared it with us.

I am also grateful you are here again Brian - every moment sober is a win :orange_heart:.
I am grateful for friends who trust me with their vulnerability. Its good to see, that listening and holding space is a powerful tool and sometimes all people need. I used to be such a critic and deal out unwanted advice like candy :sweat_smile:. I am grateful I am slowly letting go of judgement and replacing it with curiosity. Letting go of feeling responsible for other peoples choices is such a relief.
I am grateful for connection. I am grateful for all of you.

10 Likes

Goosebumps! Sorry i missed this life is about being in the present and honestly the last two months been tough. Your post gave me a boost and honestly bumps. Hope you had a great day :pray:t2:

11 Likes

Good morning all,
Im grateful for being able to face tough things sober. Im grateful that I am showing my kids that it’s possible to do hard scary things, and do it sober. Im grateful for my family. Im grateful for love and forgiveness. Im grateful for this thread, and everyone here who is trying, and doing the best we can. Im grateful this thread is a safe haven for me- no judgement and no expectations, just welcoming and supportive. Im grateful for hot coffee and Audible books for my drive to work this morning.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

14 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 284 days today
My husband who calls to tell me he loves me
Boscoe didnt wake me up last night
My folks :heart:
My family
Followed thru and got my workout in yesterday
Sticking to healthier lifestyle
No using dreams i remember
No hangovers
Clear mind
Mindfulness
My curiousity and exploring new tools to add to my sober toolbox
Guided meditations
A good chat with my boss yesterday
Im not plagued by FOMO or constant need to use
AA fellowship
TS fellowship
Each and every one of you!

We can do this. One day at a time.

12 Likes

I’m grateful I’m up too early again.
I’m grateful I’m not getting done what I thought and that’s ok.
I’m grateful for the power of step 2.
I’m grateful when things are shit. All I have to do is “Come to believe.”…….
Fill in the blank

I’m grateful I’ve leaned I’m not perfect.
I’m grateful I’ve learned I don’t have to be perfect.
And I think maybe more importantly, You don’t have to be perfect either! Ya you! :heart:

I’m grateful I’ve realized I’ve set such high perfect standards for myself and I expect everyone else to be my perfect. How fucked up is that?

I’m grateful for my new thinking going forward.

I’m grateful my liver enzymes or whatever they’re called are getting better. Still above the normal level but just barely now.
I’m grateful I’m starting to like my new doc.

I’m grateful I’m learning and afraid of some of the long term consequences to my health after drinking 45 years. I’m a bit worried. I’m grateful it’s not keeping me up at night. I’m grateful I’m not scared. I’m grateful these issues I’m working on are helping me in my resolve to never drink again. I’m grateful I’m working on my health.

I’m grateful I don’t have workers in the house today. I’m grateful they will come back and finish sometime. Soon. I’m grateful I am not going to worry about when. I’m grateful they’ve been good on their word so far.

I’m grateful I get to go to my new meeting at 10 am this morning. So I better wrap this up.

Love you guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
:pray:t2::heart:

Accept what is
Let Go of what was
Have Faith in what will be

15 Likes

I’ll catch up later, I need to check in first.
Today I’m grateful I feel relieved. I take care for me (and the cats). I don’t have to care for my late mum and my ex anymore. I feel guilty because I loved them, but both situations were overwhelming and too much for me. Mostly because nobody cared for me, my mum was old and needed help, my ex was not interested nor willing in supporting me and my conditions: feelings, menopausal roallercoaster, desire for love and connection, building a neat life together in the new house.

I really loved to care for them, to help, to make life as good as possible for all of us. Well, not for me actually. I don’t know if this is a pitty party or if I’m just sad. I feel really relieved that I live alone now. That I can stay in bed and sleep in. That I can rest, no longer doing chores, run errands, organize everything with no help from my ex but for 2 households. That my house now is easy to keep tidy and neat as my ex doesn’t stress me anymore.

I’m grateful my cat- and housesitter showed up today. She will take care during my fasten week. I’m grateful the cats are no longer shy, they sniffed and snuggled her. What an improvement since summer :pray:

I’m grateful that I’m kind to myself today. That my cats cuddle me. That friends text me. That I can come here to read and share. I don’t know why but today seems to be a special day allthough it was a normal, ordinary day. Only my feelings were somehow special, somehow new. I’m grateful for whatever this was.

15 Likes

This is a nice thought. I give it a try to find out if it was serenity. It was like something fell off, no longer is keeping me down and small.

6 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help guide me to do your will while remaining clean and sober, just for today. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful that I put a whole lot of time, effort and love into mine and others recoveries before as it truly helps to have that hope, strength and experience to lean on. I’m grateful for @Soberbilly @Bootz @anon74766472 @Dazercat @Its_me_Stella @JasonFisher @M-be-free49 @Sunflower1 @Mno @Lisa07 and many more that I can’t tag today for the impact you all have had on me and others on here because I can’t but we can :wink: I’m grateful for music, laughter and sunshine. I’m grateful I learned how to cook during my time living and volunteering at the treatment center, then their sober living home because now I use that skill to find work and feed others and in turn it fills my soul tank. I’m grateful for pet therapy. I’m grateful I currently live in a building that offers groups to help people with mental, physical and spiritual needs as it affords me lots of opportunities to learn more and help others. I’m grateful that I finally have an appointment to get back on assistance tomorrow since its been about a month since I got laid off and my money is gone. I’m grateful I surrendered my will and got on a few detox lists earlier this week. I’m grateful I am part way through day four clean and sober and that even though I don’t want to attend detox (with ideally a week or more under my belt since they told me to call back Monday) I will do what my supports suggest and go anyway.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are amazing. Don’t forget k. Ya you!!

22 Likes

I’m here later than usual,but to read this first is awesome. So grateful for your efforts @I.cant.We.can (aka Brian). Four days,hells yeh dude. You have “muscle memory”. You know what you need to do and you are doin it,ya…

I have gratitude galore. My new Sangha member pledged with me :slight_smile: pick up the phone before picking up your doc same goes for me. Oc. I found an Al-anon meeting I really like. Grateful for how welcoming the group is. Bonus: it’s within walking distance in a beautiful park full of :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree:. Grateful for @Dazercat encouraging me. Thanks Eric. Grateful for my next door neighbors. Grateful for feeling my feelings to the depths. Grateful for music. Gratidudes and dudettes I am grateful for all of y’all. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

13 Likes

I’m grateful my friend Brian found his way back to our TS family. You had me worried for quite awhile only because the shit out there isn’t what it used to be. We’re losing too many to this disease and I couldn’t bare to have you be amongst that list of casualties. I’m grateful God gave you another chance at recovery. I’m grateful for your 4 days and willingness to surrender. Much love to you @I.cant.We.can. :heart:

14 Likes