Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Good morning I am grateful for an early start to my day. I am grateful for insight timer and the meditations I chose at 4 am. I am grateful for the live event I got to attened at 6:30 because I was up so early. I am grateful I had time to log into my 8 am yoga class online because I would not have had time to go in person before my dentist appointment.

I am grateful I go to the dentist today. When I was in active addiction at one point it had been 10 years since I had seen a dentist and had a professional cleaning. I just kept putting it off and putting it off and then of course ny mind got the better of me and fear took over. I am very hard to freeze and have super sensitive teeth. I ended up with such bad dentist anxiety I just wouldnt go. I am grateful I at least knew enough to take obsessively good care of my teeth myself even through my meth addiction. I am grateful that for the last 7 years I have been getting my teeth cleaned professionally every 4 months. I am grateful I have all my teeth.

I am grateful that my Dr is convinced this latest ā€œfluā€ I had was food poisoning. I am grateful for that because I was starting to really question my immune system. I have basically been unwell since September with 5-10 days of ā€œhealthā€ between illnesses. I am grateful that I know that there is something I can do to correct my immune system and it starts with eating better. I am grateful I am open to the idea.

:heart:

13 Likes

ā€Opening your eyes to more of the world around you can deeply enhance your gratitude practice.ā€
Derrick Carpenter

:pray:t2: :older_man: :ocean: :desert_island: :heart:

13 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for my brain. I like my brain, itā€™s gorgious. It works. Iā€™m grateful I did a huge part of my homework on finances for my lawyer today. Iā€™m grateful it pays that Iā€™ve been doing all the finances and business stuff for more than 30 years. Iā€™m grateful I know what I do and get the results that I need. Iā€™m grateful for a very productive day.

Iā€™m grateful for leftovers, for cats on the desk, for a long lunch break.
Itā€™s evening, Iā€™m tired, one hour left on the online seminar I booked yesterday spontaneously. Itā€™s free and itā€™s obligatory for organic farmers here. Iā€™m grateful for no costs and interesting speakers and content :pray: Iā€™m very grateful I donā€™t have to leave the house for education. I love being at home, slouching in my office chair, legs on the desk, sipping tea, muting the current speaker because his content is non-relevant for me.

Grateful for my cozy house, the comfy bed, for living alone and nobody stressing me.

14 Likes

Of course! And I feel grateful you have the wherewithal to check out RD. Itā€™s worth a try. Iā€™m grateful I found out about Recovery Dharma here from @Thirdmonkey . It changed my trajectory. Iā€™m grateful my daughter is feeling a bit better :two_hearts: culture results are pending but likely streptococcus. She was sick af. Grateful for Hungry Ghosts United. Grateful for Refuge Recovery. Grateful for TS. Grateful for you. Yup,you know the rest. Hope yā€™all have a peaceful day. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

13 Likes

Laughing :smiley: my a** off

9 Likes

Struggling with my anxiety and mental health today so I figured I should find some gratitude even if Simple. Also have 6 days of catching up to do on here!!

Grateful for a full stomach. Grateful for my room and shelter . This is my safe place even when it doesnā€™t feel like that. Grateful for being able to spend time with the family dog tucker yesterday. Grateful I was able to move my Therapy appointment sooner. Grateful for lemonheads and airheads candy. Grateful for chamomile tea. Grateful Iā€™m realizing coffee does not help me anymore. Coffee makes me feel like Iā€™m being Chased by the police or something. Grateful for the weather being nice. A little cold for me but not to bad. Grateful Even though Iā€™m struggling alcohol and pills do not seem like a solution. Alcohol and pills will make things worse. Grateful for the endless music on YouTube. Grateful for Netflix and the endless shows. Not grateful I finished all 18 seasons of Greys Anatomyā€¦ but grateful for the lessons I learned from the show. Grateful I will find something new to watch. Grateful for the rain sounds that constantly play on my laptop to help me stay calm. Grateful for long walks. Grateful Iā€™m alive and physically healthy. Very grateful for this community. Makes me feel less alone

18 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for:

My comfortable relationship to sobriety.
I honestly love being sober.

The opportunity to now share my life with another sober person.

Yesterday 4 people that I love walked away from a car accident.

Today I get to do something I love for a living.

I feel happy in my body and am proud of it for sleeping when itā€™s time to sleep and getting up when itā€™s time to get up.

My mom is happy and falling a little bit more in love with her partner everyday.

I get to attend an AA meeting this weekend with my love.

Today all of my needs are met.

17 Likes

I am grateful to feel love
I am grateful for the yoga class today
I am grateful to go to bed now
I am grateful for relative safety
I am grateful for water, electricity and
internet connection

Love :heart:
Peace :white_flower:

17 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for 486 days of sobriety :yellow_heart:
Iā€™m grateful I am making a home inside myself
Iā€™m grateful I can be still and listen to my body
Iā€™m grateful my heart is full and has no capacity
Iā€™m grateful I feel appreciated at work
Iā€™m grateful I beat off my cold before it hooked itself into me
Iā€™m grateful for my routines
Iā€™m grateful I never stop learning to let go and trust
Iā€™m grateful fears can be overcome
Iā€™m grateful detachment does not mean a lack of love
Iā€™m grateful I can feel old habits finally falling away and new cycles being born
Iā€™m grateful that hope has always had a place in my life, even in the darkest of times, Iā€™ve never lost sight of it.
Iā€™m grateful for life, just as it is :yellow_heart::hatched_chick:

13 Likes

Late night gratitude:
I am grateful to be grateful.
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful for what I have.
Grateful I get to see my beautiful boy tomorrow.
Grateful for my practice.
Grateful for Heart Alchemy.
Grateful for music.
Grateful that gratitude has become a trait.
Grateful for Alobar.
Grateful for feeling tone.

13 Likes

Grateful to read your share Trevor. Grateful you posted a pic of The Dawg! Your parentā€™s dog,right? He looks pretty cool. Grateful my morning meditation on Insight Timer recommended writing down gratitudes. It makes a nice flow. Grateful for past times enjoying Lemonheads,donā€™t do sugar now,but I cannot lie,I could eat the whole box in a couple hours. Grateful for The Spa on Sirius XM. Works this moment but when I get on my glider need something crunchier. Grateful for my primary physician. Grateful I was treated poorly at my previous docā€™s office. A grateful gift because it prompted me to leave him. Grateful how the magic chose my new practice. Grateful for the new physician I saw yesterday. Grateful for being open (hi Universe,nice to meetcha). Grateful I get to read yoour share and everyone elses too! Grateful my son arrives this afternoon. Grateful I didnā€™t lose my 2 kiddos in the midst of my active addiction :pray: blessed be

Grateful for this dedication of merit

God guru and Self are One

.edited to add thisā€¦couldnā€™t recall the poochā€™s name. Tucker is also the name of a cute pooch belonging to a member of my Sangha.

11 Likes

Things Iā€™m grateful for today:
Adding another day sober to my counter.
My cats.
Coffee.
Quiet mornings.
A safe and cozy place to live.
Time with my boyfriend.
The people in my IOP group.
Feeling comfortable enough to share in group.
Time off work to focus on my health.

15 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 271 days of freedom
My husbands sobriety. It helps to not have him using around me.
My mom had a wonderful 70th birthday
She sent a love filled thank you via snail mail. She must have sent them the day after her party lol
A work from home day
Looking forward to a healthy lunch of baked chicken and brocolli
Its supposed to be near 40 today so Boscoe and i will take a couple walks
A productive day at work yesterday
A wonderful Ladies AA mtg last night
Boscoe didnt wake me up last night
No using dreams
Closing in on 9 months of sobriety
Those who relapse and share the message that we only have today. Long term sobriety isnt guaranteed and should be guarded
All of you!

Light and love to all on their sober journies

16 Likes

Iā€™m grateful to close out another wonderful sober trip, meeting my grandson. Iā€™m grateful they let me hold him while they got to eat. Iā€™m grateful I can understand their anxiety and that they donā€™t think I know what Iā€™m doing. And thatā€™s ok. I grateful I have the sober confidence to know what the fuck Iā€™m doing with a ten day old. Heā€™s has only been home a week.

Iā€™m grateful my daughter laughed when I sent her and updated selfie from couch to kitchen while they were eating to show her he was breathing and his nose and mouth wasnā€™t blocked. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™m grateful when the new parents didnā€™t want us around I convinced my wife to stick with the facts. Even though we flew ALL the way out here, :grimacing: the fact is, wifey and I had a great mini vacation :blush: going to Santa Monica and Malibu beaches :desert_island: :ocean: instead of being butt hurt thinking made up scenarios about why they didnā€™t want us around and what we did wrong.

Iā€™m grateful for my new family and they are going to be ok.

Iā€™m grateful I got to buy Gus his first hoodie.
Iā€™m grateful for the joy and gratitude the new Dad had on his face when we brought the hoodie home and the deep blue tie dye onesie. With matching hat. Iā€™m grateful heā€™s going to be a great Dad to my grandson.

Iā€™m grateful the visit is over and we get to go home and get the pets. Iā€™m grateful we can space it out another month before we have to board them all again to go see Chonky Girl Norma.

Iā€™m grateful I love being a grandpa. I was pretty scared of having children brought into this fucked up world. I still am. But I can be sober grandpa and use my tools to control the only thing I can control. Me. And how I look at things. Iā€™m grateful I now know how to look at things and be grateful. Itā€™s so much more fun.

See heā€™s breathing his nose and mouth isnā€™t blocked.

Iā€™m grateful for that little shark.

:pray:t2::heart::older_man::baby:

ā€As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.ā€
James E. Faust

19 Likes

I am grateful I can surprise myself. I do things, although maybe tiny ones which I wouldnā€™t have done some years ago. Calling people and clarifying things. Making my point and not giving in.
I called insurance company to tell them that I have no interest to change my diabetes stuff Provider. Maybe I was a but harsh but after calling them earlier this week and they told me the opposite of what was written in a letter I got today, I thought :thinking::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:
I went to the cashierā€™s to ask back some money I paid for but didnā€™t have. I would have been too ashamed to do this given the low amount but itā€™s the tiny things I can grow as well.
I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I have work.
I am grateful itā€™s the weekend.

15 Likes

What is that? Grateful Guru Gumby :joy:
You been praying to Gumby all this time :scream:
Whatever works. Iā€™m not judging :pray: insert Gumby emojis here.
:pray::pray::pray:

7 Likes

Grateful to see Tucker again.
Give him a pet from me.
Iā€™m grateful my daughter had Scrubs on TV in the background the last couple of days. Itā€™s a great fun show to watch along side Greys Anatomy. Good laughs. Iā€™ve watched every season of Greyā€™s since it started. Waiting to see if thereā€™s a 20.

10 Likes

Forgot to congratulate you on your 9 months SoberB.
Congratulations!!
You are such a thoughtful caring addition to this great thread of gratitude.
Way to go Grandpa :older_man:
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

11 Likes

Hahaha! My ultra talented artist son made that for me. So,Art Cloakey the creator of Gumby was a practicing Buddhist. Wait,thereā€™s more. In that photo you may notice Gumby is holding a coin on his tray. I havenā€™t a clue where it came from but it has hands folded in prayer on one side and the Serenity Prayer on the other. Gumby is sitting on my copy of Ram Dass first book,Be Here Now. And the framed pic in the background is my boy asleep at a gfā€™s house when he was 4 years old. Btw,he arrives for a 4-day visit this afternoon. Iā€™m stoked. Havenā€™t seen him since he and Les brought me home from the rehab hotel May 27th. My friend Bianca,who I connected with virtually on our rehabā€™s alumni page is visiting with her daughter tomorrow. Iā€™m a happy lil hippie! (Bianca and Anika refer to me as hippie Bill). Itā€™s Fryway fo sho.

12 Likes

I am grateful when people take cleantime here, congrats Billy. :heart:

8 Likes