Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Today I’m again grateful for my brain. For a productive day. For awareness of patterns that came through going through the finances. I’m grateful I recognize patterns when I see them. I’m grateful it’s not a big thing to change them in the future :pray:

I’m grateful I got derailed during my therapy appointment. We started on a topic and ended up on a completely different issue. I felt released after therapy :pray:

I’m grateful I brushed the red furball and gave the old boy a haircut on his bum :blush:

I’m grateful for delivery service and yummi Thai food. For tea in abundance. For a nap after lunch. For the meditation technique that is used in the military to fall asleep quickly, I think @Chiron posted it recently on another thread. It works for me and helped me fall asleep again at 4 a.m.

I’m grateful my co-dependent feelings are low today and I enjoy living alone with my 3 cats. I’m grateful for funny messages and memes I receive :blush:

15 Likes

It’s such a blessing to have you as a friend to walk this path with. You inspire me. Have a blessed day and weekend :pray:

7 Likes

Oh shite,your mom and I are the same age. Lmao. Well I do have fatherly feelings for you and Boscoe. Sending hugs and pets.

8 Likes

Dcat I love this picture. All hail grandfathers!

6 Likes

Thanks papa billy :wink:

8 Likes

Yeah tucker is my parents dog … wish he was mine to be honest. He is such a good dog and very smart. He is about 2 years old and mostly just wants to have the zoomies outside and run around and eat anything he can find. One day I will have a dog of my own … hopefully a girl pitbull I can adopt.

8 Likes

I’ll definitely give tucker a pet for you and tell him you said what’s up. Scrubs is a good show also … I forgot about that show… not sure about the future of Greys Anatomy but hopefully they keep making them. I have always loved hospital shows and I’m very interested in anything medical.

8 Likes

I am grateful for my body,
as an airbnb for this time on earth.

Love :panda_face:

10 Likes

Hello All and God bless.

Been missing you all. Ya you!!

I’m grateful that I have had a positive impact on people here and that many of you have done the same for me. That’s why I try to keep comimg back. I love you. Ya you!!

We are all worthy of love.

I am grateful that even though life got/gets hard beats me down and breaks my heart I know there is still light and love inside me trying to fight it’s way out. I’m grateful for the realization that during my last fiveish months of relapsing I have been acting like a childish addict instead of a recovered man. I’m grateful to God and that I said so on here daily for almost two and a half years because it proves what I already thought and discovered to be accurate, as many of you have as well, gratitude works wonders if you let it, throw in whatever higher power you want with that and boom goes the dynamite, you got a better life, how did or do I forget this stuff :thinking:
I am grateful for All my family, friends, TS
and the grati-dudes. I am grateful that I lost my job ten days ago back on the 17th, which would have been my three years clean date, that realization stung like a son if a B let me tell ya. Insead of a three year celebration I got fired :cry:. I am grateful that they told me they are marking it down as a lay off so I can apply for employment insurance. I am grateful they suggested I get my shit together and come back next harvest which is in roughly August. I am grateful that I had a few tough talks with my parents and sister lately having to tell them just before Christmas that I had been relapsing and just today I came clean about my job. I am grateful they took it as well as they did. I am grateful for music sooo much music, got my t.v. all the way up to 100 listening to the classic rock jem All right now. baby its alright alright alright its alright now . Now some AC/DC I am grateful I saw AC/DC in concet back in the 90s Excuse me while I take a dance break :joy: I am grateful for humor and laughter. I am grateful for the twelve steps. I am grateful for my beautiful apartment that I have managed to keep looking brand new since I moved in on the 27th of June. I am grateful my friends invited me to join them and their kids earlier today on the local snow tobogganing hill. Lots of fun watching the kids laughing and sliding down the snowy hill, I went down once, it was a combination of scary and fun it’s a pretty big hill. I am grateful that I have my neighbors pup sitting here with me. I am grateful some of you will remember me mentioning stella before heres a new photo of her and me right now.

Lmao thats a good one.

I am grateful to have found a way to get clean and sober before so here’s hoping to find it again, I will pray that tomorrow I can truly post that I am on day one because sadly I am still not there yet. This post helps get a few things off my chest.

God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good. Ya you.

20 Likes

We’ll keep the light on for you @I.cant.We.can

You can do it. Yay you!

8 Likes

This is fantastic and I am grateful you shared it.

8 Likes

Grateful to see you Brian. Thanks for bringing Stella. Great selfie.
I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

We are here for you :orange_heart: You had such a big impact on me when I was joining the gratitude thread. I’m overall grateful for you, @Dazercat @Its_me_Stella @Bootz @anon74766472 and others I don’t remember at the moment (it’s early and I’m still a bit dizzy from sleeping but the old boy miows for food and snuggles). Your posts incuraged me to come back, reading, posting, staying connected and yes: smiling and breathing. :pray:
The picture of Stella and you is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Do the work, sobriety is worth it. YOU are worth it. I pray for you and light a candle :candle:

10 Likes

Thanks very much. I am grateful for you too. I am grateful to be reading up a bit on here over the last few days. I am grateful I noticed I need to update my profile. I am grateful I went to AA on Wednesday, my first in weeks. I am grateful to have three meetings I committed to this weekend. I am grateful Stella just went home and my post prompted that sweet photo earlier. I really don’t take pictures often or at least not until I joined here and started posting selfies (sometimes just for the likes, ick, theres some brutal honesty) I am grateful for honesty. I am grateful to have had my first highly productive and good day in weeks. I am grateful my Crohns flare up is getting better, that really helped towards this better day. I am grateful to put my feet up and pass out to a movie. I’m grateful to God.

God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget your Awesome. Ya you!!

18 Likes

I am grateful for shout outs.
I am grateful to see some people logging in here with the will to change. It’s hard to start this.
I am grateful for yoga.
I am grateful I slept a bit better tonight. Is this shit work related?
I am grateful for heating. I am grateful for electricity. I am grateful I found this place here.
I am grateful I can feel my nervousness. I feel like in a trap. A trap I built myself. And now I desperately try to find a way out. Exactly like I did with alcohol. Minus one day caffeine.
I add that I am super grateful for selling one of my puzzles without annoying haggle (if that is the correct word). Nice exchange. Enjoy the puzzle. Go.

18 Likes

Do you make your own puzzles?:thinking::astonished:

I’m grateful for my new amazing job.
I’m grateful to could come to this forum every day, and can connect to you, and grow.
I’m grateful to get information about everything very quick nowadays and can inform and educate myself.
I’m grateful to know exactly what shit alcohol does/did to my body and as a reminder, why I’m sober and wanting to be.
I’m grateful for my privileges, which I just gain, because I was born in a specific place at a specific time.

15 Likes

Jigsaw puzzles. Well, I will work on my English.

6 Likes

I thought of jigsaw puzzles.:wink: So I’ve to check my English next time, too.

6 Likes

Good morning from a dark and chilly January morning in Wisconsin. I hope you all are well.

I’m grateful to be 15 months sober today and get to share this sober journey with my husband who is 9 months sober today. Wooot!

I’m grateful to be in synchronization with my hubby. We are now in similar employment situations and our weekly schedule keeps us on a healthy path.

I’m grateful to mostly enjoy the work that I do. Monday brings the start of second semester. One of my favorite things about working in schools is that we have lots of “fresh starts”, and Monday is another one.

I get frustrated that I have not mastered the work I do in schools, and yet that is what keeps it interesting and challenging. I’m grateful that the challenge is more intellectual than dangerously stressful like my previous position was. I’m grateful to have the right level of challenge and frustration to keep me growing and learning.

I’m grateful that I’ve been pretty successful in my fitness routine. I got in the pool 6 times in the last two weeks for early morning swims. My strength and stamina are building up and the endorphins are excellent. I showed up at a teacher meeting yesterday after a good swim and some strong coffee and felt so great I was almost dangerous. Hehehe. Friday morning trainings for teachers are notorious for teacher grumpiness. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m grateful to have a warm and safe and loving home. The news in the world right now is so much war and violence and catastrophe.

I’m grateful to be able to continue to support my brother through his hard times. I wish things would get better for him.

I’m grateful for this community. I usually only post on the weekend, but I check TS multiple times a day and am very actively thinking about what I learn and see here. This has been an incredibly important part of my sobriety and I’m grateful to have access to it 24/7. I highly doubt I would be at 15 months of freedom if it were not for this resource. I’m grateful to all of you who share your experiences and your learning.

I wish you the best. Let’s have a great day!

16 Likes

Isn’t that the truth? I am so grateful for the 24/7 access to information and the experiences of others.

8 Likes