Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

You are so lovable and healed Caroline. :two_hearts: 500 days today. I’m proud of you. I relate to so much of what you shared. I am gratefully allowing myself to really feel my feelings and emotions. Yesterday I had a breakthrough in fact,and I am grateful I did. I was listening to my playlist during exercise and The Soft Parade,a song performed by The Doors,came on. It brought to mind a close friend who’s gone for over 30 years now. I started thinking about him and how he died and how he lived. It broke me down. I wept. I am so very grateful that I could feel that deeply. I am grateful for you @Callie99 . Enjoy your 500th sober day.

11 Likes

Today I am grateful for my the beautiful day we had yesterday and the joy and motivation it brought. I’m grateful for the 37 reasons I found not to run yesterday, but did it anyway. I’m grateful for sore muscles and the feeling it gives me of knowing I’m slowly “unearthing” the person I once was who worked hard toward achieving what she wanted and stuck to it. I’m grateful for the tears those thoughts bring to my eyes as I know it means getting to the root of why I feel the way I do about myself. I am grateful for meetings, sleep meditation, and dear friends who are willing to open up and be vulnerable. I am grateful my Mom is having a good week and that my son gets to spend the whole week with his Dad, just the 2 of them. He was overjoyed when telling me his step mom would be put of town. I am overjoyed with him as they need that time together. I am grateful for 2 get togethers with friends this week as I have isolated myself so terribly the last year or so. I’m grateful to share and read the shares of others on this forum. Thank you.

10 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 284 days free from weed and alcohol
My husbands sobriety
My husbands commitment to paying this big tax bill we will have
Boscoe, the lil fucker, ruiner of dreams
Being able to fall back asleep after Boscoe wakes us up
My family is safe
My mom will watch Boscoe today
I’ll get a workout in tonight after work
Hump dayyyy
Taking my healthy lifestyle seriously, i remain committed
AA fellowship
TS fellowship
All of you, yes you

We can do this!

Edit 283 days :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@everyone thank you for the sweet notes and birthday wishes. It made my morning :yellow_heart::sun_with_face:

9 Likes

Happy Belated Caroline :tada:

Awesome post , I could so relate
Well done on the 500 , keep rocking that sobriety :sunny::pray::person_in_lotus_position::heart:

6 Likes

Happy Belated Callie.
:pray:t2::heart::tada::partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m grateful I got up too early and I got or had lots of time for my morning recovery routine.
I’m grateful for my morning gratitude meditation :pray:t2:
I’m grateful I don’t feel rushed.
Ya know…. With that said. I think I’ve lived my whole life in some kind of a “rushed,” “got to get this done,” state of mind. ALWAYS :grimacing: No wonder I’m fucking exhausted :weary:
I’m grateful to notice this. Especially yesterday. I’m grateful I did a gratitude meditation yesterday. And tended to other things instead of rushing through my recovery readings and a gratitude list. I survived :laughing:

I’m grateful I took care of myself yesterday and went to the doctor. She had an opening and I took it. I’m grateful I thought how this decision would affect my wife. We had a team of handymen finally here to fix up the house. Big list. I’m grateful I’m learning I need to take care of myself sometimes. (Just reread this) :point_up_2: (why don’t I take care of myself all the time :thinking:) And she just might have to deal with shit around here. And I’m grateful I might just be able to let go.
I’m grateful I matter.

I hate the saying. I got to put on my own oxygen mask first before I can help anyone else. But I do. I’m grateful I did.

I’m grateful the handy guys, father son and helper were/are so kind. Polite. Helpful. Wise. Considerate of our pets. I’m grateful I’m giving them a Christmas list of “to dos,” around here. I’m not handy! Anyway. I’m grateful I use to let some little things go and live with it. Maybe to save money. Save time. It’s not that important. I’m grateful I’m not going to be wishing I should have mentioned this or that.

Grateful I’m going off track and a share for me here. When I was working for a restaurant owner I had no trouble telling people what to do. Even to the point where they would think I’m an asshole. I had no problem being tough. Produce guys were afraid of me. I check every fucking avocado, weights, and quality. I never just signed for it. They knew I’d send it back or not accept it. They eventually always brought me the good stuff the first time. I don’t do that for Eric. I’m grateful I’m learning to do for Eric. But not be an asshole.

I’m grateful I sat in a restaurant last night and I just thought the server is doing the best he can. I’ll get my stuff I ordered or not when I get it or not. Me getting upset is not going to improve the service.

I’m grateful I might be an old goat but I’m finally learning to relax a bit about things and what’s important. How import is it?

I’m grateful for @Dan.h84 pics of Ireland. Love the green. Not so much green here in the desert. Well. There’s actually plenty of green. But it’s a parched dry green. Not that vibrant beautiful deep green. :green_heart:

I’m grateful for another day in my recovery. And yours. I’m working my program the best I can. I’m grateful I can honestly say that. Today :pray:t2:
:pray:t2::heart:

”Gratitude for the present moment and the fullness of life now is the true prosperity.”
Eckhart Tolle

16 Likes

A character on a TV show I saw recently told an annoying dude, with exasperation, “It’s nothing personal, I just don’t like you.” I felt that all they way to my soul, and it’s helping to remind me to treat other people with grace and kindness even if they’re annoying. So I’m grateful I saw that, and I’m grateful to have another tool to help me be kinder in my heart to annoying people. I’m grateful I caught our puppy that somehow jumped onto the dining room table before he could do anything too naughty, but if he managed that with a straight vertical jump I am impressed and worried. I am struggling a little bit with this, I should have had a snack first. Note to self, gratitude is a bit harder when you’re hangry. I’m super grateful for snacks.

14 Likes

I’m grateful to wake up two mornings in a row with a clear head and mind. And I’m grateful to read through these posts and be reminded of so much more I am grateful for. Sitting alone with my coffee watching the sun come up and my cat enjoying the view from our tiny deck is very peaceful.

11 Likes

Day 45. I’m grateful for each day and for the help, support and kind words from everyone on this app :slight_smile: it is a great support network to have! Hope you all have a great day :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Congratulations on your 500 days Callie.
You are so awesome!

I am so happy to see you around more, sharing your gratitude with all of us. You really are a special lady. Truthfully I am very envious, in a good way, and so proud of you. You have the bravery and courage that I lacked at your age, and the whole restaurant connection, to get on this journey of sober life. It just makes me so happy when you’re around showing me how it can be done. Maybe I coulda shoulda. I don’t know. But I do know I can and will do this sober dance :dancer: :man_dancing: along side of you.
You’re freakin awesome. :pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for the sun we have atm. It’s lifting my mood a lot. I am grateful I walked back from work the last two days.
I am grateful I learn a lot at work. Also calling someone instead of writing an Email. I am really improving there.
I am grateful that we come along quite well in our team.
I am grateful I am not sick as often as my colleague. I admit that I have some doubts as she is sick almost every other week. I can let go of it. I do my work as good as I can.
I am grateful I have enough.

12 Likes

I am grateful to have a home.
I am grateful for healing.

Much love :blue_heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me remain clean and sober while following your will, just for today. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for this…

I’m grateful that the shame and guilt of chronicly relapsing will pass. I’m grateful for my sponsor. I’m grateful for the twelve steps. I’m grateful I have a warm, clean, safe space with food in the fridge and cupboards.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You’re a star, shine bright. Ya you!!

16 Likes

I’m grateful you got 2 days my friend.
I’m grateful for today and that you checked in.
I’m grateful I know you are gonna figure this out.
I’m grateful you can do this.
I’m grateful you want to do this.
I’m grateful for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

15 Likes

I am grateful you’re here Brian @I.cant.We.can . I am grateful for your humility and for all you have learned in the time you have spent in recovery. I am grateful that I will never forget the feeling of shame and guilt you’re experiencing and you’re right it does go away. Let me remind you that you are not your disease my friend. You are not the choices that you make when you are in active addiction, please dont forget that. I am grateful for your cleantime and I am grateful that you keep trying. You are part of this family and you belong with us. I am grateful everytime I see your name pop up. I am also grateful you have a safe place to rest your head and some food to fill your tummy. Keep coming back to check in, remember how we did it in those first days we were here? Do it just like that, it worked. Love you.:heart:

Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

13 Likes

But but but…Boscoe c’mon man

5 Likes

May I just say,nevermind. 2 days,congratulations. I am really grateful you’re here @I.cant.We.can

10 Likes

Why am I awake? I think just to see this. Grateful. Grateful for a glorious day yesterday. Big decisions big deal. Trust my gut. Now I can crash. Goodnight moon. Goodnight @Its_me_Stella . Goodnight sober family wherever you are.:zzz::zzz:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for the long sleep iv had.
I’m grateful for sitting in bed now with the silence of the house drinking my coffee.
I’m grateful my husband went to work this morning without starting an argument.
I’m grateful I have the energy to fight for me another day.
I’m grateful I’m not friends with alcohol anymore.

12 Likes