Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

@Soberbilly my one year birthday celebration is actually on Sunday, at my homegroup. I am grateful i get to share the meeting with my good friend who will be celebrating 14 years of continuous sobriety.

9 Likes

Hi All! :heart:

I’m grateful that I was able to chat with a co worker today, nice to vent about (work) stuff you share.

I’m grateful I’m allowed to work from home. :house_with_garden:

I’m grateful I haven’t been thinking much about drinking.

I’m grateful I’m sober. :hugs::purple_heart:

And almost day 25 for me, that should be a milestone. :trophy:

14 Likes

I’m grateful to be sober. Very f’n grateful.

I’m grateful that we are getting a wheel chair ramp installed for my mother so she can get out of the house and get to appts. It’s surreal and painful watching her decline especially as we get closer to hospice. I feel blessed to have the family I do.

I am grateful I am doing more of an “easy does it” mentality instead of going from 0 to 1000. When I push too hard I always crack.

I am grateful for the short little walk i took and to be here with everyone. :two_hearts:

15 Likes

4 Likes

Oh that is a milestone. Everyday of sobriety is a milestone. I am proud of you @maxwell :clap:. The steps you take today and your next today are leading you to a better way to live. To a better version of Maxine. Take a moment to congratulate yourself. Blessed be​:pray:

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God for helping me abstain from all my addictions today, please help me rest well tonight. I’m grateful for this forum and all the support I get to receive and give. I’m grateful that I get to work on my anger and that it told me it’s name is grief. I’m grateful I spent hours with my sister today and we had fun and serious talk and did a bunch of shopping and errands. I’m grateful her recovery from surgery is going well and that I can help out doing the heavy lifting, make her smile and bought her flowers, made me smile as well. I’m grateful dor all the rest of my family and friends to, very much so.
May our higher powers helps us achieve balance.

p.s. You are totally bad ass doing this. Ya you!!

14 Likes

I can relate @Peace Jen. My mom is 93 and in good health. She is a gift of sobriety. She and I are sharing a closeness we never had b4. It’s on me. I was in my active addiction my entire life. From adolescence to the cusp of old age. I took my family for granted. No longer. Hospice helped my dad transition twenty years ago. They are angelic as far as I am concerned. All you have to do is walk her home. As Ram Dass said,we are all just walking each other home. Sending you :heart: love.

12 Likes

Thank you so much, that is beautiful :heart:

5 Likes

Morning gratitude. Thank you @Soberbilly @Peace @Dazercat @I.cant.We.can and all others talking about loving and precious time with family. It reminds me of the loving that was there as long as I had a family. As they are all gone I value my chosen family and friends even more. I’m utmost grateful for all the wonderful people in my life including you TS folks :pray:

I’m grateful for an ok night and sleep with only weird dreams. I’m grateful for the cats to wake me up and Missi purring on me.

I’m grateful I woke up with less pain than yesterday. I’m grateful being in pain more or less for a few weeks is an every year phenomenon when the garden work starts. It’s better when I go to the gym during winter but I stopped during the pandemic as they were closed and I never went again. I dislike gyms deeply so I never dragged myself there anymore. I’m grateful I spare myself this experiences.

I’m grateful I’m awake on time and will have a hopefully productive day.

12 Likes

It’s uplifting to see you kicking ass and taking names Brian. I never doubted you. Maybe you had some doubts initially but my guess is those are so far back in your rear view you can’t see them. I’m happy and grateful that you too are taking part in the 10 day Mantra Challenge on insight timer. It’s having a profound impact on me. When He shook me awake this morning my first feeling was gratitude with a giant G. I’m grateful to start my morning with Day 5 Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum. I’m grateful for feline love. I’m grateful I cheated my vegan diet last night and treated myself to a slice of carrot cake(cream cheese frosting is dairy bfd). It was so effing dee-lish. Grateful for this safe space,for gratidudes and dudettes. Grateful for your honesty courage and wisdom my friend. It’s past time to exercise. Adios mi amigo. Namaste :pray:
God guru and Self are One

8 Likes

Good morning sober fam!

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 327 days free from weed and alcohol
Its friday, payday!
Paying bills timely
A busy day planned
Steady weightloss
Not alot of hunger cravings
Bonus time with the hubby last night
All the laughter we share
Boscoe didnt wake me last night
The weekend is sooooo close
My ladies aa mtg last night
A reminder that this disease can take down anyone who neglects to adhere to a good program
Love
Hope
All of you!

11 Likes

Grateful for a quiet morning, and grateful for my silly puppies to make me smile and help me through the morning brain fog. Grateful it’s Friday, and grateful to have plans with friends this weekend. I’m grateful to see people I haven’t seen for a long time, and people I have seen recently but are my favorite. :smiling_face: I’m grateful to be in a place where my sobriety is safe going to these celebrations even though they’re at bars. It does give me a bit of anxiety, but it’s mostly my social anxiety and a little bit of anxiety dealing with a fear of fuss when people I haven’t seen for a long time find I’ve quit drinking. I guess I have a face I make that discourages prying when I don’t feel like sharing that’s pretty effective so I’ll just trust my face to handle things. I’m grateful to have a core friend group that doesn’t shy away from telling one another they care about them, and will love them forever. It’s important to tell people that’s stuff in case you randomly get hit by a bus or something, but it’s nice to hear when you have intrusive negative thoughts suggesting otherwise. It’ll be good, and one of these celebrations is for my best friend so I know it will be fun, and hopefully we can try out the speed DND game I’ve been inventing this week. We’ll see how it goes!

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God please guide me to follow your will and help me abstain from all my addictions, just for today. I’m grateful for my family, friends, talking sober and the best thread, this one, our gratitude home thread. I’m grateful I went and tried pickle ball last night. I’m grateful that the retired men and women that showed me how to play only slightly crushed my ego and humbled me. I’m grateful its not my first time playing a sport or losing(repeatedly) and realize its about fun, learning and meeting new people. I’m grateful it was in a church gymnasium and I was able to get some information to try and rent the gym for my NA community to start our weekly volleyball games again. I’m grateful to be one day or moment at a time getting out from under the thumb of King Alcohol, Queen Drug and their many offspring sex, gambling, nicotine, sugar, fear and the list could go on, but easy does it and keep it simple sunshine popped into my head, gratefully. I’m grateful for prayer and meditation. I’m grateful for the steps, traditions, principles, concepts and promises. I’m grateful there is a meeting in a few minutes.

May our higher powers guide us towards serenity.

p.s. Dance, sing have whatever version of fun seems appropriate because you are worth it. Ya you!!

15 Likes

Good morning grateful friends.

I’m grateful for another day sober.

I’m grateful I met my friend/coworker for coffee this morning. We chatted a couple hours. It was so good to see her in person. And grateful she is getting a promotion so she’s not apt to leave anytime soon. She has been sober since September.

I’m grateful it’s Friday! And pay day!

15 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for my co-workers. If I look around I was really lucky. And they were lucky they got me. :crazy_face:
I am grateful I have enough.
I am grateful that I allow myself to buy a reservation of a seat in the train. I don’t need the stress to wander through the train looking for a free seat.

When I was walking to the train station I was thinking about people talking about toxic relationships. An old memory popped up for which I am so grateful that this passed. When a relationship ended which was never me, I tended to run after the guy and drinking didn’t make it better. So I deleted everything on my phone, every trace of this person, no ancient SMS (many years ago) or trace of his number should be on my phone because when I was drunk I would be finding anything or begging friends to give me the number or crying in a drunken self-pity party in front of his door. :roll_eyes: Wow. Never really questioned my drinking, was I?

15 Likes

I’m grateful :innocent:
I’m grateful I wasn’t the only one lost trying to find this meeting last night.
I’m grateful just when we thought we’d give up looking for it God had other plans and sent us a tardy regular to guide us.
I’m grateful to go to a meeting when I don’t feel I need one.

I’m grateful the new carpet looks great and the installers are so nice and hopefully they will finish today.

I’m grateful I miss my wife and pets and can’t wait to get home and snuggle with them. Maybe the wife too :blush:

I’m grateful for the Mantra Challenge.
I’m grateful I slept like a rock last night even though it took me a long time to wake up this morning and shake the cobwebs.
I’m grateful for coffee.
I’m grateful for sunny 50 degree weather.

I’m grateful being on my own for a couple days doesn’t mean I drink myself into a drunken stupor. Fuck me :man_facepalming: I’m grateful I don’t look forward to being alone and drinking myself to near death because I could. I grateful I can look back and think how fucking sick is that? Looking forward to being alone and drinking myself unconscious. We were very very sick. Or at least I was. I’m grateful it wasn’t too late. I’m grateful I never have to go back there again. Im grateful it fucking frightens me.

I’m grateful to be clean and sober and AF AF!!
I’m grateful for my Home Thread.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2: Om Mani Padme Hum :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful I can’t get it out of my head.
:pray:t2::heart:

“The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.”
Jon Kabat-Zinn

15 Likes

I’m grateful it’s Friday, and I’m in a decent mood. :sunglasses:

I’m grateful for Buddy :dog2: He keeps asking to go to bed earlier & earlier, I try to keep it after 9pm. I’m grateful he’s so good overnight, my guess is he thinks of me as his Velcro Human.

Riley :cat2: on the other hand, has been banned overnight due to her relentless obsession of waking me up at 3 or 4 am to drink out of the faucet & hang out. (She has 3 available water bowls). She will meow and tap me until I move, It’s the Hyper in Hyperthyroidism. I’m grateful for her love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She’s a 13 year old rescue who’s been with me for most of her life, and 3 dogs, she has loved all of them. :heart_eyes:

I’m grateful I have not been buying multiple 1.75s of vodka weekly, and making sure I have enough to blackout before I’m sober enough to go back to the store. :roll_eyes:

I’m grateful that when I write that down, my sober brain laughs at what a drunk I was. We can’t rewrite the past, but we can control our future, I’m grateful for that. :grinning:

I’m grateful for all of you, sharing your journey. I’m hopeful that we all can find our way. :innocent:

Today, I’m grateful I’m sober. :hugs: :purple_heart:

14 Likes

I’m very grateful my dogs & I arrived safely at the ranch in New Mexico, whew what a drive.

I’m grateful my car performed with excellence & my roof carrier stayed sturdily attached.

I’m grateful my dogs are such good travelers & are quiet in hotels (usually lol).

I’m beyond grateful to be reunited with my horse.

I’m grateful the little mini horse gave me a sweet nicker when I said hello to her.

I’m grateful I am sober and will stay that way, doing the work & at the same time relaxing into the journey.

I’m grateful I told my friends who own the ranch that I had stopped drinking when they offered me a bottle of wine.

I’m grateful to be alive in this magnificent place & healthy & skilled enough to care for 12 horses, 8 barn cats & my own dogs while the owners take a little vacation.

14 Likes

I am grateful that my first week long business trip this go around was great with me not drinking alcohol.

I am grateful that I am back home and 45 days sober.

I am grateful for my family, my two dogs, and my chickens😂 I actually really like these stupid chickens.

I am grateful that my chickens gave me 12 eggs today.

I am grateful to be able to sleep in my bed tonight and watch a little basketball on the couch beforehand.

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and hangover free heading into work clear headed.

I am grateful that I don’t have to act on a craving. I can watch the feeling come and go the f away.

I am grateful that I won’t be hungover tomorrow morning like a big portion of the world will be.

I am grateful for my loving family, my fur babes, my house, my car, and to be here with everyone odaat. :two_hearts:

11 Likes