Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #3

Morning gratitude. I’m grateful Missi is purring and tamping away on me, bumping her head into the phone and nibbling on the cover. This little furballs are pure love.
I’m grateful I woke up without alarm. It was a short night, I wound up on a film and its sequel I never saw because my ex didn’t like it. It was fun, I laughed out loud several times! I’m grateful for laughter.
I’m grateful I ordered food delivery to accompany the film evening. I don’t eat this late normally. The food was excellent and spicy. I’m grateful I woke up sober and headed to the bathroom quickly because spicy food is stimulating my bowel. I’m grateful it comes from good food, not from booze related irriation :pray:

I’m grateful I managed yesterday well. My feelings were all over the place several times during the day. I meditated, prayed (praying while driving is a good idea!), took a walk, sat in the sun, relaxed, focused on gratitude and the wisdom I found here :pray:, ate, had a talk with my cousellor, said a hundred times no, we don’t do this anymore to myself. It helped :pray: I stayed sober, I did not give in to my codependent patterns and it was in fact a good day!

I’m grateful I can take it easy today, nothing on the to do list is urgent. I’m overall grateful for how I feel today. Like I passed a big exam back at my days at the university. I’m grateful how I feel, it’s difficult to describe (even in German).

I’m grateful I turned off the central heating 2 days ago. It became so warm all of a sudden that I have a window open during the night. I’m grateful I allow myself to cope with this far to warm weather. It’s exhausting, my head is dizzy and aches sometimes (thank God no migraine so far), I sweat and feel constantly groggy. So I do my work slowly and steadily, pause when I need it and take good care of myself. It is such a relief not having my ex beside me, always stressing me and giving me a feeling of being minor and lazy when I’m exhausted and need to rest :pray:
I’m grateful I’m working on treating me lovingly. I’m doing the best I can. And this is enough :pray:

15 Likes

Good morning grateful friends.

I’m grateful to make it to day 75 sober!

I’m grateful my headache isn’t as bad today. It seems to stem from bad neck pain and stiffness so I’ve been doing lots of gentle stretching. That seems to help.

I’m grateful my stomach is feeling a little better too.

I’m grateful I have therapy today. My therapist was out of the country for a few weeks so it’s been awhile. Glad to get back to weekly sessions.

I’m grateful that I like my job and have great coworkers. I’m grateful one of my favorites is likely to get a promotion soon which means she won’t leave anytime soon.

I’m grateful I got laid off from my last job at the beginning of the pandemic. I was angry and hurt and the time, and struggled for months to find a job. But it was such a blessing in disguise. I was there 6 years and was so stressed the whole time. The atmosphere was so toxic. My current job is none of that and I love my current boss,

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 326 days free from weed and alcohol
Met a weightloss goal and will get a reward $$
My hubby
Boscoe
Going in to work today
Trash pickup
Payday tomorrow
Sleep
Dreams
Hope
Ladies AA mtg tonight
Having enough
All of you and this community!

Together we can.

15 Likes

I’m grateful to have wonderful friends, and I’m grateful to have plans to see them in the short term and that we’re making plans for a girls weekend this summer. I’m grateful for my BF, who made us an excellent dinner last night at short notice when I didn’t feel like cooking. I’m grateful for a new day, and I’m grateful for my sobriety.

14 Likes

Grateful today for the strength I have been given to stay sober and take things one day at a time.

14 Likes

I’m grateful the fucking sun :sunny: is out and it’s not raining :cloud_with_rain: and I’m not stuck in the fucking snow! :snowflake:

I’m grateful I’ve survived the stress of the last few days of getting to, and being all alone in, Scottsdale, and keeping my 1176 days of not drinking or being hungover ALIVE! I’m grateful I don’t drink anymore. The last few days alone could have been a HUGE HALL PASS to get shitfaced. I’m grateful I don’t do that anymore. I’m grateful I live life on life’s terms.

I’m grateful as soon as I got here I found a meeting. I’m grateful they were so happy to see me. Because I’ll be honest with ya. It felt great! That they were happy to see me!! I’m grateful I went to a large speaker meeting yesterday far away. I’m grateful I knew I would be very welcomed by strangers and I was. So much I almost cried. I’m grateful it’s such a relief to be with people that get it.

I’m grateful I traded in my iPad mini and got a new iPad. I needed an upgrade for all the grand baby pics and videos.

I’m grateful the carpet installers are coming today. It’s a big job and I’m grateful I’m finally ready for it.

I’m grateful I miss my wife and my pets. It sucks being alone. I’m grateful that’s no reason to drink.

I’m grateful I can get to another new meeting tonight if they finish up in time.

I’m grateful gratitude keeps me sober.

I’m grateful for the golden nuggets I hear at meetings. Fear Is A Lie
I’m grateful I read yesterday What would my life look like if I weren’t afraid?

I’m grateful for all you gratidudes and dudettes
:pray:t2::heart::hugs::sunny::cactus:

“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”
Anthony Robbins

17 Likes

I may have forgotten about this fine album/cd. Thanks for reminding me.
Screenshot_20230323_102609_Chrome

8 Likes

That cute lil fucker! 326 days is awsum Cjp. So proud of us. I swim in a sea of gratitude. Grateful for you. Your shares always bring a semi smile to my punim. I’m grateful my friend from rehab visited her 4 grandsons amd me. I’m grateful for another perfect wx day. Grateful for Alobar pushing his little head into my hand. Hard to text though. Grateful for gratidudes and dudettes. Y’all enjoy your day. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

13 Likes

That’s fucking great Eric.

10 Likes

I’m not crying :cry: much.
You’re crying :pray:t2::heart: best gift of recovery EVER!

7 Likes

Afternoon gratitude.

Grateful dinner is cooking in the slow cooker.
Grateful for my parents. Although we don’t always see eyes to eye.
Grateful for the :cloud_with_rain:.
Grateful for getting the clothes off the washing line in time, and grateful they were dry.
Grateful I can just relax now, and ask that needs to be done is to stream the vegetables for dinner.

15 Likes

:pray:t2::heart::hugs:
I’m grateful you’re here.

11 Likes

I am grateful to have a short hike planned for today, even though I will have to bring rain gear.
I am grateful to be sober to try to deal with some weird eye inflammation that I am trying not to worry about. I don’t have an eye doctor in this city (been here for over 3 years but, yeah) so, hmmm.
I am grateful to have food, shelter, family and friends.
Take care all!

14 Likes

Grateful Bomb :bomb: in the middle of my work day. :hugs: :purple_heart:

15 Likes

Hi! Don’t mess with your eyes, get it checked out. Hope it’s temporary, but best to find out and treat it. :hugs:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Today I’m grateful that my weed cravings are going away. I don’t find myself thinking about it so often.

I’m also grateful for therapy. I’ve had about 3 sessions so far, but i like my therapist and i think she can really help me figure myself out.

Lastly I’m grateful that my BF decided to go back to sober living for a while. It will help him get back on the right path.

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful I worked at my pace. I got a lot done, chores, errands, garden work. I’m grateful I paused and relaxed inbetween. I’m grateful I’m tired from a day full of things done. I’m grateful I finally reached my ex by phone, we need to make an appointment. I’m grateful I tell the princess in me to shut the fuck up with her codependent blabla. Today I’m adulting which means I’m gonna take a shower and go to bed soon. No crying missing attacks allowed. I’m grateful I practice coping in healthy ways. I hope this :point_up_2: is healthy.

I’m grateful I found a date to celebrate my birthday with friends. As going out became really expensive we will meet at my house and have a good time with good food, maybe watching a film after dinner. I’m grateful for friends. I’m grateful I organize things early, I’m not a very spontaneous person.

I’m grateful I feel somehow calm and at peace. It is relaxing not to deal with emotions all over the place :pray:

16 Likes

I am grateful for this too. “All you need is love.” Absolutely true.

I am so proud of my strength to walk away from what doesn’t deserve me.

9 Likes

Well yeh,my face didn’t fall off. You rock Bootz!
(chiefly in Jewish use) a person’s face.
“look at that punim, as my grandma would say”

Steve Morse was in Kansas? Wtf as the kids say.

5 Likes