Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

I am grateful to be sober. I am grateful that often I am in discovery mode. I am in this mode when I am okay or bored.
I think I was lucky because today and tomorrow there will be t-storms so I’ll walk a bit.
I am grateful I have all I need at the moment.
I am grateful that I found a way through every situation so far. Not alone. I get onto many nerves and I am grateful I know people here who are patient with me.
I am grateful my relationship to my mother is better.
I am grateful there will be rain.
I am grateful I have enough.

22 Likes

Happy birthday :tada: :birthday:

7 Likes

I am grateful I stayed sober, when I was hurting and lonely at yesterdays family event. I am grateful for a day of rest to regroup and reflect upon what happened and how I want things to be different. I am grateful I will be able to let it go, at some point.

19 Likes

Sounds like absolute bliss!

10 Likes

Grateful for the run with my 12 year old daughter and sister yesterday. Running and gossiping in the pouring rain felt so right, like this is the little highs I want to chase in my life now.

Grateful to watch my youngest daughter play tennis. Watching her grow in herself is beautiful.

Grateful for the coffee and cake at my sisters after. That was some good cake!

Grateful for the picnic lunch me and my family shared and to be around a table being together.

Grateful for the toddler snuggles my son gave me yesterday and always being a little ball of light.

Grateful to be writing this, this morning looking forward to a new day.

Hope everyone has a lovely day x

20 Likes

Morning gratitude. Happy Birthday @desert_rose :hugs::sunflower:

I’m grateful for a long and restful sleep. For kind of funny dreams. For cats waking me up with purring, tamping and miowing :orange_heart:

I’m grateful for the delicious meal I prepared for brunch at a friend. I’m feeling dizzy, maybe it’s the mixed weather conditions affecting me more than usual. Therefore I’m grateful my friend cancelled the invitation, we will meet on another occasion. I’m feeling with her, her uncle whom she loved very much passed away last night.

I’m grateful for service on TV, today the musical accompaniment is exeptional.

I’m grateful I have a toolbox to deal with emotions. My heart is heavy today, I miss my mum and my ex. I’m grateful I will do a little bit of garden work later and that the kitchen is already done. I’m grateful I started changing seasonal clothing and that worn out cloths go to the bin. Decluttering is necessary and good for my soul.
I’m grateful for tea in abundance, I love tea :pray:

16 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful today is a new day. I slipped up and reset my timer back to zero. I clearly need to work on coping with stress and anxiety better. I’m grateful I have therapy tomorrow. I’m trying to sort through all my thoughts are feelings. I feel a bit like a failure, but then I’m trying to cultivate some self compassion. I know it’s not uncommon to slip up early in recovery. It doesn’t make me a bad person or a failure. I can learn from this experience and keep moving forward.

I’m grateful I’m only a little embarrassed to admit to drinking. You are all so compassionate and caring, this feels like a safe space.

I’m grateful for an early morning with coffee and my cats.

I’m grateful to have a baseball game to look forward to. We are going to Atlanta Tuesday to see the Red Sox take on the Braves.

Back to OFDAAT.

22 Likes

Good morning Karen! Good you are back and work it OFDAAT. Sending you hugs :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

8 Likes

@desert_rose

7 Likes

This morning I am grateful for another day to be better, stronger, and more patient. I am grateful for fellow alcoholics fighting the good fight, sharing their experiences and feelings. I am grateful for the technology that gives us instant access to recovery tools. I am grateful for my my new little plants and seeds I planted. My goal is to nurture them like recovery must be. As I’ve often done with recovery, I’ve bought plants and flowers and forgotten about them, been “tòo busy” for them, and neglected them and we all know the results of that. I want to nurture these plants and seedlings like nuturing recovery and vice versa…or it will all go to sh$@. Of this, I am certain. So here goes…off to water and work in my AA toolkit.

Peace and blessings to all!!

17 Likes

I love you @erntedank :heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart:. Today I am grateful for ALL that I have. I am grateful for my freedom from 54 years of addiction. I am grateful I told my story on a Zoom meeting of Refuge Recovery last night. It felt good to let go of all of it. Today I am a grateful suicide survivor as I begin my 71st trip around the Sun. I have love and gratitude for all y’all. I do. :two_hearts: Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One Have a beautiful Sunday.

16 Likes

Grateful to be house sitting again. It’s made me realise how much I love my partner and appreciate him. I’ve been feeling a bit fed up lately, not just with our relationship but other things too. This time apart has made me feel differently.
I’m grateful for realising when I need to cut down a bit. I’ve dropped 3 clients which will make a huge difference to my week. Hopefully I’ll have energy for gardening and time for walking.
I’m grateful my sweetie of a daughter has been helping out her friends younger sister who has a few problems atm. I’m proud of her.
I’m also grateful my other sweetie of a daughter just messaged to see if I want chicken and leek bake for dinner - yes please.
As always, grateful to be here :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

I know the 12-step way is to reset your start date. Imho that’s unnecessary. Just pick yourself up get back on the horse and ride on. Be kind and gentle with yourself. You do not need to be hard on yourself or feel guilty Karen. You got this. We got this, all of us,together OFDAAT!

14 Likes

I’m grateful I got up at 4:30 thanks to Benson’s hacking up a lung.
I’m grateful Alice just got on board and is purring and nosing me in the face with her cold wet nose and settling in for some gratitude with me. I’m grateful pets are the BEST! I’m grateful I think 6 is my limit.
I’m grateful my Sancho is at my feet.
I’m grateful if no one moves I can continue my gratitude list.
I’m grateful for all my options on this early morning. Grateful for the sunrise out back to the right. Grateful for a big bright moon the last few mornings walking the dogs down the left side of the house for morning whizzies. I’m grateful I saw the moon peeking in my front door this morning too. I’m grateful to see this bird driving Ms Daisy crazy. My crouching tiger. I’m grateful for the big view outside my double glass sliding doors. I’m grateful for Bert the Bobcat walking through the tee box yesterday. I’m grateful my teriyaki steak and carrot cake were excellent last night and the service was great too. I’m grateful maybe I’ll get that sugar counter going again today. And maybe get my “I’m still on vacation time food cravings,” over with. I’m grateful it was fun. I’m grateful I feel better when I eat better, healthier, and no sugar. I’m grateful my weigh in was good yesterday. I’m grateful for all the deck and pool time I had yesterday. I’m grateful I’m getting use to the fact of doing these things alone. I’m grateful I am even starting to enjoy doing these things alone. I’m grateful Maverick replaced Alice after she left. I’m grateful when he tamps gently on my face and his claws don’t rip my flesh. I’ll be grateful if Benson doesn’t start barking at god knows what or I’m screwed. I’m grateful it’s worth the love :two_hearts:
I’m grateful I got a meeting tonight.
I’m grateful for y’all.
:pray:t2::heart::kissing_cat:

"I am thankful for
laughter, except when milk
comes out of my nose.”

Woody Allen

18 Likes

Hey OG :crazy_face:
This sounds like a sneaky way to tell us it’s……
I hate it when people do that :grimacing: what if I’m wrong :expressionless:
I’m grateful for you sir and all your wisdom and heart felt gratitude.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

13 Likes

Happy Sunday All.

Today I am grateful:

That my husband went to church…even though I didn’t. I like the conversations about god/the universe that we have. It was a nice space to begin my Sunday.

For waking up in my new house, even if the current state of it gives me a little anxiety.

For my crochet project and my ability to make something warm and cozy for my son.

For the staff taking care of my son when I cannot be with him.

For Sunday breakfast with my husband.

For the chance to put love into a home and bring it to its full splendor.

For this gorgeous spring day.

For my father and his quirks…but also for his hospitality and excitement.

For oatmeal.

For the posts on here that I get to read. I may not respond often, but they have helped me feel connected and grounded during a challenging time.

To be here sober with you today.:heart:

19 Likes

Oh happy birthday @soberbilly :birthday::notes::sunflower: Wishing you a wonderful day and scratch Indigo and Alobar :hugs:

8 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help guide me while abstaining from my addictions, just for today. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful for daily readings, prayers and gratitude. I’m grateful to be woke by kids and pets wanting to spend time with me before I head home this afternoon. I’m grateful for showers and clean clothes. I’m grateful for the twelve steps.

May our higher powers help us to be honest.

p.s. Enjoy the moments. Ya you!!

Happy Birthday @Soberbilly

16 Likes

Good morning my sober tribe,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 371 days hell yes!
Woke up and tried a new workout…kicked my butt
My new ear piercing doesnt hurt too bad
Boscoe my shadow
Quality time with the hubby today
Hopefully a long walk
Steady weight loss
Determination
Perseverance
Joy
Calm spirit
My mind body and soul
Our home
i enjoy healthy meals
Progress not perfection
One day at a time

Yay gratidudes!

Ps happy birthday papa billy @Soberbilly

18 Likes

Good morning friends,
I’m grateful I slept good last night. I’m grateful I got an early morning walk with my son. I’m grateful the weather is perfect right now, and I can sit on my porch swing, listening to the small airplanes flying overhead, and read gratitude. I’m grateful that 2 of my nephews spent the night last night, and it has transformed back into being fun and exciting, instead of the obligatory babysitting I used to do. I’m grateful I created space for myself from that. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness.:heart:

17 Likes