Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

And Happy Birthday @Soberbilly!! Grateful you are here!

8 Likes

I’m grateful for a slower, sunny, Sunday morning.

I’m grateful that pile o’ adulting paperwork is being plowed through just like recovery - one task at a time. I’m getting to the bottom of that pile! Which is not to say that I’ll ever “finish” recovery, but lo and behold, today I’m back at 10 months. Feels good.

There’s a few weeks of April-May that are the toughest for me. A death anniversary. I’m grateful that the rough edges of my grief are sanded down a little and underneath the love is there and is as strong as ever. Oh, I’m grateful now for all kinds of associations that make me smile and talk to him. A song. Eating creamed honey off the spoon. Tears at times - but of course.

I’m grateful for the spontaneously dark, irreverent humour and deep belly laughs at my Recovery Dharma weekly Inquiry Circle meeting. It still makes me laugh.

I’m grateful for the dog girl’s fine company. She is surely in a new phase of her life, and I will need to start sneaking out to get some exercise as our walks are more strolls - but I don’t think she’ll mind. She’s quite the master of acceptance and is teaching me this for sure right now.
I’m grateful and excited that she and I will both get some level of professional grooming this week. It is badly needed on both accounts. :smile: :see_no_evil:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

15 Likes

Congrats on 10 months!! @M-be-free49

7 Likes

A new thread! I’m grateful it was opened by long-standing gratidude @I.cant.We.can.

And gratichapter! I’m grateful for you, @Sunflower1.

Oh, I could respond to each post!

And happy belated birthday and 400 days @desert_rose!

Grateful that @KarenKW came right back. You belong here! Not there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m grateful for @erntedank’s honesty - and acceptance of sadness and cats’ silliness all at once. I’m grateful she has taught me too how to grieve, with the loss of her mum.
And @Pandita too. Hugs, friend. I’m sorry you’re hurting. :people_hugging:
Maybe @PinkyP will share some of that delicious-sounding chicken and leek bake :wink:

I’m grateful @Soberbilly failed at taking his life. I can’t imagine a world without him in it. I’m grateful instead to wish him a great big beautiful birthday! :orange_heart:

Happy Birthday George GIFs | Tenor

19 Likes

Evening gratitude. I’m grateful my heavy heart lifted during the day. I’m grateful I enjoyed the nice meal I cooked for brunch for a late lunch and have leftovers for tomorrow and the freezer. I’m grateful my nice neighbours opened the sit-in-front-of-the-house season, it’s always a good time together. I’m grateful my dizziness and headache definitely was because of the weather, it thundered and rained in the afternoon. I’m grateful I spent the afternoon comfy on the couch. I’m grateful I read the newspaper. I often just flip through it and enjoyed an hour of real reading. I’m grateful our moderators here on TS helped me and that I learned something today. I’m grateful I put my comfy lazy sunday Me to bed early as tomorrow morning the next cat(s) are checked in for the annual vet check. Let’s see how many cats I grab - if any. I’m grateful for all I read on here, there is so much wisdom shared :pray:

17 Likes

Omg,ur SO SO FUNNY. Amazeballs! Belly laughs. Thank you. Spent a couple hours at Coquina Beach :parasol_on_ground: on Anna Maria Island. The Gulf was perfect temp. Grateful I found a parking spot. Even read a chapter in my Thich book. Grateful. Hope your eye is ok my friend. Oh shit just thought of Matt Damon sayin to Jeff Bridges “or should I say your eye”. True Grit.

12 Likes

Awwww. Thank you @M-be-free49 . So sweet!!

6 Likes

Thank you so much @I.cant.We.can.

6 Likes

Late night gratitude :sunflower:

Grafeful to those who reached out to me the past few days to see if I’m okay and those who thought of me :people_hugging: Thank you.
Grateful I logged in this evening, Iv missed being here for a few days and needed nudging out of my isolation. Addiction loves me there.
Grateful this dark cloud of almost passed over my head.
Grateful I’m in bed sober still going strong :bed:

:pray::star::pray::sunflower:

21 Likes

Congratulations on your 10 months AF AF M :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

:pray:t2::heart::boom:

9 Likes

I started with Recovery Dharma online about 11 months ago. I segued to Refuge Recovery online and in person. I have a great mentor and we just went through my inquiry together. Took me several months to complete. Really grateful to know you do Buddhist based recovery and big congrats on 10 months Emm. :pray:

11 Likes

I loved reading this!!! – I find that once we find peace and love with ourselves and start enjoying our own company then the world is our oyster so to speak. We can truly do anything and not wait for anyone’s accompaniment. And hey – you have all them pets to keep you busy and amused :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@erntedank I’m sorry for your heavy heart – grateful that it became lighter as the day progressed. :people_hugging:
@KarenKW welcome back my friend – All is not lost from your days sober. You have the right tools to go down this road of sobriety. You are worth a life without addiction. We are here for you. ODAAT :muscle:
@Soberbilly Happy 71st trip around the Sun!! Love that verbiage – Hope you had a splendid birthday. :birthday:
@bootz you had me rolling with your post. :joy: I would find being stuck with country non-stop country music a punishment also. I hope your vision is ok and its nothing serious.

Happy Sunday my sober friends
What a day!!! I woke up with little energy and that fizzled out very quickly. It’s like I’m charging the battery but only in small segments. I am grateful for my loving mother that brought me fresh juices and a balance of fruits and other herb blends to make sure I didn’t get too much sugar.
I am so grateful for my brother who played cards with me and in effort to keep me from going mad with this exhaustion (I was a truly funny site – totally slap happy and too weak to really engage with sibling banter).
I am so grateful that my sis and brother in law called to check up on me multiple times. They canceled today’s bday celebration – said it would not be the same if I was not with them. I am so blessed with such amazing family.
I am so grateful that I was able to get a good lay down that seemed to add another charge to my battery. Took a hot shower and ended it with a cold shock. Then did my ice facial plunge and topped it off with a ice foot bath. I am determined to recharge my body. I feel fantastic right now but not doing any dancing as to preserve my energy.
I am so grateful that the burst of energy allowed me to tidy up the kitchen, clean my bathroom and do two loads of laundry – just enough to not have these items weighing on my mind.
I am so grateful that I was able to do some solo mediation throughout the day and felt the presence of my higher power today.
I am so grateful for this beautiful community and all the wonderful lessons I’m learning / advise I am getting
Sending much love :heart:

21 Likes

@M-be-free49 10 months continuously this calls for a grati-clap :clap: Thanks for being you. I’m grateful to be Canadian. I’m grateful for humor and laughter.

11 Likes

I am grateful I stay curious. It takes energy but I get back so much. Nice views. This region is so contrasting.
I am grateful I fell asleep again when I woke up way too early.
I am grateful today is off.
I am grateful alcohol is out of the equation.
I am grateful that apparently my grandmother is okay with moving a last time. Let’s hope she stays this way until Tuesday.
I am grateful I have enough.

17 Likes

Grateful today for a new day, hangoverfree mornings and strong coffee. It’s a good start. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

A very happy, warm and joyful birthday to you. :birthday: :tada:

7 Likes

I woke up feeling kinda like a had a hangover despite the fact that I obviously don’t. Was weird but a glorious feeling to remember that I don’t have a hangover and it’s probably a cold or something. Grateful for that.

I’m grateful that the sun is finally shining here in rainy England and I am now motivated enough to get out on my bike before the traffic starts. Would never have been possible when drinking even moderately.

Enjoy your days, friends.

16 Likes

Morning,
I’m grateful to be home and to have slept well in my own bed. There’s nothing like your own bed.
I’m grateful for a short work day due to me cutting a client today.
I’m grateful for fresh eggs from the chickens where I was house sitting.
I’m grateful to be looking forward to our next caravan trip in a couple of weeks.
I’m soooo grateful I don’t drink :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Lunchtime gratitude.

@Dazercat I’m happy you enjoy yourself. Having a good time alone IS a blessing :pray:

@JazzyS I’m with you in using energy outbursts for keeping up with chores. It’s calming to mentally tick it off … until the next round :blush:

@Bootz Your howling coronation fans on paws made me lough out lout. And the “punishment” … hillarious :grin:

@Cjp Your happy sounding post made me smile

And to all a thank you for the lights are always on here and there is soooo much inspiration where to find gratitude :green_heart:

Today I’m grateful for sleep. Long sleep. Bäh bäh nightmarish dreams but woke up refreshed. I’m grateful I did the most unloved thing for today right in the morning. I’m grateful I caught both juniorcats for the vet appointment. I’m grateful Schimanski was easy to clean when we arrived, he is a nervous shitshow in the car, poor boy. I’m grateful I managed to feed Missi the worm pill after the vet was not successful. I’m grateful she bite me, not the vet. I’m grateful I have desinfectant and skin antibiotic unction at home to take care of the wound. Not another infection please. Next time I bite back :scream_cat:
I’m grateful I made a follow up appountment for the old boy in 2 weeks. I’m grateful I can afford everything my pets need.

I’m grateful I’m resting now and will be soon heading to the kitchen because I’m hungry. I’m grateful I can mostly choose to have only one in person appointment per day. I’m grateful I work from home and can rest when I need it. Have a headache today so I’m double grateful for the possibility to rest.

16 Likes