Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

Good Hump Day morning to all you wonderful souls…

I am so grateful for being up and moving around albeit a bit slow
I am so grateful that even though i hardly got any sleep last night i feel awake enough to start the day (of course with the help of my favorite companion - coffee)
I am so grateful that its okay to cry and scream as i am frustrated and my body is acting up in every which way - at times it was unbearable last night but i am here and. I am determined to keep moving forward. Like with sobriety, i have the tools and have to have faith that i will have more good days than bad and eventually these type of bad days will be gone.
I am so grateful that I remembered the chocolate mousse i made and have in the freezer (my cousins didn’t end up wanting sweets so i get to enjoy now: yum:)
I am so grateful for my family - i am blessed to have such a lovely connection with my parents (my mom especially) and with my siblings. Grateful that we live close enough to each other.
I am so grateful for good quit lit books - i am still working through my first one but have a list of books to go through. Grateful that reading the books and individual journeys and revelations is such an eye-opening experience. I feel like i am getting a lot of that here from the various threads as well. Grateful for how open and vulnerable everyone is which really allows for a deeper connection - we really are not alone in this battle/ journey.
I am so grateful that the sun is shinning bright and it is not too hot yet here - most grateful that the air quality is finally good. Grateful that i did quit smoking when i did. I felt the effects of the bad air these past few days and can’t imagine being a smoker in these times.
I am so grateful for my daily practices of prayer and meditation. Grateful that even when i am not feeling at peace with myself i can rely on these practices to at least give me a sense of belonging and then of course continued practice brings me to calmness and grounding.
I am so grateful for my Higher Power - can’t begin to express the amount of gratitude i have for His helping hand showing me a this path to a healthier life. Grateful for the strength and gentle nudges to keep me here.
I am so grateful that i still do not have any answers to what is wrong with me. Grateful that i am still in the healing process because even last night i was ready to drink to make it all go away. Grateful that i knew that that would mean a major regress and could make everything so much worse. Grateful to acknowledge that i am still in the learning phase and still need to gain more strength / tools to keep me fighting for my addiction free healthy life.
I am so grateful for my friendships on this site. I honestly can’t thank YOU all enough for the support and acceptance. You have created such a loving and welcoming environment. Grateful for a zero judgement zone.
I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - sending you much love :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 444 days free
My wonderful sober hubby
Boscoe cuddles
Hubby surprised me with a steak dinner and roses
Crockpot meals
Anticipation for vacation
Hubby and i are a great team
Being considered for a promotion
Tv background noise
Our wonderful bed
Our wonderful home
Working out again and feeling proud
My folks watching boscoe
Sunshine
Water
Nature
Hope
Peace
Love
All of you!

Have a blessed day fam!

15 Likes

Goooood morninggggg CJ!!
Love the 4’s and the :rose: :rose: :rose:

I’m grateful I got up to get the Ol Burner walked before the sun was up too high. And it was already 89 degrees.
I’m grateful we’re getting our asses out of here today and head back up to the mountain where the high will be a cool 90 :sunglasses:

I’m grateful for my Tuesday night meeting in Cave Creek my home group down here. I’m grateful they were still talking about my share last week. Grateful that made me feel good. Grateful I guess I could have an impact. I’m grateful it was really more about me than them.

I’m grateful I saw this guy at a meeting that I hadn’t seen for about 6-8 weeks. I been thinking about how poorly I been judging him. I use to think he was so fucking annoying with his shares since he just reads passages out of his favorite book and tells us how much he loves the alcoholic.:heart: He loves all alcoholics.:heart: But on his last share when he did that weeks ago he said, “Sorry. This really helps me.” I’m grateful it struck me!! WHO THE FUCK AM I to judge someone else’s shares!! Even if he is annoying. He really is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m grateful I got to kind of make an amends to myself or is that a living amends, and tell him how much I learned from his last share weeks ago. And we had a great conversation as we were leaving.

Edit. Sent by accident. :grimacing:

13 Likes

I’m grateful I fucked up my list by sending it too soon and can continue here.

I’m grateful for my cats looking out the big sliding glass windows looking out at the desert golf course world. I’m grateful Benson is enjoying his after walk bristle bone. I’m grateful when he chuffs. I’m grateful for chuffy dogs.
I’m grateful Alice was pretty good. Decent. At the vet yesterday. She’s the worst!! :scream_cat: There was a little blood in her crate when she was there being boarded and I’m grateful we were proactive to get a vet to give her a quick look over before we leave. I’m grateful the didn’t find anything and didn’t want to do anything too invasive on the old cat girl. 17 she is now.

I’m grateful I see progress in me because I’m lucky enough to be working 2 programs. I’m grateful we’re getting along better. Presently. Maybe in general. But I’ll take “just for today.”
I’m grateful is there any other way?

I’m grateful for the support and friendship TS offers and all the magic it works. And you!

:pray:t2: :cactus: :blue_car: :mountain: :heart:

Al-Anon’s wisdom, hope, understanding, and encouragement keep me from drowning in a sea of insanity.

Jean C.
April, 2020*

16 Likes

Good morning. :sparkles:

I am grateful for my life today, for the calm center I feel within.
I am grateful for all of the love that surrounds me.
I am grateful that I think I might believe in myself a little, which is weird… maybe I don’t believe in myself, but I definitely am not doubting myself. Is there something in between?
I am grateful to just be today, without judgment or worry.
I am grateful to have sold quite a few pieces last night at my first big street market, and I am grateful for the quality time I got to spend with one of my sponsees who came to hang out with me for the whole 4 hours.
I am grateful for the program of Narcotics Anonymous and the people who I meet through it.
Today is a good day.

17 Likes

I am grateful for the challenges of every day. Instead of escaping from them I am grateful that now I see them as a way of growing up

9 Likes

@JazzyS I’m so happy to hear about the results and THANK YOU for the above :orange_heart::grin: In German it is “gestriegelt und geschniegelt” and I love to learn the English expression :pray:

Me too :pray:

Congrats on 444 @Cjp :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

I’m with you in this. Today in group therapy I missed the guy who often talks about rather philosophical POVs than about personal experience. He once told me it helps him to cope and heal. I’m grateful I defined goals for this setting: Take what’s for you and leave the rest. Respect all people as they are and step away mentally when it’s exhausting for you. Be kind and be authentic. Share on point, you are all there to learn, to respect, to get help and to have also good times together. I’m deeply grateful I stole all this from what I learned here on TS and I’m deeply grateful for this group therapy🙏

I’m grateful I slept. A lot. I think I fell asleep three times today. I’m grateful for church bells ringing in the morning and cats sleeping on and beside me. So much love. I’m grateful for the AC. I made delicious lunch with leftovers covered with cheese and veggies. I’m grateful with the AC I can cook without fainting. I missed self-cooked meals.
I’m grateful I was able to do chores. God save the AC. I’m not made for this humid heat. I’m sitting in the garden, it’s 10 p.m. and according to the weather app 22 degrees celsius. Nope. It’s warmer and humidity is saturated. I’m sweating. I’ll stay up till midnight and open the windows then to air the house. Inside it’s 22 downstairs and 25 upstairs. TMI. Just tired of summer.

I’m grateful for the sharings in group therapy today. Two massive sharings. I’m grateful we were able to help a colleague with emotional support and exchange of personal experience. She is a wonderful woman in a toxic marriage with 2 little children employed at her husband’s small company. She and I share lot of codependent issues and gaslighting pressure from the spouse. I’m grateful I’m divorced and shared some of my process experiences of the last year how I went on to a healthy life without him and his destructive sayings. I pray for her.
I’m grateful I keep boundaries in sharing. There are things I don’t talk about (yet??) allthough others open up. I’m grateful I listen when I don’t feel save and step back :pray:
I’m grateful for this marvellous group of people and the laughter we have. It’s a safe place without judgement. And deep understanding for each other.

I’m grateful to be me. I’m grateful me is appreciated. I’m grateful I can be of service and help. I’m grateful I listen and I’m heard :pray:

11 Likes

Another adorable Canadian hey?
Looking good Twinnie.
And happy too.
Wish I could come up there and buy something from ya. But it’s a bit of a haul. Keep up the great work. Love the pic.
:pray:t2: :dancing_men::heart:

9 Likes

Hi friends,
I’m grateful for my houseplants, my family, chili mango popsicles, and cloudy skies. Grateful I’m home and can rest. Grateful for you all❤️

9 Likes

Oh i’m intrigued – are these for real? Did you make at home or are they available at store? How do they taste - i can imagine heavenly
Hope you enjoyed them! :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

I get them from Walmart, might be a regional thing. They are amazing- I have been enjoying one in the evenings for the last several weeks!

6 Likes

OOOH thank you - will look for them tomorrow. My mouth is already watering

Edit…Out of stock at any Walmart near me…damg- will keep my eye out for em. May have to make myself

4 Likes

Wacky Wednesday!! :nerd_face:

Grateful for having some time to myself today.
Grateful for my nearly 2-hour long nap today.
Grateful for the really nice lady I dealt with today from the job placement agency.
Grateful for the supportive and understanding people in my life.
Grateful I got our bathroom sink unclogged.

8 Likes

Late gratitude. Grateful for all the gifts. For empathy and sympathy. I’m grateful for TS and all of y’all. Grateful for brain plasticity.:crazy_face:. Grateful for :books: shit to read. Grateful I’m sleepy. I’m too tired to make a decision. Grateful I realize this. Grateful my daughter hired a lawyer. Grateful I know she’ll be okay. Grateful for the Three Jewels. Namaste :pray: sweet dreams all

[quote=“Sunflower1, post:1454, topic:163980”]
Grateful I’m home and can rest. Grateful for you all❤️

Ditto

11 Likes

Those Mexican popsicles are SO good!! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

They are my absolute favorite- even over chocolate!

4 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful to be sober.
I’m grateful I didn’t have nightmares last night.
I’m grateful I got stuff done yesterday that needed doing.
Grateful I can have a quieter day today.
Grateful for the conversation I had yesterday with a friend.
Maybe I’m making progress.
Baby steps.
OFDAAT

9 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 445 days free
Sunshine
Hubby
Boscoe
Good sleep
Missed my morning workout but im not going to shame myself
Good candidates for controller
Smart coworkers
Its almost friday
Doing research on quiting vaping…im scared but ready
Ladies AA meeting tonight
Hot coffee
Dairy free yogurt
Leftovers
Good, nutritious food
Love
All of you!

10 Likes

@its_me_stella Love that smile lady – looking good. Love that you are out doing what you are passionate about – jewelry looks awesome!
@soberbilly Love brain plasticity .! Not sure if I missed it or if you want to share – what is your going on with your daughter (need for a lawyer) – I do hope its not something serious and can be resolved easily. BTW – love the pic

Happy Thursday my lovely sober companions
I am so grateful another day to be breathing, smelling (not stuffy today), moving and just around being alive!
I am so grateful for humor. Laughing so hard that stomach cramps have me kneeled over (but in a good way). Grateful for laughing so hard that i sometimes forget to breathe. :rofl: :joy:
I am so grateful for a lovely sunny day full of possibilities. Grateful for making myself move more today and focus on living
I am so grateful for sleep - good quality sleep is underrated
I am so grateful for seated gentle stretching.
I am so grateful for deep breathing that helps me calm down emotionally
I am so grateful for my lovely family. Grateful for the support and our open communication. My baby brother is turning 40 soon and he no longer wants to do anything for it - we will be discussing tonight for sure as i am big about celebrating bdays (not with presents but more with a memorable event – last year we created a murder mystery for him which actually went off swimmingly - i don’t have the energy for that level but want to do something). I am hoping that his GF is not the reason for his sudden change.
I am so grateful that I am have my practices of meditation and prayer - i know that if I am not active in these that I can be sucked into depression so I am grateful for the energy to keep up with these practices
I am so grateful for my HP and the positive energy He encompassed me with.
I am so grateful for this super supportive community. Grateful for all of you in my life. Thank you :pray:
Sending you all much love :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Just for today…

Grateful my HP has been giving me patience and endurance to get through my rough time right now.
Grateful I don’t need alcohol to deal with crap anymore.
Grateful I’m getting a little more adept with the computer.
Grateful for our cat Yoshi “making biscuits” on our pillows every morning.
Grateful for journaling. It’s been helping me stay sane.

9 Likes