Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

I’m grateful for William’s beautiful pic to start my gratitude.
@WilliamBloke It looks so peaceful.

I’m grateful I too had Daisy and then Mavy making biscuits on me this morning :kissing_cat: in bed.
I’m grateful how they take turns.

I’m grateful to get up at a normal hour.
I’m grateful I know I’m probably going to be in a depressive state the next few days. It always happens when we get home to Flagstaff. I’m grateful I can recognize this, and her getting all liquored up last night means it’s happening again. I’m grateful I know I can’t do shit about her but I can do shit about me.

I’m grateful I was able to hit a meeting last night. I’m grateful it sucked balls :grimacing: I’m grateful I guess I was just suppose to listen last night as we ran out of time. I’m grateful when I do get to share I’m mindful of the other people and don’t drone on and one like I do with my gratitude list. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m grateful I’m chairing a meeting today that I know nothing about and I think it’s a concept meeting which I know nothing about. I don’t even know most of these people at this meeting. I’m grateful none of that matters I just get to be me.

I’m grateful I fucked up my coffee this morning, too many espresso beans, yes Jazzy it possible to grind too much espresso :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: then too much water and it actually came out perfect. :+1: :coffee: I’ll probably never get that ratio again.

I’m grateful for 60 degree mornings.
I’m grateful I get to walk Benson on the trail up here and begin our Flagstaff life with just one fucking dog. The Ol Burner better be up for the task. I’m going to get Fatso trimmed down now as we get to walk a bit longer now without Minnie. Speaking of Fatso :thinking: I’m grateful I know I better watch myself as I need to get rid of some of this dead dog drunk wife emotional eating weight I’m putting on. I’m grateful at least I’m sober.

I’m grateful for the healing properties of music.
I’m grateful I put on the Kinks this morning Good Day. It put me in a right good mood.

I’m grateful I hear a disturbance in the force and it’s time to do battle. The Al-Anon way.
:pray:t2::heart::mountain:

So today has got to be a good day,
Today is gonna be a good day,
Today is gonna be a good day,
Good day, good day, good day.

The Kinks

13 Likes

I’m extremely grateful for my mother. I can tell her anything and she doesn’t judge me a bit. She loves me unconditionally, and I love her the same way.

10 Likes

Ah Eric - i’m sorry that you are going through a depressive state being back in Flagstaff. I do hope that it doesn’t last long.

Thank you for writing the bit about the beans cause i literally was like is this possible as i was reading :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Grateful you were able to get the ratio sorted out.
Do hope your meeting today is helpful and the longer walks also lift your mood.
Do know -we are just a click away my friend!

You got this my friend! Sending strength and love :heart: :people_hugging:

4 Likes

I’m grateful for these 10 days of sobriety. Grateful I woke up without a hangover. I’m grateful my ex finally replied back to my millionth apology text, it wasn’t what I hoped to hear but he said he forgives me… really trying to be grateful for that. My cousin was released from the hospital (she has cirrhosis), I’m grateful she can spend the day with her family hopefully in little pain. And lastly, grateful for a week vacation with my daughter to the Ozarks. Grateful I have books and AA zoom meetings to get me through downtime. Grateful I’ll experience my first sober vacation even if I’m a little scared.

8 Likes

Nicely done with the double digits.
It takes a while for our loved ones/ friends to find their way back to us (our actions have to show that we’ve changed) - grateful that you were able to get an answer back and that your ex has forgiven you. healing is a slow process.
have a wonderful time on your vacation - grateful hat you are already equipped with your meetings and do know we are here for you too… you will have a wonderful sober time with your daughter. Looking forward to some pics on the travelling sober thread :wink:

6 Likes

I am grateful for my family, my best friend, my fiancé, my dog, a place to call home, food in my stomach, a reliable job, and the ability to work towards recovery.
I know it’s cheesy, but Kung Fu Panda definitely resonates with me. Today is a gift to be enjoyed and not wasted.

9 Likes

Oh, I didn’t think of that!!! Traveling sober thread!! That’ll give me something to do on this trip too :heartpulse: that made me a little excited, thanks Jazz

4 Likes

OH yeah - happy to have brought that thread to your attention - now we can travel with you :wink:

safe trip my friend - :airplane:

2 Likes

Happy and grateful you axed Jasmine. My daughter’s mom,my ex but divorced for 29 years no connection,has been posting horrific things on social media. An example:

My kiddo,Leslee sent me 3 of these and I asked her to please stop. I get it. She blocked her moms months ago. But,people who know Leslee alerted her and shared. Mom mentioned Leslee’s children by name which made her fearful that children services could get involved. She first contacted the 2 soc med companies and had the posts taken off for “cyberbullying”. Then she shared the posts with a lawyer. He too is concerned that dcf would or could get involved. He is issuing a cease and desist and a restraining order. Finally she contacted her mom’s therapist and spoke to her therapist to therapist expressing concern for mom’s mental health. I’m really proud of how maturely and wisely she handled this. That being said she is severely traumatized. She told me that after the posts were removed her mom sent her the nastiest vilest text ever. I wouldn’t let her share it with me. Boundaries. That shits toxic.I explained to her the day b4 my stance:

Her response was " I love you dad."

So there you have it @JazzyS . The mother/ daughtet relationship is often fraught but this is around the bend. I offered mom compassion earlier as the difficult person in my group meditation. May you learn to care about suffering and confusion. May you respond with mercy and empathy to pain. May you be filled with compassion.

Namaste y’all :pray: God guru and Self are One

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing Billy. I am so sorry that your daughter is experiencing such trauma from her mom and grateful that she has you and has hired a lawyer to help cease this nasty treatment.

Grateful that you were able to keep your boundaries and offer comfort without being bogged down with the toxicity. Leslee is handling this really well and should be proud. I wish cyberbullying was a punishable crime - it is so toxic and often times the bully never sees the chaos that they cause.

Sending her loads of comfort and strength as she gets through this battle.

9 Likes

Today I’m grateful I had an easy day. I’m grateful for resting. I’m grateful for yummi food. I’m grateful it’s cooler this evening.

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God for lovingly guiding me through another day while following his will and abstaining from my addictions. I’m grateful for all my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes.

I’m grateful to have caught up on about 75 posts after becoming less committed to posting my daily gratitude, but fully committed to living gratefully to the best of my ability, all day everyday. I’m grateful that years of participation on this thread has drastically improved my mindset and this definitely is my home thread. I think about my gratitude and soooo many of you often. When I see a dental office or sunflower. I think of, well you guessed it, @Sunflower1 When people mention Buddhism I think of @Nowenbrace @Soberbilly. My friends will metion playing sober sports and I think of @Dazercat @Mno @Runningfree @Bootz. When someone mentions the universe at NA or spiritual principles a day I think of @Its_me_Stella. I saw a new cheese store last week and wanted to take a picture to let @anon74766472 know I was thinking about her. You all matter. I see a tic tac touque or hear about wildfires and other things that make me think of @M-be-free49 Met a newcomer named jazz on tuesday, guess who came to mind JazzyS

I’m grateful my current sponsor and I have made our first pass together, thoroughly, through every one of the twelve steps as of Wednesday morning. I’m grateful this Monday I will go golfing with my parents and sister for the first time in well over a decade. I’m grateful I get to be sad that I missed all that time with them but don’t have to continue to regret it or stay stuck in it. I know how to create new memories and be there and present now. I’m grateful to be making a lot of financial ammends lately. I’m grateful to have bought myself some stuff too, like clothes that fit. I’m grateful my weight seems to have stopped dropping for now, my crohns disease is tough that way and I think that might be what seems to make me extra tired sometimes. I’m grateful for meditation and to be in bed to try one now. Namastae

God bless us all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. Don’t forget to smile and breathe, it feels good and looks great on you. Ya you!!

14 Likes

Grateful to have a great partner, good job, nice apartment and new life in Cornwall

Grateful to have come through covid ok and to be able to make a difference in the work I do

Grateful to have a day off as off to see barbie the movie

12 Likes

Day 19 ( I missed yesterday :sob:, but I’m still sober :muscle:)

Today I am grateful for…

My long walks.
Really good food. It feels good to put healthy things in my body for a change.
My friend in Washington and our text conversations.
My mom getting the caregiving job!
My boyfriend for his spontaneity, and for buying me lunch.
Movies.
Laughter and smiles. I’ve gone months before without much of those two, so I’m so happy to experience these moments.
The gorgeous weather.
Doggos.
My mom, dad, and brother.
Delicious, clean water.
My comfy bed.
Sleep.
Clean clothes.
My second sober fam her on TS. You guys rock! :metal::rock:

14 Likes

Thank you @williambloke and @dazercat – I had to look up cats making biscuits and grateful that I did – how adorable
@sissychris39 Oh Sheena this was lovely to read – grateful that you have such a lovely open relationship with your mom
@i.cant.we.can awe – thanks. It is cool to know so many people here on TS that our daily lives are filled with reminders of our friends here. Grateful to see you pop in on the thread – I know you’ve been busy with work and life – lovely to see that you are still doing so well. Have a wonderful time making new memories

Guess what - It’s Friday! Wishing all my sober friends a very happy FRIDAY
I am so grateful for waking up naturally and wanting to make the most of this day - grateful for the air in my lungs and for my heart pumping in my chest. grateful to be alive yet another day - grateful for the chance to make this day count.
I am so grateful that i again am at the fuck this shit attitude and will do my best to not focus on pain / symptoms etc. Grateful to be working my mind muscles and making them stronger. Mind over matter - right?
I am so grateful for a cloudy overcast day - what a lovely gift the storms left behind
I am so grateful for showers - lovely refreshing showers - grateful for the bristly shower brushes that deeply exfoliate the tissue
I am so grateful for my family. I feel so very blessed to have such love and support. I am realizing that so many do not and i’ve taken this for granted for so long. Grateful that i am not taking anything for granted any more and counting all my blessings
I am so grateful that its 9 am and i’m finishing my 2nd cup of coffee - hell it’s Friday - i may even have a 3rd… :thinking:
I am so grateful for yummy food - was really looking forward to watermelon this morning but my brother beat me to it (only had a little bit left) - grateful for living so close to the grocery store - will make a quick run to get me my watermelon fix :wink:
I am so grateful for my daily practices that keep me grounded but also help me stay positive - grateful for meditation and prayer for laughter and love - They all piece together for the perfect spiritual support system.
I am so grateful for my Higher Power - grateful that i feel looked after and secure in this world.
I am so grateful for Talking Sober - love how much i gain daily from this site and love my connections here. Grateful for all of YOU.
Have a kick ass day everyone - sending much love :heart: :heart:

EDIT
LOL - I am so grateful for my 7 months of sobriety - funny how it wasn’t # 1 on my list…

13 Likes

Grateful I can go on holidays with my son and his mother
Grateful I have a roof above my head
Grateful for meetings
Grateful my employer replaces my leasecar with a smaller one and not takes it away fully
Grateful I’m still alive

12 Likes

Jazz what are your daily practices? I’m really really struggling :sleepy: I hurt and feel so uncomfortable.

5 Likes

I’m grateful I haven’t had a panic attack during this sobriety journey. I think they were caused before by binge drinking and messing up my nervous system.
I’m grateful to hear my daughter still laugh in her sleep, she’s 12
I’m grateful my body has endured all of the stress I’ve put on it and still performs.
I’m grateful I can be my authentic self on this app because I’ve put on a performance for far too long.

11 Likes

I am so sorry that you are struggling my friend.

I have found that making a list of at least 10 things to be grateful for and actually visualizing and feeling the gratitude’s as i write them out (if that makes sense) has really helped

I do try to focus on my HP at every turn and give thanks even when i feel like shit - for being given this time on earth for being the awesome beings that we are for getting a chance to experience it all.

I do pray / meditate (everyone has their own way of doing so ) - i just repeat a mantra (for me it’s the name i’ve given my higher power - i do this in unison with deep breathing - taking in loads of healthy oxygen in and exhaling all the dirty carbon dioxide) – this helps center me and connects me to me and to my HP (the energy of life around us).

A lovely meditation thread Meditation for Serenity 2023! (tips, tricks & discussion/ 2 years running woot!) - check this out to see if you find something that would work for you.

you are not alone my friend - the first thing is to know we can’t do this alone - second is to love and care for yourself (after all the time of neglect - no room for self hatred.

I do hope that this has helped you in some way. I do hope that you are able to kick back and enjoy the Ozark with your daughter. :people_hugging: :heart:

10 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful for another day sober.
I’m grateful I get free physical therapy as a job benefit. Grateful the clinic is 5 minutes away.
I’m grateful my headache isn’t quite as bad today.
I’m grateful I can stay safe indoors during our regular bad storms. Summer means constant afternoon thunderstorms.
I’m grateful for this community and your support.
Baby steps
OFDAAT

11 Likes