Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Grateful for my coworkers, they are pretty much all awesome and I’m getting to know them a bit better.
Grateful for my dog and just being a total weirdo around him.
Grateful that my partners oral surgery went fine and grateful I have the ability to be there to help him recover.

15 Likes

I am grateful I have no appointments and that it’s okay to go back to bed for some more zzz. I had a short night, so after this morning’s dog walk I crawled back into my web :spider:

I am grateful I was sober yesterday, I had a friend for diner who was a bit know-it-all about a place she’s never been (but I have). Had I been drinking I would have gotten argumentative, but now I just let her be. I was still a bit annoyed, but I am grateful I can handle those kind of situations more gracefully.

I am grateful for getting better at setting boundaries in favour of my (mental) health. I planned to help my parents with cleaning and organizing this weekend, but I need some me-time to recover from a busy week. I’ll join them Monday and Tuesday to their hospital and notary appointments.
I am grateful I can combine work, my own things and family time. I feel like I found a good balance.

I probably won’t go to Thailand in March, but that’s okay. The idea of everything that’s going on at home and in my head and going away for a whole month makes me a bit nervous. I’m grateful I’m learning to listen to my body.

Yesterday we watched the new Color Purple movie and they called alcohol ‘giggle water’, I never heard of that one before. I am grateful I don’t need a poisonous liquid to have a good time. My son called me an alcohol and cigarette hater lol.

I am grateful for feeling so damn good, it’s a difference like night and day. I was depressed and anxious, I hated who/what I became and felt stuck. I’m grateful to be back on the road to recovery.
I have to say that losing 15 kg also played a part in feeling better in my skin. Not liking what I saw in the mirror casted a shadow on my whole day and made me hide and drink. I am grateful I take better care of myself.

16 Likes

Grateful I woke up to all the possibilities of this day,of my life in sobriety. Grateful for the two amazing posts I just read. Grateful I got a little nudge from a sober buddy. Grateful to be allowed to be grateful. I am grateful to find refuge in the 3 jewls of Buddhism. Namaste :pray: God guru and Self are One

@JazzyS

19 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

Our safe arrival into costa rica
Walking up on a fire dancer show last night
Waking to takein my first costa rican sunrise, granted my hotel is west facing but i saw some pretty colors
Ocean sounds and breeze
My ability to see color
My sobriety
The amazing coffee here
Love

17 Likes

@Naomi new color purple movie? I didn’t know they were remaking it. One of my absolute favorite movies. Thanks for the heads up. I’m sorry your trip is cancelled… hopefully just delayed and you can go when things calm down. So grateful that you can be there for your parents. Big hugs to you - take care of you also :people_hugging:
@Soberbilly so lovely to see you in the Gratitude thread sober buddy :wink:.

Friday morning gratitude’s with you beautiful souls
I am so grateful for a cozy warm bed to lie in. Grateful that I am up and alert. Still no good sleep but enough to get me moving.
I am so grateful for coffee. I’m sure it will help soothe me and give me the comfort I desire.
I am so grateful for my new sleep aid mouth guard. It is awkward but I am no longer cracking my jaw every time I open my mouth. I can feel a little release of pressure on my jaw line. Seriously impressive. Grateful for my splint that helps me reposition my jaw in the mornings.
I am so grateful for my back scratcher. It’s such a helpful tool to have - otherwise I’m doing the ants in the pants dance against the wall.
I am so grateful that I’m going to have some momma time with my coffee this morning :sun_with_face:
I am so grateful that @cjp is on vacation and is going to have a wonderful time in Costa Rica :heart: grateful she is able to wake to such beautiful sunrises
I am so grateful that a friend adviced me to do more research on my upcoming operation. So amazing how far medical technology has come. Grateful that on Monday I’ll be able to sit with my surgeon and review my options and concerns.
I am so grateful that I have my head MRI scheduled for Tuesday. Grateful that I will hopefully get some answers.
I am so grateful that I did order a lovely vegan pizza yesterday. Grateful that I didn’t get mad when I came home to find bread and sauce. I had asked for extra sauce, no cheese veggie pizza…well- they forgot the veggies. We laughed about the mistake and they were able to remake it.
I am so grateful for my family. Greatful for their support. Grateful that I have my mom to spend time with.
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful for mindfulness and easy breathing. Grateful that I am managing my heart rate and stress levels on my watch.
I am so grateful that I am able to move, breathe and am living a beautiful life. Grateful for the peace and love in my heart. Grateful that I am free of my addictions and working on healing myself thoroughly and properly.
I am so grateful for all of you beautiful souls. Grateful to be a part of this amazing supportive community.

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you all so much love :heart::heart:

16 Likes

I am grateful for buttery popcorn.

I am grateful for hazelnut creamer in my coffee.

I am grateful for lifted and positive spirits.

I am grateful for motivation and new goals.

I am grateful for today.

I am grateful for the adorable show Young Sheldon on Netflix I’ve been binge watching.

I am grateful for day 33 AF.

I am grateful for new friends.

17 Likes

Today I’m grateful for the cheeky lay in I had. Grateful Suki had another good night. Grateful for coffee, my lash extensions and Amazon. Super grateful for another day sober and my new book, Thoughts and Feelings by Daniel Chidiac. Serenity and love to you all :rose::v:

17 Likes

I’m grateful I ended the night with Alice on my lap in my chair purring.
I’m grateful I’m starting my day with Alice on my lap in my chair purring. Grateful it’s with my coffee of course.
I’m grateful when one cat closes another cat opens :blush:
I’m grateful Mavy was all stretched out on my lap after Alice left and I was paralyzed. Couldn’t move. Just had to sit there listening to him purring and breathing and being warm on me for a as long as it took. I’m grateful it took a long time.
I’m grateful wifey got up finally so Mavy got up and I could get up and TMI :upside_down_face:

I’m grateful I tried a new AA meeting last night. I’m grateful I got out of my comfort zone. I’m grateful I didn’t feel like I fit in but I was welcomed. Very welcomed by a couple of gents. I’m grateful an alanonic lady acquaintance remembered me because of my big feet :laughing:
I grateful I got the nugget I needed on the step 2 readings and one share in particular. I’m grateful I shared in front of 30 strangers minus 2. I’m grateful I shared about relating to a share and to the book about “Judging Judgmental People.” :scream: I’m grateful I got hit with a ton of bricks. What does this do for me :thinking: I’m judging judgmental people all the time. I’m grateful I know me judging other people robs me of my serenity. Fact!

I’m grateful even though I thought I conquered step 2 and I’m working very hard on step 4 I’m grateful to learn more about what’s blocking my step 2 and preventing me from totally freeing my mind.

I’m grateful for the desert rain. I’m grateful the window didn’t leak. Much. I’m grateful if I don’t see it maybe it will go away. I’m grateful it bothers me to not want to get it fixed but we are selling this house and I’m just going to disclose it and let the future buyers deal with it. I’m grateful our great view and one story layout and location will probably sell this house whether it leaks or not. I’m grateful I’ll be honest about it. I’m grateful I’m a pretty honest guy.

I’m grateful this lady fist bumped me after my Al-Anon meeting about my share. We’ve never talked before but we’ve seen each other often.

I’m grateful another AlAnon friend starting vacation in the Caribbean texted me to tell me she knows I’m struggling……. yada yada yada. …:people_hugging:……how grateful is that :face_holding_back_tears: I’m grateful that’s actually the first thing before coffee I saw on my phone early this morning after I came back in with Benson. I’m grateful for that kind of love.

I’m grateful surrounding myself with recovery is paying off rather quickly. And I’ve only just begun.

I’m grateful my gratitude list is probably too long again :crazy_face: and extremely grateful for all who read it here and genuinely care about me.
A great big heart :heart: welcoming :heart:

Thank You :heart:

:pray:t2::heart:

I’m grateful I’m stealing this quote from Insight Timer this morning.

18 Likes

I’m tired and somewhat mentally exhausted :yawning_face:. I’ll keep it short.
I’m grateful for the wonderful helping people here.
I’m grateful for sunshine and a walk.
I’m grateful for helping friends and family.
I’m grateful I have the opportunity to take a Bath now.
I’m grateful I know I’m not going crazy, it’s just hormones.

18 Likes

Today I am grateful that my car got its annual service without any faults detected. I am grateful for the amazing blood red sky I saw this morning driving my car to the shop. I am grateful I got out of bed earlier than usual, otherwise I would have missed that sky!

I am grateful I could stay the day at home and actively work on my recovery. I am grateful for quit-lit audiobooks included in my Spotify. I am grateful I got that Spotify subscription as a present. I am grateful for Spotify - fullstop :blush:

I am grateful for music that engulfs me with emotion and lets me dance around the house. I am grateful for my (mostly) healthy meals today. I am grateful for my time alone today, for solitude not loneliness. I am grateful to end this day sober, relaxed and in a calm mood.

Right now I am grateful for my bed, heated blanket, scented candle, herbal sleepy tea and lavender pillow mist.

I am grateful I started using this thread and was made welcome :pray: :hugs:
:squid:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for messages and photos from my daughter on her travels. I’m saving up to go and see her, soooo looking forwards to it.
Grateful for a clean kitchen when I came home from work and grateful that my daughter had been shopping.
Grateful to be in bed :sparkling_heart:

18 Likes

I’m grateful for the voice in the back of the head that keeps whispering “don’t drink” even though my body wants to.

I’m grateful for this community and their support and kind words.

I’m grateful that even though I want to get a drink I’m laying on the couch watching Equallzer 3 and going to an AA meeting later.

20 Likes

Much power to you! We can’t stop the cravings but how we choose to deal with them is amazing. Day 3 is wonderful – keep it going strong :muscle:

9 Likes

I Am :100: Grateful For All of You Guys! I don’t even look at Facebook i just jump straight to Sober talk!! :100::heart:

13 Likes

Crikey. Too long, G-dudes!

I’m grateful I’m here, catching up on this thread on a Friday night instead of uncorking a bottle of misery and regret.

I’m grateful for all the tools I had to navigate the last few weeks. Stressful things with Mom’s health two weeks ago (@Naomi, yep, dementia’s a tough one :pensive:). Then a scare with the dog girl’s health last week - about 4hrs of sleep each night. On-again-off-again work travel snafus. And knowing that wine would help with none of it.

I’m grateful this week was just trying to get things back to normal again - caught up on work and sleep. Grateful for colleagues that make me chuckle.

I’m grateful for this thread and all the words that resonate. Yes, we are like longtime family, it feels like sometimes! I’m grateful I feel softer too. Grateful to be able to extend more grace toward others and myself. Also for boundaries. To know that these are love.

I’m grateful it’s the weekend. For fun new projects around my wee home. For interesting work. That I won’t have a hangover.
That just never gets old…

I’m grateful for all of you.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful that at day 35 I am seeking no more and really haven’t this time.
I am grateful that the accident I had took away some “positive” choices about my negative world.
I am grateful for the sun in my forest. It’s pretty rare in most living areas near me.
I am grateful for my online group, which kindly gave me a 3-month scholarship due to my accident. I have been there for awhile. I am not sure if that had much to do with it.
I am grateful for the major strategy about getting rid of gnats in this forest house. Certainly, I am grateful that a messy kitchen is NOT allowed without a happy gnat party.
I am grateful for my body to really want food, whether I can smell it or taste it. That’s pretty new-ish.
I am grateful that overall I am getting a good night sleep, even without melatonin. I think it might be the heavy turmeric I ingest. Maybe. Might be. I really do love a good night’s sleep. It’s rarely been my thing, especially with some life challenges.

Grateful for all of you.

13 Likes

Got some serious catching up to do but that’s why I like the gratitude thread … it’s manageable.
Grateful for forcing myself up early these days . 530 Today and I went up to Starbucks and road my skateboard. Currently hanging out.
Grateful for my sobriety… already getting close to 2 months. I gotta check it might be exactly 2 months…
Grateful for family and friends who give it to me real when I need it .
Grateful for the basics… shelter, food , water
Grateful for music especially Kendrick Lamar, j cole , Tame Impala, Mac DeMarco. These artists speak to me . Certain music brings tears to my eyes and I’m grateful.
I’m grateful for prayer and meditation. This has been huge this time in my recovery.
I’m grateful for this community.
I’m grateful for Mother Nature

11 Likes

Gratitude is the air of recovery and I’m glad to breathe it every day!

I’m grateful that it is Saturday morning and I get to think and write on gratitude while having my coffee in my cozy house.

I’m grateful to be sober and at more peace than I’ve felt so many times in my life.

I’m grateful to be in a safe and loving home and have the resources to care for myself and my family.

I’m grateful to be healthy. Except for this damn swimmer’s ear infection that has been bothering me for too long since it was incorrectly diagnosed and incorrectly treated. It’s on the mend now, whew!

I’m grateful to have work that is meaningful and challenging and rewarding to me. My new classes started this week and I’m engaged in teaching new material to students. I like this challenge and it is keeping me motivated.

I’m grateful that if things continue in the current pattern, I should be able to retire from teaching in 2027. I won’t be rich, as teachers usually are not, but I should be safely comfortable. Let’s hope that plan can happen.

I’m grateful to be sharing some time today with my husband’s family for a small get together to honor their mother.

I’m grateful that I get to be a part of the grieving and healing process. And even though addiction has done a lot of damage in that family, my husband and his sister are strong in their sobriety and we can help each other with this journey.

I’m grateful that my husband and our siblings on both sides of the family are in this sober journey. The two families have different traumas that played out in the background and brought us all to a state of being out of control. But we also have climbed out and together we practice steps each day to be safe and sober and recover ourselves. I am grateful to be in that project and share with them.

I’m grateful to have taken some steps of communication with my mother over a situation that was frustrating me. Each time I am able to address an issue with her, I feel better. At 59 years old, I really don’t want to feel like a frustrated child with her. We are both working on that.

I’m grateful to have an amazing library book that is a week overdue and that today I really must finish reading it. That is next for me to do today.

I wish you all peace. :peace_symbol:

11 Likes

I’m just catching up on the gratitude thread but I hope you have a awesome time in Costa Rica. You seriously deserve it. Your dedication to your recovery is really cool and when you list your gratitudes I always notice a similarly and it’s that you put your recovery first and now your chilling somewhere cool on a cool vacation. Anyway have fun!!!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5 (Part 9).