Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Hi, friends! Wanna express gratitude today for…
The Indian grocery store, went there yesterday, the owners are wonderful! So fun to be immersed in a different cultural experience. In addition to I Dian food, They carry essential ingredients for Japanese , Chinese, middle eastern, southeast Asian, as well! Ended up buying a crazy number of ingredients, looking forward to using all of them! Including the vegan coconut milk kefir! And they even had Bonita flakes so now I can make dashi for Ramen and miso soups. I’m in heaven!

The orthopedist I saw yesterday. Got reassurance to keep active, tips on what to add to workouts, he was very helpful!

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Late start today so i’ll get right to it.

Im greatful for…

My sobriety. Even through my sickness and craving comfort of vaping i have not picked up.
@JazzyS @Soberbilly awesome cheerleaders
Got a good deal on a gym membership! Like a class is $4!
Savings
Hubbys comfort
Boscoe cuddles
Meds mgmt
Healthy lifestyle choices
Love

18 Likes

I am grateful knowing I have an AA MEETING this morning.

I am grateful Honey coming home for the weekend (I pray to God harmony fills the time)

I am grateful to 67 days no alcohol.

Have a super sober day!

13 Likes

I love this quote and hanging on to it for today.
Thank you!

9 Likes

Good morning family. :sparkles:

You are a part of my choosen family because I love you and I feel safe here. I am grateful for that.

I am grateful for words, all different types of words. Powerful words that can stand alone and make a big statement. Words that are commonly clumped together in familiar phrases. I am grateful for words that get written down on scrap papper in the middle of the night which develop into beautiful song lyrics. I am grateful for the words that tumble out onto a keyboard when emotions are raw and blossom into the most heart twisting poetry. I am grateful for the gift of speaking them and for the ability to read and write. I am grateful that its words that land with me, that stick in my head. I am grateful for Dr’s
who use visual explainations and write simple things such as happy≠safe .

I am grateful that my body and mind take care of each other, or at least they try. I am grateful for the awareness that I am disossociating way more than I thought I was.

I am grateful for my soul and that she is usually the one making the moves these days. I am grateful that I kind of remembered stashing the amphetamines my kiddo isnt taking. It felt like I had dreamt it, I am grateful that I checked anyways. I am grateful that when I handed the two bottles of pills over to my therapist she didnt make a big deal of it, she didnt ask any questions, she just said “Good idea.” I am grateful that my soul is very happy right now and I am also grateful that I am very aware that just because I feel happy it doesnt mean I am safe.

:heart: :sparkles:

15 Likes

Today I’m grateful to see coffemugs here - like them :blush:
I’m grateful to read about lots of life being fine, signing closing docs, helpful spouses, yummi food …

Today I’m grateful for another good day. I’m grateful for a foggy, chill morning and beautiful warm sunshine now in the evening. This is my heart & soul weather, I’m enjoying it so much. I’m grateful for the tea varieties in the cupboard, so much to choose from. I’m grateful for cat love.

I’m grateful I mounted pictures today, the living room looks nice. I’m grateful for leftovers and a nap after lunch. The autmn energy is relaxing me, giving me peace and makes me clearheaded :pray:
I’m grateful the plumber came over to drop an ordered item and to discuss some renovation needed at a flat I own and want to rent out again. One step after another. I’m grateful it’s time to tackle this part of my life. I’m grateful I live at my pace. I’m grateful life feels manageable these days. I’m grateful I trust the process. One day at a time :pray:

13 Likes

@dazercat Grateful that the closing of this house went so smoothly.
@lisa07 such a beautiful gift and to be able to keep with you always. I love how it happened to fall on your soberversary – The universe knew what SHE was doing. :wink:
@pattycake ah man that sounds like a one stop shop in heaven – grateful that you have such a store in your area – looking forward to hearing about what you create :yum: Hope you did get a samosa while you were there.
@Runningfree @Soberbillylove the Meh Mugs! Drink up my silly sober friends.

Grateful for this post and I feel a lot of untangling going on. Grateful that you do feel happy – I do hope you find that “safe” feeling soon as well. :hugs:

A lovely day to be alive and grateful – Happy Thursday you beautiful sober souls :people_hugging:
I am so grateful that today marks 9 months of sobriety for me. I am so grateful that I felt comfortable enough on this forum to open up my own thread to celebrate this date (not sure why 9 seems to huge but it just feel like a lot).
I am so grateful that my 9 month gift that I ordered (thank you so much Stella – you are so talented) arrived last night (talk about timing). It is gorgeous and I am looking forward to wearing my new necklace and showing if off.
I am so grateful for figuring out my ringtone downloads and setting the Halloween Theme as my ringtone. I’ve already scared myself twice today – completely worth it!
I am grateful that my brother brought me 10 horror movies to watch from the library (grateful that with horror movies I can watch them sped up and it doesn’t mess up the quality as most are so damn slow).
I am so grateful that i found a delicious Espresso flavored dark chocolate. Good lord this is heavenly. I have a small square in the evening and it is so mouth watering good. I do hope that this does not disappear on me (hate when that happens).
I am so grateful that my mom called and said she was sitting down for coffee and i should join her - we had a lovely morning together. I am so grateful that i did go to see her last night. When i feel like utter shit i try not to look in the mirror - she was able to see the rash on my face / back and head…so i was not imagining it. Grateful for her to give me things to help me cool my insides and calm down the burning sensations. She is a gem. I had to give her a big hug as i did get cross with her the day before. I was not doing well and she was asking too many questions (all about my health and diet and for my well being) but still - it was too much! I apologized to her and she actually understood where i was coming from. I LOVE MY MOMMY and forever grateful for her and the rest of my family.
I am so grateful that i did not get sleep last night - spent a lot of time watching comedy and laughing out the negativity. Grateful that the coffee is keeping me upright now. May try to do a baking soda / salt bath later - it is supposed to help with inflammation (:crossed_fingers: )
I am so grateful that i have self care routines now and try to focus on them daily - i have started to work on me and also learning to take a breather (its ok to take a rest and its ok to not be ok – thank you CJ)
I am so grateful for my HP - grateful that i know i have to put in extra effort to connect on days when i feel like shit - grateful that He will always be there for me.
I am so grateful for this loving community and all the support i receive from each of you! :pray:
I do hope you all have a wonderful addiction free day. Sending you so much love :heart: :heart:

16 Likes

Happy 9 months sweet friend :heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face: Such a beautiful necklace! I hope you have a lovely thursday

13 Likes

Thank you Jennifer :hugs:
I am in love with the necklace-- been trying to figure out a outfit now :wink:.
Stella does amazing work and has a great eye.

10 Likes

I’m grateful for today.
I’m grateful for the many butterflies in my garden.
I’m grateful for feeling a little stronger mentally, day by day.
I’m grateful I know I will have bad days and just ‘meh’ days in the future but that I’m working on ways to make these days a little easier.
I’m grateful for how excited my dog is before every walk.
I’m grateful it’s my husband’s birthday tomorrow and I could get him comedy tickets and tasty treats I know he will enjoy.
Grateful for all the gratitudes.
FAFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for a non routine day.
I’m grateful for my reprieve from my wife’s drinking.
I’m grateful my wife is taking care of her health and seeing doctors and bloodwork etc……. I’m grateful things aren’t bad in that department.
I’m grateful for day 2 of the 7 Mantras To Unblock Your Chakras.
I’m grateful for my Al-Anon meetings.
I’m grateful for cool morning walks and not having to use an alarm to get me up before it’s roasting outside.
I’m grateful for afternoon cats on deck, dog, pool, and meditation time.
I’m grateful for the love and compassion at meetings.
I’m grateful my wife found out her cholesterol is high, of course it is. And she can join me in trying to eat healthier.
I’m grateful she’s joining me in not drinking today.
I’m grateful she told me she feels so much better not drinking. But not to throw that in her face if she decides to drink again. I’m grateful she can tell me that she just cannot accept the fact she will never drink again. I’m grateful I can emphasize and support her and listen to her.
I’m grateful for TS and all you lovely people here on our home thread.
I’m grateful for my gratitude practice.
:pray:t2::heart:

“There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.”
Ralph H. Blum*

16 Likes

I’m grateful to God for guiding me while helping me abstain from my addictions. I’m grateful for ALL my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. I’m grateful I got asked to be a sponsor tonight and that I said yes after you focus on completing treatment. I’m grateful we shook hands on it. I’m grateful I got to visit with my Ex turned friend Deb for a couple hours before she moves out to Nova Scotia this Monday. I’m grateful I feel sad and will miss her. I’m grateful the smell of either cooking or smoking lots of drugs that was in my building is fading. I’m grateful that @Lisa07 is here with us on our home thread now and that she has always been here for me, congratulations on the four year milestone, keep moving forward. I’m grateful @JazzyS is baking for the grocery store, starting a thread, connecting with us, her family and higher power, doing yoga, physical therapy and wish you all the best moving forward odaat, nine months is fantastic and you’re right, it’s a big deal. I’m grateful for music, laughter and humor. I’m grateful for the twelve steps and traditions. I’m grateful I went to a meeting, talked with one of my biggest supports then ate, now posting here instead of going to bed sad about my friend, angry about the smell and hungry. I’m grateful for H.A.L.T. I’m grateful for prayer, meditation, the twelve steps and traditions. I’m grateful for the gratitude mug I had that I knocked off the counter and broke the other morning, I’m grateful I kept it and plan to fix to display but no longer use, I’m grateful it holds great value to me as does the person who got it for me, ya you.

May our higher powers give us the courage to change.

p.s. If you are not working on your recovery then you are working on a relapse. So work it, you’re worth it. Ya you!!

16 Likes

Thank you Brian - appreciate you and always great to see your Gratitude’s

6 Likes

One lousy day I don’t do my routine and I miss a chance for a 9 month celebration :scream:
I’m grateful I saw Brian’s post or I wouldn’t have known.
Congratulations on your 9 months of sobriety Jazzy.
IMG_6268
I’m so happy you’re on our team.
:pray:t2::heart:
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:
Edit. Actually grateful I saw your post thanking Brian :pray:t2:

13 Likes

LOL - Absolutely ok-- i am so grateful for you my friend!

I know you were with me celebrating this day but i’m happier that you were physically having a wonderful non routine day! Enjoying all that life has to offer and taking in some sober days with your wife :heart:

DUDE-- i love the neon dancing skeletons!

9 Likes

Haha! Thank you for the before bed laugh I sure did need it. I am glad your necklace arrived perfectly timed… divine timing they say.

Congrats on your nine months my friend, I am very happy for you. :heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you, Brian. I’m glad I finally chimed in on this thread after reading it every day for the past year or 2. You all gave me hope during some dark days when I couldn’t find gratitude within myself.
I’ll always be here for you friend, you’re stuck with me. :joy:

12 Likes

Early early morning gratitude

Greatful for…

My sobriety
Hubbys sobriety
Boscoe cute fuzziness
A good difficult convo with the hubby last night
Connecting with my emotional support hubby :slight_smile: thats what ive been calling him this week
Friday payday!
Designated morning boscoe cuddle time
My mind seems less crazy…cautiously optimistic
My soul feels enriched after my ladies aa meeting last night
Signs im on the right path
Therapy appt tomorrow
This fantastic community. All of you.

Much love

15 Likes

I am grateful for this community.
I am grateful for meetings and the support of others on this journey of recovery.
I am grateful for God and letting him lead
I am grateful for not having the desire to drink or use substances.
I am grateful for the willingness to work on the next steps on my journey of recovery.
I am grateful for the 12 steps and traditions.
I am grateful for my family and friends and learning to become greatful.and love myself.

14 Likes

Good morning guys

I am grateful for my work schedule.
I am grateful to have the time to go back to bed because I didn’t sleep well and feel so tired.
I’m grateful I tried coffee to wake up cause it still tastes good :laughing:
I am grateful I can make another pot in a few hours.
I’m grateful for all of you :heart:

12 Likes