Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Grateful for @Dazercat and the wisdom and tools he has, has learned, and also shares for the good of all.
Grateful that the best friends know.

With you in thought. :pray::people_hugging::pray:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful you have a companion and Peace at home! @I.cant.We.can

6 Likes

Hey, someone told me thereā€™s a new Grati-cat on the thread! Is it soā€¦?

Iā€™m grateful to meet you, Peace! Itā€™s me - the dog girl.
Iā€™m grateful your human, @I.cant.We.can, found someone to take care of him! I can tell youā€™re just perfect for the job. They need us so, these humans.

Iā€™m grateful my person and I spend most of our time together. She works mostly from home. She calls it work. Mostly she stares at a flat thing like a tv and often talks to people on it. ā€œTheyā€™re not realā€ I try to tell her. ā€œThey have no smell.ā€ But you know humansā€¦

Iā€™m grateful sheā€™s getting help with her work habits. Iā€™m grateful she doesnā€™t bolt from her desk anymore to gun down a drink right before our pre-dinner walk. She really enjoys our walks now! She was kicking up leaves today. We cawed back at the crows. Waved to the honking geese.

Iā€™m grateful she stopped gunning down drinks altogether. Sipping, slurping. Whatever you wanna call it. (And she calls me a sloppy drinker with my water dishā€¦).
Those werenā€™t easy days.
These are so much better.

Now, Iā€™m not a young dog. Iā€™ll be 13 in the spring. I couldnā€™t chase you if I wanted to, Peace! I have no plans to check out any time soon, but still. We never know when our time is up. I do know this: she said sorry. Thanked me for sticking with her, and promised me she wonā€™t go back to the before times when itā€™s my time to go. So now we just enjoy our days and time to the fullest!

Present and sober with the one or ones you love. It doesnā€™t really get any better than that, Peace.
Wishing you and your person a good long life together.
(Oh, and treats. Abundant treats! Guilt is a tactic to be used. There are others. Stay tuned.)

Iā€™m grateful she has opposable thumbs and could type this for me. :paw_prints:

Weā€™re grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

21 Likes

Hello dog girl. Iā€™m grateful my human read me your ā€œtailā€ I already donā€™t like this phone of his, I need his love and attention, when I want it, like he has any other choice. Thank you for not chasing after me and arenā€™t our owners adorable now that they pay attention to life, including ours. My human left today to check in at work and go to some meeting all I did was sleep, he thinks hes sleeping tonight meow hah hah, Iā€™m barely 70 odaats and love these soft, smelly, chewy shoes of his that I already leave in the middle of the floor. Did you know if you swipe your paw on these screens they lose their place. He has been giving me pets and attention and lets me love him to ā€œPeaceā€™sā€ Purring seems to really keep him calm and happy. Grateful to meet a gratipet and thank you all for helping my human.

p.s. You are all purrrfect. Ya mew!!

16 Likes

Oh my god, @M-be-free49 @I.cant.We.can this is lovely!!! :orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart::orange_heart:
To read this in bed before getting up, with my old boy on my chest purring away made my heart melt :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Have a beautiful sober day/night dear gratitudes and gratipets :hugs::orange_heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for reading it still in bed @M-be-free49 @I.cant.We.can. You guys made my day :slight_smile:
Now, where is Luna, I must cuddle her šŸ©µ

11 Likes
  1. Grateful for the appointement i had for my son today. It went well and he is doing great.

2. Grateful for the day off we had together.

3. Grateful for being sober and staying it.

4. Grateful for my daughter who did her speech and is now on student council.

5. Grateful for the beautiful relationship i have with my boyfriend. I am really going through a tuff time and heā€™s always there

Thank you

18 Likes

Oh grateful morning! I am grateful for the all chuckles I had catching up on this thread @Dilettante @M-be-free49 @I.cant.We.can. Grateful you can find a little more patience with your loved one @Dazercat. I am certain the september experience was a valuable step towards sobriety, even though the demon might have taken over again for now. I am grateful your secret is out of the box and your friends are there for you to lean on. I am grateful for my upcoming vacations and the time out from daily life. Iā€™ve been feeling a little stuck so I am really looking forward to have some time to regroup and figure out, what to do next.
I am grateful I adressed some uneasy feelings with a friend and didnā€™t act on the feeling, that I immediately have to soften or undo what I said, so he would feel better. It felt good to stay in my own truth.
I am grateful its a public holiday today. I am grateful for friends time today and some play time with their kids.
Grateful for every share on here. It is always such a positive kickstart into the day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety, 520 daysā€¦surreal
Getting sober has taught me im capable of more than i give myself credit forā€¦just gotta fight thru the discomfort
Bucked routine,skipped the gym, and took Boscoe for a long walk
Quiet, calm
Modern comforts
Time with hubby
Making progress at work
A new day

15 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

When I struggle to find anything to be grateful for (like today), Iā€™m reminded to be grateful for the love of our pets.

And Iā€™m grateful Peace adopted @I.cant.We.can as his human. :smiley_cat:

OFDAAT

18 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m grateful to start my day with laughter too!

:joy:

Ya mew too, Peace!

Onward with the day. Later, Gratidudes :orange_heart:

@Dazercat Hugs to you, friend.
@Sasxoxo Onward! Well done on a speedy return.
@Pandita Enjoy your day! Iā€™m excited about your vacation. :relieved:

11 Likes

Today I am grateful that itā€™s pay day and I will be able to go looking for Halloween decor for my house after work. I love Halloween and canā€™t wait to get some new decorations. I am also grateful for remembering about a vision board I made with a 5 year plan and some other goals on it. For some reason I had forgotten all about it.

12 Likes

Iā€™m grateful, even though I woke up hating my wife this morning, I know itā€™s the addict inside her I hate.

Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m having a hard time shaking this feeling and went right to insight timer for a quickie about releasing anger. Or better yet feeling it. And trying to let it go. Iā€™m grateful in the middle of it, they told me to put one hand on my 7th chakra and my other hand on my third eye and I was like laughing to myself because I donā€™t know what the fuck they are and I couldnā€™t wait to tell wifey about it.

Iā€™m grateful to try and leave my struggles here with yā€™all.

Iā€™m grateful for TS Gratitude Tears because of all the love and support and genuine concern you all have for me. @Pandita your comments, the first thing I read this morning, brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for a nice cleansing way to start my day.

Iā€™m grateful I recognize my stinking thinking about later today. Tonight. Tomorrow. When we get home. And I quickly try to bring myself into the present. IT DOESNā€™T FUCKING MATTER WHAT HAPPENS later today, tonight, tomorrow, or when we get home.

Right now is what I have:
My Stumptown coffee.
You all. Ya :coffee: comes first :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Beautiful hotel room.
Beautiful wife.
Beautiful family Iā€™ll be moving to be near.
Beautiful friends from Austin.
My SIL and nieces showed up yesterday.
Our charitable foundation meeting today.
A great real estate agent who drove us around yesterday.
Yā€™all checking in on me.
My health.
My beautiful caring heart.
Sunshine on my face through the window warming me up.
Watching the sunrise from said window with my coffee.
My beautiful gratitude practice that has gotten me this far. Very far.

And PEACE our new Graticat. :thinking: you know whatā€™s better than a kitten? 2 kittens :smile_cat::joy_cat: I canā€™t wait to watch Peace grow with you.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m going to show my wife Peace. I didnā€™t want to show her yesterday because I was so angry. SPITE Or show her today because Iā€™m still mad. But Iā€™m only hurting myself. Peace is going to help heal us as well. What a beautiful HP you got now Brian.
Iā€™m grateful I get another day.
:pray:t2: :broken_heart: :heart_eyes_cat:

Happiness cannot be far behind a grateful heart and a peaceful mind
Melanie Honest/Glimmer

18 Likes

Today Iā€™m grateful for:

1. My job
  2. God
  3. Children
  4. Working out
  5. Morning coffee
12 Likes

@i.cant.we.can Awe -what a beautiful kitty and Peace is such a lovely name. :heart: Oh my goodness Peace ā€“ so lovely to hear your voice as well. Grateful that your human let you say your helloā€™s. You two are much needed for each other :hugs:
@m-be-free49 Oh my goodness Dog-girl so lovely to meet you and I know you are in good hands with your human too. Love your sense of humor and am grateful that you were able to stick with Emm during her hardships.

Yes ā€“ Yes you are able to do whatever you set your mind to!
@sasxoxo YEAH to getting Halloween dĆ©cor and ooh the fun it will be putting it up. So excited for you!!! 5 year plan ā€“ love it ā€“ my sister has a vision board that she keeps in her bathroom and swears by it ā€“ says it has really helped her focus on her goals.
@dazercat I am so grateful for the insight timer and all your other tools you have to help you when the feelings become too much. It is ok to feel angry and hurt but also know that this is her journey. Hope that she will find her way back to sobriety but you can only control your own actions. I too am grateful for your beautiful caring heart (it is massive and that is why you hurt so deeply). I am sorry for the hurt but grateful for all the love you share. :hugs: I do hope today is a beautiful day for you!!

Tuesday morning gratitudeā€™s!!!
OH MY ā€“ iā€™m grateful for another day on Earth. Grateful for the peace in my heart. Grateful that my chest is not hurting today and my throat is 100% healed from the EGD.
I am so grateful that i spoke with my doctor and she is also worried that the ovarian cyst is growing large fast and I should get the MRI so I will be scheduling this today. I did call for an appointment with a better OBGYN but that is a mid January appointment. Will get the MRI and see what happens.
I am so grateful that my renters left the place is fairly decent shape. The yard is a hot mess as they let everything just grow wild. Grateful that my aunt has a landscaper guy who is willing to check out the place Thursday and hopefully will be able to tame the beast.
I am so grateful for cooler days ahead so I can go when itā€™s not super hot to clean up the insides. Hoping to have it on the market by Monday.
I am so grateful that my sprinker vavle was not broken - the first tech was new and did not know that the zone needed more water to blow it out properly. Grateful that even though i waited 4 hours for the tech he was able to blow out all zones properly and not charge me for this visit.
I am so grateful that i have enough energy today to deal with our freezer that has decided to over frost. My goodness that was a lovely way to start the day.
I am so grateful that i will also have the energy to clean the house as my mom wants to bring my aunt and uncle (visiting from Iran) over tonight. The house cleaning is a breeze - just had a shitty moment on Friday morning as i was preparing for my procedures and i spilled coffee (lots of it) on the carpet. I was still out of it when i returned so the stain really set in. Have cleaned the carpet and somehow made it worse-- Hoping for some miracles today.
I am so grateful for my family support and unconditional love.
I am so grateful for how active this TS site has been - so many beautiful souls working on creating a better life for themselves. Love the support and love this community offers.

wishing everone a wonderful addiction free day! sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

My first thought reading this was ā€œI love these peopleā€

9 Likes

79 days sober. I am grateful for my husband telling me last night that it had been a good day. I need to hear that more often.

13 Likes

I am grateful for acronyms.

Why
Am
I
Talking.
:boom:

14 Likes

Lunchtime gratitude.

Iā€™m grateful I fell asleep again yesterday before even catching up on the thread. Seems I need lots of sleep atm. Iā€™m grateful I can take a nap today. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a full day at home today. Life has gotten busy again and Iā€™m not always comfortable with it.

Today I struggle with a necessary task. Iā€™m afraid to try and fail. Iā€™m not grateful for such homemade bullshit, itā€™s exhausting. I feel overwhelmed and insecure. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s ok to feel that way. Iā€™m grateful I work on these feelings, sadly nothing is helping up to now. I permanently fall asleep when I mediate (better: try to meditate). Iā€™m grateful Missi is purring on me. Iā€™m grateful I enjoyed a chill minute of sunrise on the balcony. Itā€™s disturbing that itā€™s dark outside when I get up. A week ago I woke up with sunrise at the same time. Iā€™m grateful I notice that I feel very uncomfortable with so many changes at once in my life. Iā€™m grateful I trust that I can handle all one day at a time :pray:

Iā€™m really struggling today with overthinking and the hamsterwheel in my head. Iā€™m questioning myself and my decisions. Iā€™m grateful this too shall pass :pray:

16 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful forā€¦

My sobriety
64 days free from all unhealthy addictions
Giving myself grace
Time with hubby and Boscoe
My folks
A new day
Improving mental health
Progress rather than perfection
Hope