Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

I have been kind of lazy yesterday and today, but one thing I don’t want to get lazy on is getting on here and reminding myself what I’m grateful for.
I’m grateful for the ability to have lazy days! I’m grateful that I was able to find some energy to get out in the front yard and clean up my Calla Lillies in the garden. We got hit with such heavy rains this year in Cali that it killed my garden. I was so tired of seeing all of the dead calla Lillie’s, so it was nice to get out there and trim them up and now to wait for all of the new ones to grow in!
I’m grateful to get back to work tomorrow and am really hoping to get my official offer to be able to see how much I’m finally gonna make and find out when my training will begin for my new position!
I’m grateful to be keeping up with the journal prompts this app provides because today it asked how much money I have spent on my addiction and it made me realize how much I have actually saved in the past 2 weeks. Of course that money went to childcare because my husband is not allowed home right now, but wow! So much money wasted these past several years. Hindsight I wished I had made better choices, but at least I’m here making them now!

9 Likes

Preaching to the choir. AMEN.

8 Likes

Grateful for life’s struggles!

9 Likes

Good morning gratidudes,

Im so very greatful and thankful for…

My recovery
@Soberbilly putting the idea of wise speech into my mind
Having a tough convo with hubby last night, tough but fair
Hubby
Boscoe
Got a run in last night
Sunshine
It wasnt too painful to wake up today
A job that pays the bills
Worktime to feel like i can accomplish something
AA
THE 12 STEPS
TS community

9 Likes

I’m grateful for a good hike down today and coming home to a very enthusiastic greeting from Mop. I’m grateful to sleep on my own tushuk tonight and be sitting at my table drinking a pot of tea and looking at all my plants. I’m grateful for my neighbor getting the sauna going for me so it was ready when I came home. I’m grateful to have a good friend who cares about me. I’m grateful for clean clothes and a quite night in. Am grateful for everyone who gave me book recommendations and have given me good advice on here. Am grateful that I have so many resources available online.

10 Likes

I’m grateful I can’t think of a better way to start my gratitude than picture this. I do love that name and that dog.

I’m grateful I’m sober and I get to work 2 recovery programs.
I’m grateful for the clusterfuck of a great day yesterday.
I’m grateful my movers are incredible!! I’m grateful they are amazing!
I’m grateful they labeled the shit out of my boxes with lots of details about what’s in each box.
I’m grateful they asked me to move one of the cars and I found a fluid leak on my garage floor.
I’m grateful the dealer squeezed me in and the repair is a big deal and could have been a safety hazard for anyone driving it to Cali.
I’m grateful the dealer can eventually fix it and ship it. I’m grateful it might not be the best decision and it’s going to cost more money but I made it and it’s out of my hands now.
I’m grateful after hanging out at the dealers for too long I got home and the movers had me all packed up. EVERTHING!
I’m grateful I can dry myself after a shower with a hand towel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: they even packed the towel I had draped over the tub for 1 last shower.
I’m grateful I didn’t have a heart attack when I saw this huge colorful lizard crawling down my hall. I’m grateful he went to the guest bedroom where there there is a door out to the courtyard. I’m grateful he stopped to hide behind the toilet so I could get dressed and find something to sweep him out of the house.
Post your most inspiring photos of nature #4 - #2678 by Dazercat
I’m grateful I didn’t know it was a venomous Gila Monster, who hissed at me like a large cat!!
I’m grateful I didn’t hurt him.
I’m sooooo grateful I’m at a hotel because I don’t think I could have slept in that house last night. Suppose he wasn’t alone :scream:
I’m grateful dealing with the cable company was a breeze even though the place was packed they got to me right away.
I’m grateful I got to finish my day with a nice massage.
I’m grateful the masseuse listened to me because I told her I will not be able to relax until I tell you about my day. I’m grateful she was appropriately shocked about my Gila monster in the house story. And I’m grateful she gave me the best massage ever.
I’m grateful I got one more day here as they load up the truck today.
I’m grateful I get to chair my last Tuesday night Al-Anon meeting :cry:
I’m grateful they are a special little home group and sometimes we go rogue and don’t follow the rules and it seems like+we are all ok with that. And it’s a wonderful thing too.
I’m grateful one of those rogue meetings save my life one night. It wasn’t Al-Anon approved topic, and I didn’t really approve of it either, but I was able to keep an open mind and I was able to use what I learned that night to possibly save my marriage last summer when things were extremely unmanageable.

I’m grateful I know I need to do the work in AA and Al-Anon, but when life is happening, and I’m too busy or whatever the excuse. I know all I have to do is show up and put my ass in a seat. That’s it. One fucking hour of any day. Just show up. If I don’t do anything else, just show up. I’m not advocating for this. But sometimes if that’s all you got. That’s all you got to do.

I’m grateful for y’all.
From today Courage to Change.
Today’s Reminder Whether or not I see immediate benefits, today I choose to keep coming back.

“Patience is the key to paradise.”
Turkish proverb

13 Likes

I’m grateful to be caught up on over 100 gratitude posts.
I’m grateful to read @Dazercat has made the move to Cali with the zoo safely :hugs:
I’m grateful I’m here and searching for gratitude, it has been difficult the last week or so.
I’m grateful I’m feeling better physically.
I’m grateful I finally have my first appointment at the long covid clinic booked in next month. Hopefully they might be able to support with this chronic fatigue :pray:
I’m grateful for a few days without hubby. We haven’t been seeing eye to eye recently and it has been making the homestead unusually tense.
I’m grateful I read @Dazercat 's reminder to use HALT. Sometimes saying nothing is the infinitely wiser choice.
I’m grateful for my sobriety, everything in life is easier this way.
I’m grateful, always, for TS and the community here.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

10 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
I am grateful I am getting better every day. Today was less pain, less nausea, less symptoms overall. Instead more energy, more focus, feeling much better.
I managed to move forward on my current game and came to a point where I have a first concept of how the game mechanics might work. Tomorrow I can start working on a first digital prototype. I am very grateful for this kind of work, for the energy and inspiration I had all day and the progress I made.
I am getting better at accepting that I am human, that I am the same kind of mess like everyone else, and that I really don‘t have to try so hard to be anything else. I am grateful for the peace and freedom being a mess is giving me.
The sun today was wonderful and so life affirming. I spend some time on the balcony, kept all the windows open and even managed to go down to the garden. I am very grateful I had the energy to move out of my flat today.
In the afternoon I did an easy yoga class. I am so very grateful I am well enough to start doing some easy peasy kind of exercise. I really am very bad at being ill.
I am grateful my ex‘s visit was not too upsetting. I kept my distance and did not get involved in his drama.
The day is done now. I‘ll chill with a story and some stretches before bed. I am grateful for my easy evening.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

8 Likes

Tuesday evening. Quick stop by for some gratitude.

I’m grateful I’m tired beyond words. It’s ok. It was a hell of a night, I was up at 3.40 a.m. fleeing a nightmare, stumbled, crashed the bedside lamp, had to remove the shards and vacuum. I’m grateful I just shook my head. I promise today I wear sunglasses in bed. Brilliant weird ideas on the FRO thread sometimes :sunglasses::+1::blush: I am deeply grateful for the outlet the FRO threads provides :pray:

I overate horribly yesterday, didn’t even notice in the evening, too tired, brain already shut down. OMG was I grateful for the relieve bathroom visits brought me. I’m grateful I caught an hour of sleep after showering.

I’m grateful I’m kind and gentle to myself and others, deliberately and even more when I’m exhausted and drained from a crappy night. I’m grateful the cats are ok with my needing quite time without cats on me.
I’m grateful I was on time for the early appointment. I’m grateful the next important thing is fixed at the flat and off the to do list :pray:
I’m grateful I went grocery shopping and came home with lovely vegetable and bread varieties. I’m grateful for delicious bread.
I’m grateful a visit to the garden center went completely off the shopping list :see_no_evil: It’s ok, my bank account will survive it and oh oh do I have plants to add to the gratitude wall … pictures will follow on the garden thread.

I’m grateful I stopped by at my late mum’s house. The garden is jungle, everythng else is ok :pray:
I’m grateful I stopped by at my townhouse, collected mail and fetched things I need at the farm. I’m grateful babysteps add up, you can see that the house gets more empty and rearranged. I’m grateful half of the stuff is food from the pantry that gets used up with time. I’m grateful for resizing, downsizing and rearranging stuff that is already there. It makes me feel in control of my life.

I’m grateful for a good talk with a friend while driving. Talking about the nightmare horror lightened its weight. We even laughed as this brainfuck-films should be nominated for the Razzies. Talking helps. I’m grateful I am not alone :pray: ODAAT

12 Likes

Damn thats a hell of a way to wake up – a nightmare and then having crashed into the lamp. So grateful for the FRO thread. Hope you have a peaceful restful no nightmare sleep tonight :hugs: :sleeping:

wearing sun glasses to bed — absolutely love it!

4 Likes

Grateful this old body is still holding up and even thriving putting in the hours at two physical jobs.
14 hours today, 13 yesterday and still 3 acreages to go this week with potentially another client coming on board.
Grateful my wife is still able to slam out the physical work right alongside of me.

Grateful for sobriety!

11 Likes

Grateful for another day above ground. Grateful for the decisions I am making and that’s a switch :smile: Grateful for the crew at the shop. Grateful that I finally get to eat dinner and relax for a bit. Grateful for this community that is filled with people who inspire me. Thanks all!

12 Likes

I’m grateful you are here and always give me a little chuckle.
Enjoy your vacation I hope to see pics on the travel thread or somewhere.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Hello all! 16 days and counting! :blush:
I’m grateful to have been able to talk to my dad for over 2 hours today! It was really crazy that I reached out to talk to him today because he had surgery this morning and I had no idea. We haven’t spoken in months, so I’m glad I was able to speak to him. I am concerned for him though because he had this hernia surgery this morning, but was drinking beer when I called him. I hope he doesn’t hurt himself!
I’m grateful to have FINALLY gotten my official offer for my promotion! I got a 40% raise and got wayyy more than I was anticipating! Definitely much needed considering what I have been going through these last almost 2 in a half weeks and everything changing so fast!
I’m grateful for such beautiful weather here in Monterey! I’m waiting for this sunburn I got on Saturday to heal up more before I get back out in the sun again for walks, I don’t want to irritate my skin more than I have already done so.
I’m grateful for all of you guys and all of the support and encouraging words! I love hopping on here when I can to see how everyone is doing day to day!!

10 Likes

Congratulations on your new official offer promotion and pay raise. They say good things happen when we don’t drink. But dang girl. Look at you go!! I’m so happy for you. And grateful to see you pop in.
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

I am grateful for two very different things happening at work this last week. The first was a reprimand that I deserved, I dropped the ball and that is not like me. I’ve been putting a lot of energy into my sobriety and my family, and I’ve been a bit absent ( mentally) on the job. The second thing I’m grateful for is that I got a nice raise because they do know that in general I’m a great employee worth retaining. I’m grateful that I’ve really been stressing about this reprimand, because it means that I care. I am grateful to move forward and try to be enough for myself, my work, my family, and my sobriety. ODAAT🫶🏻🫶🏻

11 Likes

I’m grateful to have recovered quickly from illness
I’m grateful for the loving care my partner gave me
I’m grateful I can kiss and cuddle my family again
I’m grateful for overcoming work challenges
I’m grateful for possibly returning to the gym tomorrow

9 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My recovery
Love
My husbands more present now hes sold his game station
Boscoe’s cuteness and his upcoming, much needed, haircut
Got a workout and a run in yesterday
A productive, sunshine day yesterday
Hope for a good day today
Hot coffee
My mom loves to babysit boscoe while mom and dad are at work
Hubby waking up to wash and lotion my new tattoo without me expecting it
Rain fueling our spring
A reliable car

10 Likes

Welcome to California! Now we’re neighbors! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I’m grateful that today was an easier day for me. I’m grateful to get caught up on chores and get my place cleaned up. I’m grateful for the sunny weather. I’m grateful that I could spend time with 2 good friends tonight and relax after a busy day just talking and laughing together. I’m grateful for music and dancing. I’m grateful for fresh salads and saffron rice. I’m grateful for my neighbor kid who gave me a knuckle bone to add to the collection…it was very sweet of him. I’m grateful for a comfy tushuk and for the new light in my toilet that my neighbor put in. I kept dropping flashlights in mine and I just would have this weird glow shining up for days after :rofl: so was surprised to come home to a light built in! I’m grateful lavender tea and a relaxing evening.

7 Likes