Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Happy birthday @SoberWalker :birthday::kissing_heart:
@Cjp I’m so glad you are enjoying your holiday, you havd been looking forward to it for a while, it sounds like such an adventure😘
I’m grateful for my hubby, who has helped bring some order to the house this weekend. The mess and piles of laundry is getting embarrassing, but I can’t do anything at the moment.
I’m grateful hubby accompanied me for a short dog walk. My first time out with the dog in over 2 weeks. I even managed to get a photo for the cloud thread. I’m grateful for the constantly changing artwork that is the sky :milky_way: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m grateful for my sobriety and for all the gratitudes on here to read.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

11 Likes

They are absolutely amazing ladies. Vert talanted & articulate.

6 Likes

OOOH i love em all and the signatures too :heart: :hugs:
some bad ass woman right there!

I have no doubt – grateful that you got to meet them! Love the signature “thanks for liking me (a little bit)” OMG – right a little bit – i frickin love ya! :rofl:

5 Likes

Omg she was so cool…cuz i hated Kelly Lou & told her that at first
i didnt even like her (kate box) we laughed so hard but she stole my heart. She is funny AF thats why so wrote thanks for liking me a little bit. I told her next i would bring a picture of her smiling. Her laughter is infectious. You cant NoT love her!!
Uploading: IMG_20240204_002541.jpg…

4 Likes

I am sooooo grateful for you sharing this experience with me. So grateful that i am about to start the show again. I do love these woman and yeah - the love / hate relationship with some characters was strong.

4 Likes

I always forget something to be grateful for.
I’m grateful to read about every kind of relationship that I’m reading here.
To be honest: I’m envious and happy at the same time.
I’m grateful to read about people going along with their partners, in shape & setting.
I’m envious because my exhusband up to date never sensed a problem, not in our relationship, not in his alcoholism.
I’m grateful that I can borrow gratitude from you all when I’m lost in this particular personal setting.
I’m grateful for all the partnership happiness, gratitude and difficulties that are shared. Maybe this post belongs to the loved ones thread too.Are you affected by a loved one who’s an addict? - #1479 by erntedank

Thank you all for sharing, there are days where it means the world to me to read that relationships are steady :pray:

13 Likes

Im watching again too. I have loved the show forever but they have never came anywhere near me. So they came to Nashville…Im like 3 hours away. I HAD TO GO! When would i ever get to meet 3 Aussies & Danielle from New Zealand. They were so so down to earth. I dont think American actors ever do stuff like this…are you in the states?

4 Likes

WHOA you are in Nashville?? Are you kidding me - for some reason i just assumed this was taking place in Australia! Damn - i am sorry for de-railing this thread… i am in Michigan and am in awe.

in an effort to not re-rail the thread
I am so very grateful that i finally got all the work i had planned for tomorrow done tonight so a little more productivity in the books :wink:

4 Likes

Well, i was just thinking how grateful i am to have experienced that event sober. I would not have had the opportunity is i was drinking! Can you PM i have been trying to learn how to do that to avoid derailing a topic.

3 Likes

I’m grateful I got caught up on this and the old thread! So much going on in all of our lives. I’m grateful we have this place, this thread. Grateful for the vroom vroom it puts in my soul tank.

I’m grateful I started unpacking some boxes of memorabilia. Mostly my folks’ stuff that I can’t keep forever and need to pare down, but I wanted to get a good chunk of sober time under me before tackling. Grateful for smiles and laughs-out-loud as went through things, a few tears too. Grateful for knowing when enough is enough for the day. Grateful to lurk on the declutter thread for inspiration.

I’m grateful for the Affected By A Loved One thread too. I’d be a frequent poster, methinks, if my ex-beloved and I were still a thing. Or maybe he’d be the sober one and posting like hell? Who knows. (No shortage of wine-glass-M photos in the boxes above :point_up_2: sigh) I’m grateful I can work on my codependent tendencies on my own, lol.

I’m grateful wine-glass-M is a thing of the past.
I’m grateful for a meeting tonight, a cup of tea. Word games. Bath salts that smell like the forest in spring. Books. Art. Music. Feelings.
Can’t have good music and art and books without a few shitty feelings to inspire them.
Grateful to feel those feelings.

I’m grateful for all of you.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

13 Likes

Thank you @Tragicfarinelli , @Chiron , @Michelle , @HolySquid , @Lisa07 , @Dazercat , @Cocojanie13 , @EarnIt , @erntedank , @JazzyS , @Dilettante , that’s sweet :heavy_heart_exclamation:

13 Likes

It’s a birthday party on the thread! :joy:
Happy belated to you. I’m grateful for your words and presence in this place. :pray::orange_heart:

10 Likes

A cat party! :grin: Love it, thank you very much! :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

I’m grateful to be able to learn every day
To be curious to find out new stuff and brave enough to try things I’ve never done.
I’m grateful to have a body that is working and still does all I please.
I’m grateful to have some “me” time in the morning with coffee and you all (loved all your birthdaywishes!)
And with only 15 celcius in the morning I’m grateful for my electric blanket :sweat_smile:

Have a good day all grateful people up here!
:heavy_heart_exclamation:

17 Likes

I am superduper tired but grateful for setting my alarm half an hour earlier to take my time to write my daily gratitude. Grateful for coffee and dog cuddles in the morning too.
Grateful for waking up with soft skin thanks to my evening skin routine. Grateful for yesterday me who took care of today me.

Grateful my son arrived safe and sound at his girlfriend’s. I am grateful his dad took him to the airport yesterday so they could have some quality time together. My boy is turning 23 this week and he never wants anything, so I’ll buy him ETF’s (stocks). I am grateful he likes to save his money instead of spending it all, I’m super proud of him for that.

I am grateful for my car. Got it cleaned yesterday, inside and out :bubbles:
I notice cleanness is a reoccurring theme in my last few posts. I used to be quite shabby when I drank: ain’t nobody got time for cleaning when hungover! I am grateful I have everything taken care of these days. My house, my car and good old me :bubbles:

I am tired and feeling not my best self (that’s an understatement, thanks PMS) but I’m grateful to know I’ll feel better in a few days. Riding this storm sober y’all, yeehaw! :racehorse:

18 Likes

Grateful for birdsong on my morning dog walk, so loud and tuneful, I think every bird in the neighbourhood was out.
Grateful for a mild morning, this weather is crazy, one cold, one mild, one cold, one mild.
Grateful for a short working day today and then a much needed haircut :sparkling_heart:

19 Likes

Grateful for today, my car, being able to do the school run, coffee, marine collagen, turmeric supplements. Super grateful for being sober and being present for my boys! Grateful at the way Rocky is looking at me right now, waiting to go out for a walk. Grateful I’m able to do that. As always grateful for this community and thread and the people here :rose::v:

19 Likes

Buenas dias soberinos,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety
A deep sleep albeit short
The abundant breakfast buffet
Caught the sunrise
Our room is right by the base of the volcano
The bird id app Merlin
Hot coffee
Adventure and my curiosity
Sunshine and a breeze.
These bright orange booty black birds just chillin with me for breakfast
We finish a long day of hiking in hot springs
All lifes blessings

22 Likes

Grateful to wake up sober again. Not doing well mentally lately and not sleeping well but at least I am going through it sober and clear headed.
Grateful to wake up next to my kid. Grateful it was a sunny day yesterday. Grateful my new temporary sponsor reached out to me yesterday to see how I was doing. I was honest about having a hard time and she sent me words of encouragement and support and is coming to a meeting with me tomorrow.
The only way out is through. :muscle:t2:

20 Likes

I’m so fricken grateful this morning it should be illegal :crazy_face:
I wanted to be grateful I’m following CJ and my universe is in order.
I’m grateful @Hopeful32 cut in and it’s a beautiful thing. I’m grateful being honest is also a beautiful thing. And I’m grateful each morning I wake up sober. And I’m going through it not drinking today and I’m clear headed. I’m glad you’re here @Hopeful32
It took me a long time to find hope on my journey. It would be so cool if you stuck around. :pray:t2::heart:

I’m grateful I did get a great nights sleep. I’m grateful wifey got a thingy for the bed to help us sleep. I sleep fine! Leave me alone! I’m grateful I didn’t have that attitude of change resistance yesterday and graciously helped her put it all together. And I’m grateful I slept great last night and feel great for a Monday morning.

I’m grateful I notice my hatred for change on almost any little thing. If it’s not broken don’t fix it. I’m grateful maybe you can improve it.

I’m grateful for Google. Learned 3 new things this morning. I’m grateful I probably won’t remember but that’s ok. I’m grateful the silica pack I saw open on the floor this morning is nothing to panic about. All pets seem fine this morning. Hence the Google gratitude.

I’m grateful I caught myself going right to the blame game this morning. 2 for blaming myself. 1 for blaming the wife. And 3 for THINGS JUST HAPPEN!!
I’m grateful I don’t have to blame.
I’m grateful I don’t have to judge.
I’m grateful life just happens.
I’m grateful I’m leaning blame and judgement rob me of my serenity. If this was a meme CONTROL would be busting through the door saying “hold my beer!” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I’m grateful trying to control things robs the fuck out of my serenity.
I’m grateful trying to “take care,” of people is exhausting and guess what?….Buh bye serenity :wave:
I’m grateful for recovery.
And ya I’m grateful this thread has completely blown up :boom: :boom::boom::boom::boom: Gangbusters.
I’m grateful this gratitude shit works and I’m back baby I’m back. Never really left. But I did miss a few days the past few months. And I’m grateful that’s ok. Because I’m grateful wherever I am.
:pray:t2::boom::heart:

Joy is the simplest
form of gratitude.

Karl Barth

21 Likes