Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

You can try this one 7 day BEGINNER friendly YOGA challenge

4 Likes

Good morning friends,
I’m grateful that I got to see my nephew graduate high school last night! I’m grateful I will get to watch my own son graduate high school on Wednesday! I’m grateful for new adventures. I’m grateful for an early but slow and relaxing start to Sunday. I’m slowly learning that everything will still get done, and I don’t have to rush around and be anxious about it. I’m grateful for all the gratitude I get to read every day. I’m grateful for love and forgiveness :heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful for the sunshine and blue sky. I’m grateful for having a long ride on the horse this afternoon trying to work out some stress. I’m grateful for forgiving and understanding people. I’m grateful for chickpea salad and ginger tea. I’m grateful that I am safe and cared about. I’m grateful for my dogs and that my friend is able to stay with me. I’m grateful that tomorrow I will hike up to the hot spring and have a good long soak. I’m grateful for music. I’m grateful to be healthy and fit. I’m grateful for the donkey that keeps following me around.

8 Likes

@JazzyS thank you :smiling_face: it was a hell of a journey and it starts all over again! That’s the thing about being a coach, when one season’s journey ends the next starts again and you begin plotting how to get back there and win the whole thing. Next year I’ll be celebrating over 800 days when we go back and win the title :muscle:t2: one day at a time we will get there.

6 Likes

Happy Sunday friends!
Today i am grateful for:

• the conversation i had with God this morning
  • the newly green leaves on the trees
  • getting myself ready for work this morning when all i wanted to do was stay home
  • God
  • my loving family
  • you all
10 Likes

i love this – always a reason to keep a clear mind and focus on the next season :hugs: :muscle:

4 Likes

Im greatful for…

My recovery
A new sponsor
My favorite lunch cooking
Get to see my oldest niece graduate today
Time with hubby
I get to be the big protector when Boscoe is scared of thunderstorms
A day of rest

14 Likes

Grateful for an insight that took the burden of shame away. Some situations and people are simply not acceptable. I’m not trapped anymore, I’m free. I can choose better now. Never again do I have to be a slave to alcohol and a punching bag. Grateful for 79 days of sobriety and the realizations I’m having today. I’m settling into this new way of life slowly. Grateful I can finally see that I deserve better.

11 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
It was a slow day today and I am grateful for that. After a week of activity and excitement I find it difficult and uncomfortable to wind down and spend a day or two doing mostly nothing. But I know this is what I need to recharge my batteries.
I am grateful for a good weekly review. I can close last week and look forward towards the next one with a new perspective.
I am grateful for a short walk through the gardens, a bit of yin yoga, my ex coming over with cake for our daughter, the chat we had, a nap on the balcony, reading, lots of anime. Just chillin.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

11 Likes

As I reflect on this day of struggle, I am truly grateful for…

1. The support of my wife. When we got into the car, I was in the driver seat. She knew how much I was struggling and asked me if I wanted to come on here for a bit. We switched spots and I got to connect with @JazzyS who’s words helped me get out of head.

2. God working in his own way. By the end of the drive home, I was telling my wife that I graduated. Let the next generation enjoy their fun, the showman has retired. I feel at peace now and no longer sad. I got to showcase my sober self in front of my family (even though they didn’t know, it’s different for them to see me behave).

3. My decision to be sober. Seeing all my aunts without their husbands and my cousins without their dads, I remembered I’ve seen the drinking story before and know how it ends.

A lesson I learned tonight was perspective will change feelings and sometimes I need to get out of my own head.

Thank you all!

12 Likes

Yesterday was my last day at the store that started my career with Target! I’m grateful for my store director who invested a lot of time into my growth with the company and had so much faith in me to do this job and to do the position I just got promoted into.
I’m grateful the significant pay increase! Definitely much needed considering where I am in life right now! I’m grateful for 21 days sober! Once I hit my next milestone it will be the longest I have been sober since I had my youngest son almost 5 in a half years ago! That’s crazy to think about! Almost 5 in a half years of pretty much drinking everyday and most of those years drinking a gross amount of whiskey! Thinking back to where I was a year ago when I quit hard liquor and went to drinking wine and seltzers does make me feel good even though I was still drinking everyday. It was the first step in the right direction I just quit once I hit that wall, but I’m proud that I have given sobriety the first real chance in a really long time!!

13 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im greatful for newcomers keeping the suck alive for me to know i never want to be back at day 1
My recovery
Sunshine
A great nites sleep
Time with hubby
My intelligent nieces and nephews
A lively aa scene in town

15 Likes

I’m grateful for a sunny morning and then a rainy afternoon. I’m grateful for getting a new notebook. I love buying new notebooks! I’m grateful for having a good hike and drinking my favorite tea. I’m grateful for my favorite mug that has cute dogs on it and fits perfectly in my hand. I’m grateful for this group who’s supported and encouraged me. I’m grateful to be sober and that I feel strong enough to face my past even though I often feel weak. I’m grateful for my good days. I’m grateful for cuddles with my dogs.

11 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
Already yesterday I was in quite the foul mood and woke up like that this morning. Reading and checking in here always at least gets me going and then I gain momentum with my morning routine. I am very grateful I have managed to establish these routines for my day to day life that get me through all the difficulties that may arise. I am also grateful it worked as intended today.
I moved forward today on my game design. Expanded on the kind of player experience I want this game to provide, especially what kind of feelings I want to evoke. Moved then forward to the formal and structural elements of the game. The whole project is getting more an more of a shape and I really love that process. This is the first game I a designing from scratch. The first one with a completely original idea and a dedicated design process. I am very grateful I have the opportunity to spend my time exactly with this kind of work. It is my dream coming true. It took me many, many years to come to this place where I know in my gut that this is what I want every day to get up to. So much gratitude for that.
I took a nice walk in the afternoon. I had felt rather moody and was not particularly motivated. But during the walk I felt feeling so much better step by step. In the end I stayed in the gardens three times longer then I had planned. I am very grateful for the power of sun, gardens and walks. I even had a nice chat with a lady there.
Later I did the workout and yoga I had planned. I realised at some point I need a steady daily routine with some kind of exercise in the late afternoon, but I also am a person who likes a bit of variety. So now I started incorporating a short CrossFit style workout before my yoga session. This way I get to do something different every day. I am grateful my body is back to health so I can work out again. I am grateful for all the possibilities to find interesting workouts these days without leaving the house.
My mum picked my daughter up for the afternoon and I am very grateful for that. She was in a rotten mood. All that sitting at home does her no good. She came back with a far better frame of mind. So grateful for my mum, grateful we live close by, grateful she can be here for us, grateful they both have such a great relationship.
I‘ll be off to a Recovery Dharma online meeting soon. So grateful for these groups.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

7 Likes

Today I am grateful for this thread! After weeks of me being absent: It’s still here, it just keeps on going with all you lovely people :blush: :heart:

I am grateful for 441 days sober today. I am grateful for my 1 year TS anniversary yesterday - I am even grateful I missed it, because my life atm is just so FULL
I am grateful I got to see Bryan Adams live for the third time last weekend.
And I am grateful the weather is nice, so my repotting and rearranging of all the plants in the yard makes good progress.
:squid:

10 Likes

Monday late evening gratitude.
I’m grateful today was a holiday here. I had a restful day. I’m grateful for snuggles from my old boy. I’m grateful for every day we have. I love him to pieces.
I’m grateful for my comfy house. The heated pillow makes my back ache less. I’m grateful for water melons.
I’m grateful I’ve been watching the changes carefully that occured after stopping my meds 3 weeks ago. I really enjoyed the pause and the positive changes. I’m sad that the hightened emotions and nervous outbursts came back and reached a level that made me decide to start taking the meds again. I’m grateful for this really good and helpful experience. I’m grateful I trust myself and my awareness. I’m grateful I’m able to revise decisions when the outcome turns into a wrong direction. I’m grateful I am able to learn. I’m grateful I am kind to myself. I’m grateful Missi is tamping and purring on me, her sharp claws give me sort of acupuncture.

I’m grateful for ODAAT. I love to start a new day every morning.

11 Likes

As I lay in bed and reflect on the day, I am grateful for…

1. My parents coming to visit to just hang out, not to talk to me about my life choices and how worried they are for me.

2. The hugs from my kids and the time we spent cuddling on the couch. I hate when they sleep out. My parents live an hour away so I always have a worry in the back my mind when they aren’t here.

3. My boss letting me make my schedule week to week. I’m using the flexibility this week to rest, organize and understand my life with all my commitments. I never use to feel tired and for days, I’ve been totally exhausted.

4. For feeling normal today. I don’t remember the last time I felt normal… Or if this is even what normal feels like but it’s way better than everyday last week.

Enjoy the night everyone!

12 Likes

So good to see you checking in and a huge congrats on your 1 year on TS!

OOH Bryan Adams – hope you enjoyed. I got to see him a few years back and he really did put on an amazing show.
yay-congrats

5 Likes

Hi fellow gratitude practitioners!! I am grateful for books. I am grateful for Erik Larson today in particular. That man’s history reads like the most exciting fiction. I’m grateful for guided meditation. I’m grateful for gorgeous weather, I’m grateful to work downtown near so many great restaurants. Grateful for you! 🫶🏻🫶🏻

11 Likes

Im grateful to be done with work today, and for making some money.
Im grateful to have the ability to be grateful for things even when I’m feeling down.
Im grategul for my bed, and my own room with my own personal space.
Im grateful for hot running water and a roof over my head.
Im grateful to have the next few days off work.
Im grateful to have a friend who cares to ask whats going on when he knows im stressed out.
Im grateful for the jobs I have.
Im grateful for my cat.
Im grateful for my brother, my mom, and my dad, and that we all love each other at the end of the day.
Im grateful for the trip I have coming up next month.
Im grateful for my hobbies and that theyre available to me, and that I can afford them.
Im grateful for the life im making for myself and its improvements, specifically becoming sober, and moving forward in trying to figure out a career path I would like to move towards.

11 Likes