Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

I can relate to that feeling of being sober at night. Being able to drive if needed. Not being wasted when my son comes home so we can have a chat about how our days went :purple_heart:

9 Likes

I’m grateful for finding a good groove at work
I’m grateful for completing day 23 of April challenge
I’m grateful my partner took our kids to training while I worked
I’m grateful my family loved the butter chicken I cooked for dinner
I’m grateful for quality sleep never experienced during addiction

9 Likes

I’m grateful for finishing a finicky task at work
I’m grateful for school holidays sleepovers
I’m grateful for a break in the rain

9 Likes

I am so very grateful for:
This moment
Surviving my addict self
Being led to TS and all of y’all
Refuge Recovery
The Three Jewels of Buddhism
**@Shaunda ** WOOT WOOT
Awakening to the Truth
Service
Ram Dass
Tibetan Art
Music
Alobar and Indigo
Hershey’s kisses
Remembering to list my gratitude :pray:

This mantra yogas Chitta-Vritti-Nirodha

11 Likes

I’m grateful to be 19 days sober! I’m grateful to have a new translation project to start on. I’m excited to get started and see what happens. I’m grateful to have a job that I like and is flexible. I’m grateful for cardomon tea and that smell you get outside after a rain.

11 Likes

Im greatful for…

A good nights sleep
Work from home option
Sunshine
Boscoes companionship
Feeling less emotionally raw today
Knowing my worth

11 Likes

Thank you for this day :prayer_beads:
I am grateful my strange emotional ups and downs seem to have stabilised somewhat. I think yoga helped a lot with that. So I am grateful for yoga as always, as every day. Grateful for yoga assana, yoga breathwork, meditation, all of it. Grateful I can pray through the movement of my body, can pray by just being and feel the connection.
I am grateful my cough feels better today and my daughter has been up and walking through the flat today. Grateful for the short walk I did.
I am extremely grateful for my in-laws and their help today. For them bringing our groceries.
I am grateful I managed to get some work done. Grateful I did not feel the need to cope with food.
I am grateful the day is done and I am off to bed soon.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for my silly doggo.
I’m grateful to be feeling peaceful today.
I’m grateful to be able to read and enjoy all your gratitudes here.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

8 Likes

Grateful for a public holiday tomorrow and camping with the fam bam.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for finishing strong on a hectic work day
I’m grateful for starting off my day with hard physical exercise
I’m grateful for having to drill a new hole in my work belt before I left the house today
I’m grateful for the love of my family
I’m grateful for a public holiday tomorrow

9 Likes

Im greatful for…

Boscoe and his cuteness
My sobriety and the principals of AA
hope
One day at a time
This amazing community

9 Likes

I’m grateful for a beautiful sunny day and for getting in a decent hike this morning. I’m grateful for having a job that I love and that allows me to travel and meet so many people. I’m grateful for saffron and rose water. I’m grateful that the water pump is being repaired! And for my dogs

10 Likes

Practicing gratitude today.
I’m grateful for this new day,
I’m grateful for TS.
I’m grateful my husband didn’t drink yesterday. Because he was sick. He’ll probably get right back at it again today, but I’m going to try my best not to worry. I’m grateful for the support I get here and from reading Al anon stuff.
I’m grateful I had a nice walk in the woods with a close friend yesterday.
I’m grateful for the healing power of nature,

10 Likes

I’m grateful to be back home.
I’m grateful to get back to my home thread of gratitude.
I’m grateful for my bed.
I’m grateful today, maybe I’ll be over the jet lag.
I’m grateful Alice gained an ounce or 2 at the vet while we were gone. Maybe we’ll have to take more trips.
I’m grateful all the pets survived us being gone ten days.
I’m grateful they show their love for us and they missed us as much as we missed them.
I’m grateful we had the best trip ever!!
I’m grateful for Italian coffee.
I’m grateful I feel good this morning mentally despite having some drainage going on in my throat nose etc…
I’m grateful I got to my meetings yesterday and Monday. I’m grateful for the compliments after I shared about how far I’ve come.
I’m grateful I can tell I’m doing much better too. Because I’m grateful we’ve had 4 European vacations in the last 2 years and I noticed I’m much more calm and relaxed when my loved one is drinking. Yes I still worry. I’m grateful all I got to do is love :heart: her. I’m grateful she has a disease and I’m not giving up on us.
I’m grateful for my life and my wife and the life we have together, and the life we have made together. I’m grateful there’s no one else in the world I’d want to go to Tuscany with.
Tuscany :white_check_mark:
I’m grateful I got through all the wine tours and meals sober and it was so easy. Currently.
I’m grateful the other 8 people enjoyed my story of sobriety and thought what I was doing was a real good thing and I heard that a couple of times. I’m grateful that made me feel good. I’m grateful I don’t mind sharing my sobriety with others, even strangers.
I’m grateful I got to tell some people all about the magic of TS and my friends in Europe and all around the states and the world.
I’m grateful I had the best time and I do believe I owe it all to both my recoveries and working the steps. And especially TS and my gratitude peeps.
I’m grateful I’m back. For today. ODAAT.
I’m grateful.
I’m grateful by this time 2 weeks from Thursday I will have gone to Dallas, seen Norma. Moved the wife and pets to Cali gone back and forth and then moved all our shit and finally wake up in my new home. I must be mad. (Crazy.)
I’m grateful for First Things First. Gonna tattoo it on both arms. Cuz I’m gonna need that a lot in the coming 2 weeks.
I’m grateful for My Ol Burner :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how too soon it will be
too late.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gratitude Habitat

13 Likes

Today I am grateful for my healthy body. I’m grateful to have a partner who also thinks its fun to have a crab and lobster boil at 2 am after a 12 hour shift. I’m grateful for sober sleep at night and strong coffee in the morning. I’m grateful for cute kitties and good books.

I’m grateful I had enough alcohol to see that it was problematic for me. I’m grateful I quit so I can now have enough in all my other life areas. 🩷

11 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
I am grateful I realised my mood swings and brain chaos is once again all due to hormones playing yo-yo.
I am grateful I got through afternoon‘s craziness with rowing, yoga and meditation.
I am grateful movement, breathing and meditation always manage to get me centered and connected again.
Grateful my daughter is almost completely back to her moody pre-teen-self, a good sign of recovery.
I am grateful for the walk I took into the city, the sun, the rain, the snow and the hail. Grateful for this crazy weather.
I am grateful for less coughing and less constricted breathing.
Grateful for working on my game design studies and managing to concentrate on abstract systems concepts.
Grateful my husband is only difficult and not dead, abusing drugs and ruining his health without a hope of help like my mother‘s friend who passed away today after a heart attack.
Grateful my cousin‘s little daughter is getting out of the hospital.
Grateful for prayer, steps and just being alive.
I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

11 Likes

Happy Wednesday my sober peeps

I am so grateful for waking up early enough today and getting to the clinic in time. Grateful for being able to chug 50 oz of water in 2 hrs to help with the blood draw. Unfortunately still couldn’t find one … glad one of the nurses was able to help out.
I am so grateful for being back at my brothers place. Grateful for my lovely Egyptian cotton sheets.
I am so grateful for mango season. Grateful for getting some really good cases of mangos from the Indian store.
I am so grateful for learning a new word – fuckernoid (annoyed beyond giving a fuck) and fucksausted (so exhausted you don’t give a fuck) LOL.
I am so grateful for taking guilt free naps.
I am so grateful that i am driving now. Grateful that i found the little card (pic below) that always makes me smile. I had received it in a tip jar years back and i keep it in my car as a friendly reminder how powerful a simple smile can be.
I am so grateful that all went smoothly this morning with my new tenants. They are moving in today and the wife is adorable. Grateful that i as ok in waiting these 8 months to find the perfect tenant. Grateful that i got a 2 year lease.
I am so grateful for having ordered my pizza from Jets for dinner last night… grateful i can order it without the cheese and ask for extra sauce. Grateful that i am eating gluten again but now know they offer a gluten free version if i should need it.
I am so grateful for warm comfy cloths on cold rainy days like today.
I am so grateful that i was able to contact my irrigation service to come out on Friday to replace a broken sprinkler head. Grateful that i did not replace it myself in my condition. Grateful that they have a decent rate and hoping that it is a simple fix.
I am so grateful for my family and friends. Grateful for meditation and prayer to help me stay grounded. Grateful for laughter! Grateful for comedy.
I am so grateful for TS. Grateful for having this community!

Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day / evening – sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful for a public holiday today
I’m grateful for spending the day pruning and gardening with my family
I’m grateful today was a rest day in the April challenge
I’m grateful my kids played well together using imagination and creativity
I’m grateful my partner and I began plans for a camping trip next week

10 Likes

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE GIFT OF SOBRIETY

Thank you sober fam for being part of my daily recovery
I love y’all :heart:

19 Likes

Happy soberversary @papabilly. So glad we share this journey! Keep it up