Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

I’m grateful God gave me another day
I’m grateful for shelter and the food in my fridge/ running water

I’m grateful I haven’t had a desire to drink in a long time and alcohol is the same as Poison !
I’m grateful I haven’t forgot my last binge and hospital visit . I’m grateful to view alcohol in a completely different way . I’m grateful I know I’m a alcoholic.

I’m grateful for my support and recovery net work . I’m grateful for the lessons and blessings I learn .

I’m grateful for music and movies for healthy escape . I’m grateful for my skateboard and the basketball court and park next to my house , I’m grateful for the sunshine and heat but also grateful winter is on the way

15 Likes

TodayI am grateful for:

• God
  • My recovery
  • My job and having a good work day today
  • My family and friends and our health
  • The diff colors that I see daily
  • Nature and the upcoming fall season
  • The ability to go on a date with my hubby tmrw
  • Life in general
15 Likes

Grateful I woke up clean to 150 days today. Very grateful for milestones and the mini celebrations they provide. 150 feels good. I have never made it this far in recovery, this journey of recovery is brand new, one I value above all else and I am indeed grateful for it.
Grateful for this newfound ability to sit with pain, emotional or physical. As someone who was a track star when it came to sprinting from anything uncomfortable this is a precious gift.
Grateful for modern medicine and that I don’t live very far from it’s access. Grateful to know I can handle pretty much anything for a short time, I learned this in treatment: I can do ANYTHING for two short days, if I can see the finish line I’ll be okay.
Grateful to wake up today clean and sober and to know if I continue doing what I’m doing I’ll be going to bed clean and sober tonight. :purple_heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for being over staffed at work, grateful for compassionate supervisors that sent me home to get better.

I’m grateful I will be able to drive my daughter to work so she doesn’t have to ride her bike today. She works 2 jobs and is tired today.

I’m grateful I will get to sleep in the yard today and let my body create all the vit d it needs with the help of the sun. Im freezing so the suns warmth will feel so wonderful. Blankets and sweaters just aren’t the same kind of warmth.

I’m grateful Eric is enjoying his visit with family and the new grandbaby :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: i love my grandbabies. They bring me so much joy.

I hope Anna and @PinkyP feel rested soon.

I’m grateful @Claire_Quit is enjoying morning walks, seeing the sparkle in her eyes again and hey, don’t we all love it when are britches feel a little looser :wink:

I’m really grateful that im starting to FEEL gratitude again and not just going through the motions. Being consistent and Journaling and posting even when I didn’t feel it, I believed helped. Meditation and affirmations I believed helped. Giving myself grace to just be out of sorts I believed help.

I’m grateful im sober today. More than not drinking, im grateful im choosing to work on me and how to be a better human, how to be kinder to those around me and to myself.

14 Likes

Good morning gratidudes!
Today I’m grateful for:

sleeping through the night, finally!
starting the day with a real satisfying breakfast
Neighbor Joe dropping in
Stranger Things
@Dazercat being a granddaddy!

Everybody have a wonderful sober Sunday!

14 Likes

Being a grandfather is the best. I’m grateful my granddaughter and I share a unique bond. I’m grateful her mom has supported me in recovery. Grateful my son is also supportive. It’s a blessing. Today I am grateful for Tara Brach guided meditation on breath. Grateful for Derek and the restorative Yoga class he leads. Grateful for his guided meditation and for the opportunity to share afterwards. Grateful I was literally pulled to Thrive Yoga. Grateful for the benefit I am getting. I’m living in gratitude moment by moment. Blessed

9 Likes

Congratulations on 150 days sober! Thats awesome!

5 Likes

Thanks Shaunda, it FEELS awesome. :hibiscus:

5 Likes

I hope this doesn’t sound awful but I am both grateful for an “in my face” reminder today and I will keep this person in my hopes and prayers she finds sobriety.

I am grateful I drove my daughter to work. After we unloaded her bike, a young lady I had seen once before wandering in and out of a meeting ( clearly high) came up and asked me for a ride to the meeting. I happily agreed. I had to ask her over 3 times to put her seat belt on. I wouldn’t drive until she did, she finally asked if I was waiting for her to buckle up. I said yes please. I tried asking her small talk questions, she didn’t reply. She was very high. It made my heart hurt. She kept looking in the back seat of my car, down by her feet, opening and closing her back pack, wanting to use my phone. When we got to the meeting place she asked again to use my phone, I politely said only if you can make the call in 3 minutes because the meeting is starting. As a former junkie I know better than to just leave my phone with someone that high. She kept pushing things on my phone but never made a call. She lit a cigarette in my car. I said sweetie its time to get out of the car, I dont smoke and the meetings are starting. By now I was already out of the car waiting for her. I tried to get her to come in for a meeting, she tried to get me to give her a ride somewhere else at the same time she was yelling across the road at a friend that wasn’t there. :cry:

Tonight I am grateful that the one and only promise I’ve managed to never break in my life is when I promised my family I would never touch methamphetamines again. I would never put them through that hurt again. I would never destroy myself or them like that again.

Today is my 8060 day clean from that drug and I know in my heart I will never return to that.

I am grateful for that young lady today asking me for a ride. I do not look down on her or judge her, but my heart does indeed hurt for her. I sit here in my safe home wondering if she will be ok on the streets tonight. She didn’t appear or smell like she either had a home or had been home in some time.

I am grateful I have a safe home.
I am grateful things happened in my life the way they did and I was forced to get clean and then chose to stay clean.
I am humbly grateful for what I no longer suffer from but am also filled with empathy and concern for this young lady knowing there is absolutely nothing I can do because its her decision

18 Likes

Morning,
I’m getting the vibe that a friend of mine is avoiding spending time with me. Maybe I’m reading her wrong but we’ve been friends since high school so I know her pretty well.
I’m obviously not grateful for this but I’m grateful that my almost 5 months of soberness and everything that I’ve read and learnt on here has taught me that this is actually OK. People deal with other people’s sobriety in different ways. I can’t expect her to be as happy as I am. She’s lost her drinking buddy and I get that. I’m grateful to realise that if it was the other way round, I’d be a bit miffed too.
But, although I’m grateful to understand how she’s feeling and acting it still hurts. It shouldn’t matter if what is in my glass is alcoholic or not… But in this society it does matter.
I’m grateful to take what she can offer as a friend until things level out between us. I’m thinking my not drinking has got her thinking about her own :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful I don’t drink.
I’m grateful I’m not hungover.
I’m grateful for another hangover free sober travel day. I’m grateful traveling isn’t a great big hall pass to drink anymore. I’m grateful I’m up early with room service coffee and no headache.

I’m grateful for all the grandpa stuff I got to do yesterday and I get one more day today. I’m grateful I was around to help when my sons clogged up a/c backed up and started raining in his kitchen. :scream: I’m grateful the people he called were able to come out on a Sunday night straight away. I’m grateful I could pay for it for him. I’m grateful it happened around dinner time yesterday so I ordered sushi for us all. I’m grateful It didn’t happen tonight because he has clients on face time and school. Even though he has much more sobriety than his dad, he’s grateful for my attitude of gratitude that I practice in real time and thinks he needs to practice it more. With school a job and a newborn he’s been slacking in that department. Go figure. I’m grateful him and my DIL keep telling us how helpful we are and don’t want us to leave. I’m grateful I can time a nice batch of spaghetti in between his work and school tonight.

I’m grateful we were young when we had children. I’m grateful we can leave and come back again to help. I’m grateful they have lots of her family around to help and financially we can help in other ways. I’m grateful I was able to do some grandpa work playing with the 2 boxers yesterday. One of them is only 18 months. I was never a big fan of boxers. Kind of scared me. But I am now and they love their grandpa too. Holy Shit! They have their hands full.

I’m grateful the wife is still asleep so I got my alone time. I’m grateful I feel good about that and not resentful like I’m glad she’s not up yet :grimacing:. It’s hard to explain. I’m grateful I went to bed tired and sober all alone last night and really didn’t give a shit that she stayed up alone with her wine. And again I’m grateful I wasn’t doing that in a resentful way. No stinking thinking! I was simply tired so I simply went to bed. Huh. :thinking: Maybe if I work on keeping it simple stupid, while God helps me think of this differently, I can feel good about myself whether my qualifier is drinking or not. I’m grateful to see my wife’s natural motherly instincts kick in and take over. I’m grateful I enjoy watching her do that. I’m grateful for my wife.
I’m grateful for all the squirrels around my sons oak tree line street and his yard, makes me think of you Shaunda. Kinda like having a support buddy around. Or support :chipmunk: :joy: around. I’m grateful I saw :chipmunk: this guy stretched out on the wrought iron fence taking a nap. The heat must of been too much for him. And of course he was gone by the time I got my camera.
I’m grateful for all the Gratidudes.
:pray:t2::heart::chipmunk::cowboy_hat_face::older_man:

Becoming and grandma or grandpa doesn’t mean you’re old. It means that you’ve been blessed with the most precious gift there is.
Becky Gill

16 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful I woke up feeling more rested than the last couple days. I’m grateful to have been able to spend time with all the family yesterday. I’m grateful that my life is calm right now, no big worries or stressors. I’m grateful we have a safe home, plenty of food and water, and love.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

12 Likes

I am soo far behind, one day but it feels far behind. I don’t have to catch up.
I am happy that we are so numberous now.

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for my colleagues. I really am.
I am grateful the nights are getting longer so the heat doesn’t creep into the walls of the building like in June and July. I am grateful we got rain this night.

I am grateful for workout which makes me feel less shit.
I am grateful Yoga found me.

I am grateful for the people on the 30 day challenge. I think I improved a bit on doing jumping things. I avoided them like hell. @Runningfree , @Jesile @Becsta and many more I forgot.

I am grateful for food and that I can and am willing to pay for fresh food.

I am grateful to be independent somehow. I got like hundreds of messages today from the woman renting the apartment after me asking me questions to which I thought: how can she not know? She has never lived alone, having 2 kids. Maybe I should switch to moving counseling if such thing exists :crazy_face:

17 Likes

I am grateful that I was stubborn and mean and said “No.” my wife and I have been sober for 11+ months now. She got home from work on Friday and said “it felt like Happy Hour”. I definitely felt the craving and the romance of Happy Hour on the porch right then. She asked me if we should have just one, but I said “No” and said stubbornly that we hadn’t even been sober a year yet. I felt mean and hypocritical because I really wanted to have something to drink with her.
Later we cooked dinner together, took a long walk, sat on the porch and made plans for the weekend, had some snacks and watched a little tv, and she took a nap in my arms on the couch. We had a great night’s rest and a wonderful, sober weekend with no hangover or fighting. I am so grateful that I am stubborn and mean.

19 Likes

I’m so grateful I found my way to TS! I have found much support here.
I’m grateful for squirrels, even the naughty ones who cause ruckus. I appreciate how my higher power uses these little creatures and other things to remind us that we are not alone and are here for each other.

I’m grateful I have the day off and am able to lay in the sun this morning and absorb its healing warmth.

I’m grateful for a nosey looky lou, must be the neighbors squirrel, I dont recognize his behavior. Yes he, I could see the undercarriage from my point of view :rofl:

I’m grateful I am feeling better and coming out of that summer cold. My poor husband woke up with it though. Oopsie

I’m grateful for time well spent in quiet meditation.

I’m grateful my quiet time for prayer. Though I had to laugh at my husband. He kept interrupting me this morning, I finally gave way and my prayers waited until he sat down and watched a movie.

I’m grateful for time I will get to spend with my teenage daughter today. These are very short years so I value all the time we get to spend alone together.

I’m grateful im feeling more comfortable in these forums and branching out to different threads.

13 Likes

Hahaha. I am grateful for the chuckle twinnie, and I feel blessed to be apart of your first trip to meet Norma. :sparkling_heart:

I am grateful for my intuition. I am not really feeling this one woman… I got a vibe from her when we first met. Over the last year as I have gotten to know her more things have unfolded. I am grateful for opportunities like this where I can practice trusting myself.

I am grateful for the arts and how they ignite my soul in different ways. Music creates a deep burning inside of me while in fine art I find freedom. And literary art? Words, they have been like a candy trail for me, I just cant get enough.

I am grateful for all of me and how it works together allowing me to see, hear, taste, smell and feel the world around me. I am an extremely sensitive person, emotionally and sensually and at times it can be hard to deal with. It’s like I have super human senses… not only can I hear through walls but I can hear across properties. I am grateful I am not deaf. I am grateful that because I have been working a program and going to therapy I can choose earplugs at 7:30 am instead of rage screaming at my neighbor.

I am grateful that I am learning my limits and that I am aware my limit changes everyday. I am grateful that the need to fill empty, silent space between my father and I isn’t there anymore. I used to feel like I needed to keep the conversation going, like I owed him that. I don’t feel like that anymore… not at all.

I am grateful for small things like the above that I notice in my daily life. Small things but big growth for me.

I am grateful for growth.

:heart:

16 Likes

I’m grateful God woke me up today
Grateful for nature and the sun :sun_with_face:
Grateful for the roof above me and the food in my fridge/ running water
Especially grateful for fruit , candy and honey

Grateful to be learning tools to deal with my anxiety. Leaning sometimes my anxiety is actually excitement or something I simply care about . Learning to be ok with not being in control. Grateful to be learning each time I push through a stressful situation I’m re Wiring my brain to next time deal better.

I’m grateful to be learning about myself and how to protect my sobriety. I’m grateful I’m giving myself a chance . Im grateful the basics are still number one to me . I’m grateful my life doesn’t have to go the way I thought it would and I’m grateful I feel hope .

I’m grateful for this community and all the amazing stories and Strength. I’m grateful talking sober is a part of my daily recovery.

I’m grateful for the desperation that brought me here .

I’m grateful for books and music

18 Likes

First time here in this thread, I think it will help me to be grateful.
I’m grateful for my beautiful apartment, my job and the good people I work with,
my car, my sister and all she’s doing to help our mom with her dementia and her living arraignments. :disappointed_relieved:
I’m grateful that my son seems to be getting on the right track; I feel like my prayers are being answered.
Also water; watching people in other parts of the world with no water or food.
Grateful for TS, without it and you guys idk if I’d be this far so thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Welcome! Grateful to have you with us in this thread.

8 Likes

I am grateful for your pic making me laugh out loud! Lot of squirrels here they make me smile especially when they chase each other. Grateful for thirty minutes of meditation for Ram Dass and RDO. I reap huge benefits from both. Grateful for exercise. Grateful to connect with Andrew from my Sangha. Long convo today. Grateful for the support I get from so many. I’m grateful that going to see a movie didn’t trigger me to want to smoke weed. I always vaped before going to see a movie. Grateful I feel confident that nothing can trigger me. I’m grateful for Jordan Peele’s films. Nope was really good,just my opinion. Grateful for my granddaughter"s laughter. I am always grateful for this community, Good night :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

11 Likes