Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Congratulations! 20 days is amazing :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Grateful that my hubby and I agreed on a way to clean the house of things we donā€™t need anymore or will not need for a while.

Grateful that I can start making small steps and those will hopefully add up.

Grateful that this will help us prepare either for a big move or to have a better, cleaner space by Jan.

Grateful that this helps keep my heart calm when overwhelming thoughts come breaking in. They come often, and Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t need a drink anymore to ā€œrelaxā€ or ā€œmanage stressā€.

Grateful my kids are safe.

Grateful for our good health.

Grateful itā€™s Saturday.

Grateful for pizza leftovers.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :heart:

PS: Happy birthday @Cjp ! :birthday::gift::tada:

PS2: Thank you @Dazercat @Bootz @Shaunda @JasonFisher and everyone else :heart: This thread and the TS community has been one of the major things that really made a difference in my sobriety this time around. Iā€™m hoping to keep it up, one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

9 Likes

Good morning all,
Happy birthday @Cjp! Enjoy camping! Iā€™m grateful itā€™s the weekend and I donā€™t have anything planned really. I think Iā€™ll use some of the time to reduce some clutter around the house. Iā€™m grateful for coffee- and more if I need it! Iā€™m grateful the move is going good for @anon74766472, I know it has been very stressful for you. Iā€™m grateful for this thread, my home group, and that I can always come here and feel better. Iā€™m grateful for sunshine and blue skies. Iā€™m grateful I can hear the small airplanes flying around out here, it reminds me of when I was a kid.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

9 Likes

Im so grateful i attended a zoom AA meeting this morning. Im a traditional in person meeting kinda girl but i really needed a meeting before i head to work in 15 minutes. Having only 1 car makes it difficult to go in the mornings. Im grateful i was able to overcome my nervousness about it.
Im grateful for my Higher Power being with me, in me and around me today. I know i can leave my house and leave my daughter alone for a few hours and it will be ok. I have to work and cant hover over her. I cant fix this. Im grateful for the tools i can pull out of my bag and surrender this to my higher power.
Im grateful i am sober and alert to not only her needs but mine as we walk through this stage of her life.

9 Likes

Iā€™m grateful I already posted on the Are You Affected By An Addictā€¦ā€¦ thread.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ll try not to post my saga here and try and stick to gratitude.
Iā€™m grateful for Al-Anon.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t drink.
Iā€™m grateful I can only continue to work and change me if Iā€™m willing and get my ego (I hate that fucken word :grimacing:) out of the way.

Iā€™m grateful for how loud Alice is purring way across the room. Iā€™m grateful we got her fluids in yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful for the housecleaners yesterday. Iā€™m grateful for the trail of cat litter on the clean floor an hour after they left. Iā€™m grateful I rather have pets that love me and I them, than a clean house. That clean house ship sailed years ago.

Iā€™m grateful itā€™s the last big golf weekend up here and weā€™ll pretty much have the place to ourselves again soon.
Iā€™m grateful every morning when Minnie comes over to check on me.
Iā€™m grateful to be sitting in my chair unencumbered doing my gratitude.

Iā€™m grateful for the sleep meditation I did last night as my mind was racing before bed. Iā€™m grateful I surrendered and got the sleep meditation lined up before I got in bed instead of just trying to sleep.
Iā€™m grateful I usually sleep quite well. And I did last night too.

Iā€™m grateful for all the little things I got done around here yesterday.
Iā€™m grateful and hopeful the ultra sonic bat thingies I plugged in yesterday kept the bat away. He wasnā€™t around last night. I like him. I just donā€™t like bat poop :poop: all over my deck. :grimacing:
Iā€™m grateful for you all.
:pray:t2::evergreen_tree::mountain_snow::yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Day #586. Today I am grateful for my beautiful wife, who has stuck by me through all of our trials and tribulations, most of which were caused by my drinkingā€¦ she is an amazing human.

14 Likes

I am grateful we finished just now. I am beyond grateful for my dear friends and my brother.

Tomorrow I will start unpacking and cleaning. Itā€™s still a mess.
I am grateful I can make myself something to eat tonight. I am dead but very grateful.

15 Likes

@desert_rose Congrats on 5 months!

Grateful to wake up to laughter on this 170th day clean. Grateful to wake up next to my favorite adult who is also clean! Grateful to have a weekend full of recovery and possibilities.
Grateful to have a weekend hustle lined up, very grateful for the extra cash coming in.
Grateful for the choices I have today that are direct result of my choice to stay clean for 170 days in a row. Grateful to be carefully deliberating on these decisions and not making any actions that wonā€™t serve me, my kids, my relationship or my recovery.
Grateful for the blessings that are flowing in. Grateful, very, grateful for my recovery.
:hibiscus:

10 Likes

@Cjp A very, happy and JOYFUL birthday to you!

5 Likes

Congratulations on 5 months Anna. I really love your description of being tuned in compared to listening to muffled music through a neighborā€™s wall. I relate to senses awakening,it is truly beautiful. So happy for youā€‹:yellow_heart::pray:t2:

7 Likes

Today I am grateful that even though my son is home with COVID, he feels ok and symptoms are pretty much gone. I am grateful for a quiet morning with coffee and no hangover and for a day with no where to be but here. Iā€™m grateful for keeping up my exercise and activity to the point of feeling physically exhauated at night for good reasons versus feeling tired all the time b/c of alcohol abuse. I am grateful for the ability to stock the fridge today and do some batch cooking for busy weeks ahead. I am grateful for our humble home filled with love, jokes and many times, lots of fur!!

10 Likes

Good morning all,
Iā€™m grateful to have woken up early on my own. Iā€™m grateful I made plans to go hiking with my mom this morning. Iā€™m very close to my 2 year milestone, which messes with me, but have also been fighting the memories of this holiday weekend ( my sober date fell on it). Iā€™m feeling lots of humiliation, regret, and anxiety remembering it. Iā€™m grateful that I know some time in nature, and some movement will help break me out of that. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t drink. Iā€™m grateful that although I can feel unpleasant feelings now, I can also feel excitement, and joy which I really couldnā€™t while numbing with alcohol. Iā€™m grateful that Iā€™ll check this thread a lot in the next couple days. Iā€™m grateful for you guys, very grateful.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

9 Likes

Im grateful for zoom AA meetings to start my day.
Im grateful for meditation.
Im grateful for my connection with my higher power.
Im grateful i dont have to have the answers.
Im grateful its my friday.
Im grateful i know there is nothing happening a drink or a drug will make better for me today.

9 Likes

Im grateful for God first and foremost.

Im grateful for my boyfriend, Britton and the things he has chosen to give up for my sobriety just to help me. He wonā€™t drink anymore, even though we are long distance and he didnā€™t drink much to begin with, he stopped all together. And i didnā€™t even have to ask him :))

I am grateful for my support team and how much they care about me.

9 Likes

Iā€™m gratefulā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.whewā€¦ā€¦.
Iā€™m grateful,ā€¦ā€¦that Iā€™m having a hard time putting it into words. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s a good struggle. Like Iā€™m grateful for the same Ol shit Iā€™m always grateful for! Iā€™m grateful for the struggles with my wife. Iā€™m grateful we are breaking some eggs. Weā€™re trying to make a really nice omelette and I think we are both scared how itā€™s going to come out in the end. Manā€¦ā€¦ thatā€™s a corny way of putting it. :man_facepalming: But I couldnā€™t think of a better analogy.

Iā€™m grateful I need to make some changes. Iā€™m grateful itā€™s always me :grimacing: that has to make some changes. Iā€™m grateful I think I need to make some changes on my use of TS. Iā€™m grateful it kind of scares me because Iā€™m pretty addicted to this place. Iā€™m grateful I realize I need to let some things go. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t want to say ā€œGood Byeā€. But I also know my addicted behavior and I got to face it. Iā€™m on here, TS too much. Just like I was addicted to Twitter. And my 2 long time restaurant jobs. Iā€™m grateful I found this forum to get sober and it replaced my Twitter addiction. Iā€™m grateful I realized I donā€™t want to replace TS with another social media thingy or whatever you want to call it. Iā€™m grateful for all of you and the many friends Iā€™ve become close with. Even though I donā€™t know you all thereā€™s been a very special loving magical connection. Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t want to loose that.

Im grateful for Minnieā€™s rhythmic snoring on her orthopedic mat by the front door.

Im so grateful for everyone on TS.
Im so grateful for my gift of sobriety.
Iā€™m grateful 976 days ago I sought out help.
Through an app. :flushed: Iā€™m grateful I thought it was kind of funny 975 days ago when I thought ā€œI wonder if they have an app for that?ā€ I mean they got an app for everything these days. Iā€™m grateful, I was kinda half joking, during my last most brutal hangover. Look what I accomplished!! Iā€™m grateful I can be pretty dang proud of myself.
Thank you :pray:t2:

ā€Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.ā€
Ralph Waldo Emerson.

16 Likes

We are all a work in progress. Even positive things can become a negative in our lives when used to excess. Im grateful for you Eric. Im grateful for your nuggets of wisdom and guidance and of course your sense of humor.
Do you what you need to do to be the healthiest version of Eric there is. :hugs:

10 Likes

Iā€™m grateful for 24 days AF!
Iā€™m grateful this is starting to be my normal.
Iā€™m grateful for this lifestyle change.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™ve found myself again.
Iā€™m grateful I have peace even in any chaotic situation.
Iā€™m grateful I can navigate through life without alcohol.
Iā€™m grateful my stress levels have went down tremendously.
Iā€™m grateful I donā€™t make other people problems my own anymore.
Iā€™m grateful Iā€™m learning I canā€™t save everyone.
Iā€™m grateful to know I can only control myself and my emotions.
Iā€™m grateful for forgiveness, grace and patience.
Iā€™m grateful for having the strength and willpower to beat this disease and addiction.
Iā€™m grateful for Sundays, cause I donā€™t work on Sundays. Itā€™s my day to relax and spend time with family.
Everyone have a blessed sober day.:heart:

12 Likes

Grateful to be waking up on a weekend day with significantly less anxiety. Grateful for this opportunity to spend some time away from my house to be able to realize how unhealthy that place truly is for me. Grateful for the ample time I spent honestly looking at the situation so I can know that Iā€™m not running from a difficult situation but simply doing whatā€™s right and healthy for me and my recovery. Wow, grateful for a big aha moment as Im writing this that itā€™s time to leave that toxic environment that Iā€™m in where active addiction is around me 24/7 and the people who run the house allow it and the person to wreak as much havoc as they like. Grateful that I literally feel a ginormous weight off my shoulders right at this moment. Wowowowow.
Grateful for the power of the written word, the therapeutic value of journaling, grateful for the clarity I get so often as I sit down to do my gratitude in the morning. Grateful that this is my most powerful yet! Grateful for that electric feeling I most often get in a good meeting as Iā€™m feeling this at this very moment. Grateful, so very grateful that I donā€™t have to think about making myself return to that soul stifling ā€œclean and soberā€ house which is anything but.
Grateful that Iā€™ve made so much progress and growth that a home for me is so much more than any old place I can crash but I need more now and my soul and my spirit has woken up and grown and I need a safe place to continue to thrive and futhur my recovery.
Grateful that Ive felt this coming for a while now. So very grateful that itā€™s coming to fruition. Man, I love recovery so very much. Grateful that recovery is so good Iā€™m almost to the place where itā€™s making the whole addiction mess worth it all. Grateful that I know thatā€™s the purpose of this whole journey that we donā€™t regret our past nor wish to shut the door on it because the recovery from it has brought so much goodness into our lives. Grateful I can see the whole, entire picture this morning. Grateful Iā€™m making it. Grateful I can sit here in this moment and just bask in this awesome electric feeling with gratitude.
Grateful for the past 171 days on this second to none ride of recovery. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

I am grateful for YOU! Iā€™m grateful to Just Be. I am grateful to be stumbling into grace :pray: Grateful for floating on my back in the Gulf of Mexico early this morning,watching the sky light up watching the distant lightening and looking at Venus shining brightly. Grateful for restorative Yoga and meditation today. Iā€™m most deeply grateful that my friend Bethany was released from the hospital today. Prayers work. Have a blessed Sunday all. Grateful for everyone here.:pray:t2::tulip::yin_yang:

God Guru amd Self Are One

11 Likes

Grateful for 1400 days of continuous sobriety. Unbelievable 1399 days ago.

I am grateful I unpacked all my boxes in one day. Yeah.
I will get used to my new apartment.

I am grateful for audiobooks. Unpacking took me 2 audiobooks. :grimacing:
I was talking a lot with myself today. Holy cow. I was somehow commenting on everything. Like my grandmother. Oh nooo, I am not even 41. :see_no_evil:

I am grateful I have food in my fridge, I have clean.bed sheets. I am grateful I have enough. I am grateful for some good friends.
I am grateful we found a solution for my furniture yesterday.

16 Likes