My cat
Being able to take time for myself
Noticing the beautiful world around me
My new confidence
A second chance
The NA program
Dharma
AFR
And a new boy that just came into my life… he took me out and I really thought that I wouldn’t be into it at all. I just wanted to go out and show myself that it’s okay to put myself out there and I can’t be afraid forever. Turns out he’s really sweet and kind and pretty cute. He’s paid for every date- though there’s only been two- and he even supports my recovery. He didn’t judge or stick his nose up he wanted to learn and get to know my story. I really hope this goes well because my heart is guarded but maybe I can open it up but by bit and let someone else in

8 Likes

It’s good you’ve got some connection in the programs in NA and Dharma, and you’re feeling present and constructive in life. Keep taking it one day at a time, and you’ll find what you need. Good for you! :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi Eden,

Maybe you want to join us here:

Hope the link is working. It is a huge inspiration and help and an ever-growing community of gratidudes there.

3 Likes

I’m sitting here 2 days from 4 months being clean for the first time in my life from 15-38. I finally got sick of being sick and checked myself into inpatient, so I finally decided to give up my demons and absolutely love being sober. There’s definitely fun, laughter, and so much more. I feel so much better in life now and actually can look my self in the mirror and tell my self I love you

3 Likes