Daily Greeting

It seems the moon doesn’t affect them, only me :thinking:

7 Likes

Beautiful Hanana. What a song.

Checking in.
I am feeling bored & slight hyper arousal.
I am working it, processing it.
I am very tired too.
Paid all my debts off - eventhough it aches.
I put boundaries up with my fiance for now as trust/space issues. We are going to start counseling.
It’s scary. I guess I am scared.
14 days sobriety.

2 Likes

What he did is absolutely not acceptable. To lay your hands (or feet) on your partner out of frustration or anger or whatever is over the line. I think you should address it and say it can NEVER, EVER happen again. The boundaries have to be set or things can escalate. And saying you shouldn’t “talk back” is disrespectful and minimizes your place in the relationship… you are EQUALS. I’m sorry if I sound preachy, but there’s no place for physical aggressiveness or emotional manipulation in a relationship. I hope you set him straight.

8 Likes

A welcomed day off work today. Happy Columbus Day! Lovely walk/hike with my wife followed by an afternoon nap. Alcohol seems like a distant memory these days. This is the type of day I would have started drinking noon (2pm at the latest) and not stopped until the lights went out (in my brain). Sobriety is a gift I will never give back.

10 Likes

Welp. There he goes again… off wandering. See ya.

I could be wrong, but I think he’s wandering off to find @ChicagoT and make new kitty friends…

Psst. Hey buddy. East is that way. :point_right:

[distant meow]

8 Likes

Ha, we will make sure to have a warm bed for him James. Does Ronin prefer wet or dry food? He will be hungry after the journey!

4 Likes

He prefers wet food, but he is happy to eat whatever he thinks the best option is… if you can manage to convince him dry food is all you have, he will accept it just fine. But if he eyes anything more appealing, he will try to beg for it or even steal it. He looks out for himself…

Awww he’s going to be so warm and comfy and satisfied…

1 Like

Ahhh, he’ll fit in just fine with my 2 then, the little gourmands that they are. Very fine palates over here. They scoff at dry food and will only eat it should they not find a nice tuna sandwich with Swiss cheese that I left unattended for 3 seconds or a healthy plate of wet food with gravy to consume…

1 Like

Haha do they insist on “human food” flavours?

Mmmmm… Swiss cheese :yum:

4 Likes

Thanks @BillS :hugs::kissing_smiling_eyes:

Two weeks, way to go girl :muscle::facepunch: it’s scary, but sounds like you’re very determined and motivated to enhance your life in all. I’m pleased and proud of you. It’s not gonna be easy but it’s worth it :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

I feel you darling. About the last sentence I mean.
Good morning, I’m so happy of your sobriety and your progress. It’s amazing when you start to notice the changes, isn’t it? :hugs::heart:

7 Likes

bitmoji-20191015074547

6 Likes

Good morning my friends… @keiti I hear ya there too. So much easier to be sleepless when sober. And to be a more patient parent on those unexpected early rises. I have been having an extremely hard time still with sleep, still averaging about 5-6 hours, even after almost 11 months. Last night I tried laying down at midnight and thought I was dead tired. Only to fall asleep around 2:30. And it perpetuates itself for me…I start getting more upset the longer it goes, and the more upset I get, the more I can’t sleep. Ugh! I don’t even drink coffee after noon, maybe I need to push that earlier…

7 Likes

Valeriana is good for some people, but if you might be the hot tempered type, chamomile, hops and thyme are the best. Thyme tea really is a bit sedative. Then there are some Indian herbs to use…

3 Likes

No wonder your batteries are empty. Recovering is a hard job to do. I’m exhausted today and cannot believe how many times I still have to go… This too shall pass

3 Likes

I swear by chamomile tea before bed. Though I’ve not got round to putting anything else in it yet.
How are you lovely lady.

3 Likes

What you brew beer from

3 Likes

Zap time Right now

1 Like