Daily Greeting

Yes mate. Just about to settle in front of the TV for the evening.

1 Like

Good morning? Stay strong. Stay the course.

1 Like

Good morning, and welcome to the new week. Let me say, just as a heads up for you latecomers. It’s pretty much like last week at the moment. Except that the sun is out!:joy:

1 Like

Thank you for that, your like our personal soothsayer…:grin:

1 Like

Yo
(10 characters)

Yo, yo…:facepunch:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Yo yo yo! Tom

1 Like

I’m starting to get the sense that you don’t sleep Geo? Like ever! lol

Its 23.10. Late night because of band. I have odd nights when i wake up and cant get back to sleep.
Problem is i dont like being alone in my head! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Me either! Which seems to be all the time :grinning:

I’d have to say thats a better alternative than haveng me and Tom in there with you, you’d never get any sleep…:thinking::grimacing:

2 Likes

Good morning? Stay strong. Stay the course.

2 Likes

Tired. Will this job ever end!:no_mouth::upside_down_face::frowning:

1 Like

Its my first day not drinking

4 Likes

Welcome Sharon. How are you?
Have a look around, work out how to navigate the threads. Use the search bar at the top to search topics. Ask questions!
There is loads of advice and information on here.
Just take your time and remember to breathe!:grinning:

1 Like

Hi Geo, im good at work now, its 5 pm when i pick up beer go home drink 4-5 pounders eat dinner and go to bed been doing that for years. I have been telling myself no dont do that for a while now but i still do it. I dont want to be this person anymore

1 Like

Then don’t be Sharon. I’m not going to say it’s easy because it isn’t.
Can you go home a different way?
Do you have to do anything tonight?
I was fortunate to be able to have 4 days when I gave up when I did nothing. I didn’t go to work, I literally stayed in the house and watched the TV.
After 4 days I would only do the bare minimum. Just to keep myself away from temptation!
That’s the important thing here for you at the moment. Don’t put yourself in a position/situation where you would be tempted.

2 Likes

Yes i can drive home a different way, i know if i just go home and eat that helps, i just need to stop thinking about it and probably a couple Tylenol pm wont hurt, im afraid ill have trouble sleeping. I just cant wait until i get to a point where drink is not on my mind

1 Like

Well, that’s a while away yet. Well was for me, and to be honest, it’s still there, just not as much!
I don’t know how much you have researched the topic, Sharon, but it might be worth spending some time tonight looking around here. Take in what people are saying, let it mull around. It’s what I did, took on so much information at the beginning.
If you need to reach out, there is usually someone around 24 hours as this is a global community.

2 Likes

How long do you have?

1 Like