How long do you have?
I’m relatively new, 6 months. It was hard at first but it’s evened out a bit now.
But my mindset has changed. I don’t fight the fact that I can’t drink.
I don’t drink. End off. I rarely miss it. Certainly don’t miss the hangover, or guilt or anxiety.
Plus the family are happy
At the beginning what kinds of things, activities did you do to pass the time to get drinking off of your brain
I’m just leaving work. I’ll be back!
Basically, I did whatever.
I read, a lot!
Watched a lot of Netflix.
I read, books on sobriety, including the Big Book
Took a lot of baths.
Was on here loads, just reading as many threads as I could, to try and understand what could happen to me.
@Buts has a great list that she posts which covers loads of things you can think on.
Really, just take it easy on yourself. There have been people who have gone full on with gym and work and after a few weeks, are posting about being exhausted. There are others who take to that and run with it.
It’s a case of whatever works for you. But the willingness to try anything is a must. After all, how do you know what will work if you’re not prepared to try it.
- No alcohol in my house
- Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
- Telling my spouse about my sober plan
- Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
- Having a day counter
- Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
- Taking a strong vitamine B complex
- Taking melatonin to help me sleep
- Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
- Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
- When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Be here every day to check in sober.
Thank you! Just not looking forward to 5 pm like i usually do. Atleast if i dont go to the store to buy beer i dont have to feel that guilt or shame and my son wont see me drink. And at some point i will start sleeping better and feeling healthier.
Keep that thought about your son in your head!
Your doing this for you. But if the thought of your son not seeing you drink works…!
I know it might sound silly. But don’t think about it!
One day at a time can come down to one hour at a time, or even one minute at a time if it works.
Just concentrate on getting through the next hour. Don’t think about when you go home.
I didnt do it…but today i think i can…i just have to not think about it all day like yesterday
Good morning? Stay strong. Stay the course.
Good day from London, London calling!
Just keep plodding away at it Sharon.
One minute at a time
To the faraway towns, now war is declared the battle come down…I hope you all enjoy the day/evening
Class band my man. Another great British export😀
How are you doing?
Wasn’t sure if you got my reply. Im feeling better then yesterday not so much anxiety trying to not think about 5 pm,
You can do it Sharon. Have some faith in yourself.
How much longer you got?
Its 2:46 and i get out at 5
Im in Texas