Daily Highs & Lows

Nice work on the gym!

My high is being sober today even though i feel like ass. I made it to my dr apt.
My low is in not making my gym class and haven’t been since coming back from vacation :flushed:

1 Like

@Cal111 Thanks for jumping in! Really hoping tomorrow isn’t stressful and frustrating in light of the price increase. May your customers understand it’s not because of you.

@Littlemac The addicted mind sucks so bad. Alcohol has destroyed each of us in different ways, and yet we still have cravings. So stupid. Keep pushing forward! In your corner!

@Beachy Way to stay sober!! Maybe hit that gym tomorrow? I’ve been out of the gym for a couple of weeks and it was doing a job on me mentally. Got back this week and I’m feeling so much better. It’s worth it!

@Jennajen Hey Jenna, hopefully you’re able to identify whatever it is that making you feel unaccomplished. Perhaps some lie you’re believing? Either way, it’s obvious that you’re doing great and that you’re very productive. Give yourself some credit! You’re doing great! Thanks for sharing your day with all of us!!

3 Likes

Isn’t it crazy how counseling can be the best and the worst all at once? :rofl::cry::face_vomiting::hot_face::smiley:

2 Likes

Low* having to go to work during a depressive episode.
High* still kicking ass at work during a depressive episode.
(and not crying while I’m here!) :roll_eyes:
:woozy_face:

3 Likes

Meh, my husband can’t say my name :joy:.

1 Like

Depression sucks. Sorry you’re in the thick of it today, friend.

1 Like

My low today: I really hate it when my kids get in trouble. That happened today and I had to deal with it.

My high today: Finally got a counseling appointment scheduled. Haven’t had one in a long time, so this is much needed.

4 Likes

My low today besides feeling anxious was I had to get an impacted nail removed by my doc. I hate doc offices.
My high was spending hours of play time with my son.

4 Likes

High- did my hair really cute today for work and a basketball player of mine brought me a sprite during my conference period because I was so nauseous at morning practice!

Low- i’m just really tired. It’s 7:18pm and I am probably gonna be asleep by 8​:sweat_smile::rofl:

Hope everyone is having a great day!

2 Likes

High: setup a staff briefing to close a six sigma project I was working on. Always feels good to finalize results and move on.

Low: one of the guys on my team is an ass a lot…he is one of the “close to retirement so I don’t care types”…he had a rough day, so that always gets irritating.

2 Likes

High: Got my rotator cuff injury worked on. Each time I go brings me closer to healing.
Low: Got my rotator cuff injury worked on. Hurt like a muthuh.

2 Likes

In Japanese instead of l or r there is a single combination sound, no blended consonants (fl) and no “ur” vowel sound. It is basically impossible to say. After nearly 20 years, I am just flo-chan (pronounced “foo-raw”).

3 Likes

Today’s high - I had a great Japanese lesson on zoom

Today’s low - I couldn’t stand the sight of my fat face on zoom

1 Like

High up and another day without using

Low my depression is kicking my ass

1 Like

@vaariesga Hey Cliff … hope today has been better and that you haven’t had to deal with the ass on your team too much.

@Littlemac It really does get easier as you go. The first few weeks can be so tough. Don’t give up. Cheering you on every day!!

@Lilemm Hey Emma … sorry about the crappy and depressed day. Wish there was something I could do to cheer you up, but I know depression doesn’t always work that way. I do know how you feel though, and I hope some sunshine comes your way soon.

@Jennajen Assuming you got to take a walk outside … I’m jealous that your weather was nice enough to do this! I hope it filled you with joy!

@littlemisschatterbox I love your posts in this thread. It helps me to see things in your world that aren’t so great. I think it’s a legitimate fear/question when it comes to getting over the past. You know I wrestle with this too … every day. Pain seems to linger for a long time. So does anger, resentment, regret, shame, etc. I really hope you have the brightest of days ahead. You deserve them.

5 Likes

High: I’m ahead of schedule on things at work, so my work-related stress is down a bit this week. I’m appreciating this today.

Low: The temperature is up a bit today where I live. It actually feels like autumn outside. That time of year is always my most difficult. This past autumn, I was drinking enormous amounts of alcohol every single day. So the weather and the drinking are very connected for me somehow, which just sucks. I’m feeling extremely triggered and tempted to drink, but I KNOW THIS WILL PASS. So I’m just riding it out. It is a bit miserable though.

5 Likes

High: didnt have early morning practice!

Low: students were testing all day, so that was boring.

But, I am surprisingly so happy today. I honestly dont think there’s really a low :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m his supervisor so I deal with it all the time…just frustrating when others have to. Sometimes it is just time to retire you know?

2 Likes

Definitely … especially if you’re just miserable everyday. Dang dude.

True high: :shushing_face: It’s private! :wink::see_no_evil:
Other high: I hit triple digits AF today! Woot woot!
Low: Had to go to Walmart. :confounded:

5 Likes