Daily stoic

5 Likes

6 Likes

To anyone else who haven’t read Meditations (Marcus Aurelius),it’s easy to read, very accessible, short passages that you can read, put down book and reflect…for a long time…lol

Also, there are several podcasts out there that discuss the Meditations.

Be well peeps

6 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

I do a pretty good job of maintaining a calm exterior, but I’m rotting in the interior. Calming my mind is so difficult…Once I fully embrace my “powerlessness”, I pray that I’ll have a calm mind.

3 Likes

So true. I make up things just to worry about them…sigh.

1 Like

Yes, I understand this, because I struggle with it at times. Have you tried guided meditations? Like on the app Insight Timer?

3 Likes

Great book! If you like Stoicism try

How to Be a Stoic: Using Ancient Philosophy to Live a Modern Life by Massimo Pigliucci

Ego is the Enemy and The Obstacle is the Way

Some of the ancient books on Stoic thought can be hard to grasp, but Meditations by Marcus Arellius is classic Stoic material.

Not Stoic but Stoicism and Buddhism are similar

5 Likes

Stoicism is an important block that builds the pillars of my life. Wonderful thread. Glad you started it.

4 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

I have Insight Timer and tried the guided meditations for anxiety. I need some new ones. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

7 Likes

At my Monday evening AA meeting, we recite the Serenity Prayer. I’m trying to get better in “letting go”. What will happen is out of my control. Very hard concept for me. I want to control everything…sigh.

4 Likes

Simple Habit is what I use.

1 Like

The app I use

1 Like

I will round up a few favorites and DM you. I hope you had a beautiful Easter with your family. :sunny::blush: