Day 1 - Accountability Parter

Good evening. So I’ve been playing this game called sobriety. I will go a few weeks to a couple months sober and I feel like I can control myself and have a couple beers. Then everything starts to go down hill till I hit rock bottom. Then the cycle starts back over… Maybe if I have someone to check in maybe a couple times a week that understands the mind of an alcoholic it would help. We could be eachothers unbiased emotional support. Anyone interested?

11 Likes

Welcome Anthony :innocent: Alcohol isn’t my addiction but there are many here who have faced it, I’m sure you’ll find someone. And read around, explore the threads - there’s so much you’ll recognize there; you’ll hear so many stories like yours.

Here’s a thread where people check in daily to keep connected with others in recovery:

And this one is for our Zoom meeting:

As you look around you’ll find so many other interesting threads. Make yourself at home!

3 Likes

You can message me anytime you’d like. I check in everyday, i live in the States I’m not sure where you’re from for time zone purposes.

You can check in with me as well if you like. I am feeling pretty good about everything, but of course someone a little further in the journey may be recommended. We do also have a daily check in thread to help people maintain focus.

@Dan531 I’m from Florida. Thank you!

1 Like

More than welcome to send a message any time. Il be more than happy to check in and see how your doing.

@TheScotsman Thank you!

1 Like

Anytime brother, I started to write a daily journal which your more than welcome to read. Hopefully seeing the daily journey from someone else will help you feel your not alone and will push you further to not relapsing again. when you remember the horrible brain fog, Fed puffy face lack of appetite low energy horrible feeling. That feeling that I’m going through is a reminder that it wasnt worth it for a night worth of alcohol. In a couple of hours il be on day 3 which I’m happy but the insomnia is brutal. Lol. Its almost 3am in Scotland, don’t give up :muscle:

2 Likes

What part of FL?

1 Like

@anon79808082 Jacksonville (Fleming Island).

2 Likes

Welcome! This a great place for support. You’ll find lots of relatable stories and people to chat with and support you. Tons of resources too. Congrats on your sobriety… take it day by day. You won’t regret it! :wink:

2 Likes

I had to look Fleming Island up, it’s nice! I’m in Sanibel.

1 Like

Feel free to message me as well. I completely get you. Grateful for this app.

1 Like

I get it if you don’t want to share but where abouts are ya? I’m located in West palm beach and you can always Pm if you need to talk.

1 Like

He’s in Fleming island. I asked a few posts earlier…

Welcome to the community @AnthonyD and @Emersonmd. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

How you doing sir?

1 Like

I’m doing well today. I have the urge to drink but I’m just pushing it aside. To busy to pay it too much mind.

3 Likes

I was like that earlier man, its almost 10pm here so shops will close soon which is great cause then I can’t go buy any. I felt alot better today which is why I’m craving it more then earlier I Had a bad migraine which lasted 3 hours but never gave up.

AnthonyD you sound just like me…that’s my pattern well o did 9 months and did it good then thought I could moderate HA then tried to go sober again. Since then (around 10 month ago) I’ve never gone more than 1 month but my last binge I felt almost killed me so I remind myself of that everytime I get the urge and I come on here and attend online SMART meetings…its my 10th day sober today and craving come and go but I’m sober. I hope for us both we do this xx

2 Likes