Day 1 advice and support needed

Hi All , am new here , on day one after making an idiot of my self at my partners sister wedding. I need to stop I have a problem any advice would be great thanks in advance

7 Likes

Reaching out and seeking support is already a big step along with deciding to quit. In my short experiences I’d say take it easy on yourself the first week. Get good sleep and stay hydrated and busy. Walks work wonders. Reach out on here whenever you need support. Happy day 1.

4 Likes

Welcome Tommy.
This is a great sober community to get and give support. I’m glad you found us. Being active on here every day has been one of my keys to my sobriety. Every day!
Have a good read around.
Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

1 Like

Hi Tommy1234. I’m on day one as well. Stay strong and you got this! I’m also in the pit and feeling upset about my actions over the weekend. I’m trying to turn it into motivation and fuel to move forward with sobriety. I know if I was sober then I would not have acted out as I did. And I don’t want to ever be that way again. One day at a time.

1 Like

Hi and you’re here reaching out and looking to stop drinking and that’s a start. If possible hit a meeting as been mentioned and see how it goes. Stay busy busy to take your mind off drinking. Keep coming back here for positive talk n help.

2 Likes

Thank you so much on day 2 lets do this guys

2 Likes

Hi Ray yes i had a look on line so sorting meetings out thanks so much

1 Like

Hi Piglet yes the app is great we can support each other if you want , it defo good to talk to each other

1 Like

Hi Kystalbetts yes I have the exact same feeling but on day 2 now feeling really positive this morning lets do this together !!

2 Likes

Aw thank you so much bit shakey today but we will get through this for sure x

2 Likes

Hey mate
Don’t stress. Number one. You’ve recognised you have a problem. Step one, (Ive never been to AA btw) congratulations.
Talk to your partner about what you’ve recognised, even if they already recognised it. Talk to GP, get a referral to a counsellor.
Research and pharmaceutical called Campral. It’s perfectly safe and effective and any doctor can prescribe it.
It’s a long and tough road. Surround yourself with supportive and understanding people. Believe me, your circle of friends will shrink over time.
I wish you the best of luck. It took me 5 years of falling off the wagon but I’m 3 years and 8 months sober.

1 Like

I left a comment below. Feel free to have a read. Good luck!

Hi Mr Nice , back again I fell off the wagon but day 1 again , thank you for your kind words

Hi Piglet86 , I started drinking wine again but i have to stop so day 1 again really need to push through this

1 Like

Thanks so much Piglet86 , going to join the gym , i think the evenings are hardest after work , so need to fill that time gap up

1 Like

Yes I think it is time I took the leap ! thanks for your support , just popping out just now so catch up soon ! x

1 Like

That’s OK man. Falling off the wagon is part of your recovery. I don’t know how many times I fell off it. So back to day one. That’s perfect step to take.
No one is ashamed of you. It can feel that way but no one is. If you feel ashamed, it’s self inflicted and normal.
Keep going Tommy. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.
I certainly wish you luck on your way to sobriety. When it gets really hard, distraction is key. Certain times of day can be a trigger. Certain people can be that trigger. You’ll start to recognise these.
Stay strong brother.

Welcome! Reaching out is a great first step as well as admitting to yourself that you need to stop. I found even just telling my story on here to be a great help. Also what worked for me is take pics of stuff that makes you happy, this way when you’re possibly down or thinking about throwing in the towel you can look at them.

Congratulations on your journey and just stay connected with like minded ppl for me I always thought I was alone and nobody drank like I did until I found AA and wow it’s been amazing to be around ppl that understand what am going through.

1 Like