Day 1 - Can’t go back this time

Welcome back :raising_hand_woman:

Welcome back.

I’ve reset too many times. And I’ve been ‘pandemic drinking’. Embarrassing the amount of empty beer and wine bottles that go out my door. This last year in particular my alcohol consumption has increased dramatically. Time to stop. One life.

2 Likes

Need a little help here. I’m getting tempted to go to the liquor store down the street and get a bottle. I’m 2 1/2 hours away from 3 days clean. Honestly already feeling a little better. Why is shit so hard. I’m just sitting here in my apartment fighting in my head…

3 Likes

Take a long hot shower. Really really long really really hot. Just sit in that shower and relax. Stay in it for 30 minutes if you have to. Plus all the other advice your getting here.
Just for today. Don’t drink. Just today. That’s all I’m asking.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

I love this forum/app/all of you. This is the first time in my life after 30 years that I want to take this serious. My health is what drove me the most. But more so. I really want to live my best life. I want to give back to this world the gifts and talents that I have but alcohol has stolen that opportunity for so long. It’s sad. I only have 1 life. 1 health.

To be transparent I don’t hardly have any friends. When I’d go to the bar it was by myself. Everywhere I went was by myself. A product of my upbringing where I knew no acceptance, acknowledgement or approval. Hence why I started drinking. Alcohol gave me all that and more…or so I thought. It’s always fun in the beginning until your so far in you feel like your trapped in a house of mirrors… forever. So 2 divorces, 2 DUIs in 3 weeks, lost everything in 2008: 2nd marriage, house, job, car, license, etc. One thing I’m truly thankful for is I’ve always been able to keep a solid and positive relationship with my kids. Believe me they wish dad would quit. I pray I can give them that gift one day…more so, myself. So here it is 2021. 1 day at a time cause I know if I pick up I might not make it back…

I can’t thank you all enough for your support and encouragement. Sorry for posting so much lol. I need this desperately right now.

5 Likes

Thank you for your support it definitely helped! Day 3 here I come :pray:

2 Likes

That’s what we are all here for! Anytime I’m having that fight in my head, I play the tape forward and then get on this forum and read/post. I also get on YouTube and watch videos about getting/being sober - just soak myself in that mindset. You can do this! We can all do this! So very proud of you for taking the first step and for being here and doing this for yourself :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey buddy. Alcoholism is a lonely business. Based on your prior posts, have you considered rehab? Puking up blood is a serious deal. Please get the help you need and deserve. You and your kids deserve a healthy you.

1 Like

Hey Chris!
I’m glad to see ya Brother.
It’s been a few days since you posted on this thread.

How you holdin up??

2 Likes

35 years of stupidity. Only a little over a month. We can do this together. Hit me up if you need to vent or anything. :+1:

1 Like

Gabe! I’ve been on the checking in daily thread but you know, in about 2 hours I’ll be on Day 10! I feel good. It’s amazing how much can and has changed in just 10 days. From better sleep, no more acid reflux, more time in the day. Just amazing. I wasted so much time but I believe the rest of my life will be the best of my life…1 day at a time.

Good to hear from you man!!!

4 Likes

This means a lot thank you!! And I’m sure I’ll take you up on it lol

Yes there’s strength in numbers! :pray:t3:

1 Like

Welcome to Talking Sober, Chris. You’ve made it to 10 days and that means more than the straight world can know.

That was an elegant description of alcoholism. And when we smash the illusion, or have it smashed around us by consequences of our drinking, we find ourselves, often, alone and afraid. In the midnight of the soul.

Early on, I used AA as a safe place, a social network (I particularly hung out with guys who had 2+ years sober and one fella with 20 years), and for a structured program of living and staying sober. Here’s a couple threads that include all sorts of ideas on how other folks have done it.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey!

2 Likes

Oh you just made my flipping day buddy!!
I’m glad you are doing well!

My unsolicited advice of the day…
Trust God
Clean house
And don’t drink. No matter what :wink:

1 Like

How you holding up? :grinning:

Hey my friend!!! I’m doing good. Totally appreciate the checkin. Sorry I haven’t kept up. This evening I’ll be on Day 15. Just taking one day at a time. Trying to keep busy and taking on a million things at once lol

Talk soon my friend :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Great to hear! Keep busy and keep sober :grinning:

@Chosen2001 haven’t heard from you on this post in a while…
How are you going?