Day 1 has begun (again)

Feels super emotional to be here working on my first day being sober again… I can’t seem to get anything to stick… I need a community to help me. Any advice for someone who keeps trying and has to reset their date over and over and over? Thanks ya’ll…

5 Likes

Welcome! This is a great first step. For me, I read everything I could on here, I was extremly active on here. Stick around! Be Sober!

2 Likes

Welcome @Amiee!
Read, read, read, and just feel the inspiration from this forum. Everyone here is on or has been on the struggle bus at one time or another.
You’ve made the right choice. Think of sobriety as a job. You have to work at it every single day. And when you feel like quitting, get on here and reach out. :v:t3:
Good luck on your journey, the strength is in you somewhere!

4 Likes

Hi, welcome! I wish you all the best! Come here everyday. There are so many great people here, so much knowledge. Welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Read a lot here, there’s loads of info to find in how to beat your addiction. Use the magnificent glass above to find it.
Being here and putting in the work made me sober.
You can do that too.

2 Likes

Welcome to TS! I read the book This Naked Mind pretty soon after I decided to quit drinking (actually, I listened to the audio book). It was a huge help for me, it really put everything in perspective and helped me understand alcohol and sobriety better.

Other than that, this community has gotten me where I am today. Stick around and read lots like the others have said!

1 Like

Hey Amy! Glad you’re here :hugs: This collection of threads might help you find your way around a bit.