Day 1 , I will make it

Today is the day I told my husband that I have been hiding and lying behind his back about drinking . Today is the day I was able to admit I need help and seeked for it . Today is the first day I will start to get better for myself and also for my kids and husband . Today is day 1 , I’m scared , idk if I’ll be able to do it but I will do everything in my power to help myself get over this alcohol addiction .

8 Likes

You can! And you will if you get help. Most of us needed help, this AP, a recovery program, therapy…something. When we fix the “whys” of why we drank we start fixing the problems

Welcome, be active…a sober life is one worth living!

1 Like

You already took the first step :raised_hands::heart:. You will and can make it.

1 Like

this is a huge first step being honest with yourself and others and reaching out for help. Your not alone anymore, your not different or not that kind of drunk, your not the only person who thinks and feels the way you do, your not misunderstood. Because of all the things your not is the proof that if you stick with the winners and do all the things that they do your not going to be the only person who stayed sober and found some peace and serenity in your mind and some freedom of choice in your life. So welcome and I wish you well on your journey.

3 Likes

You can and will make it.

Keep reaching out and take care of yourself. You are not alone on this journey. We are all here for support there are great people that understand.

Sleep and eat when you can and drink lots of water.

Take it one day at a time that’s the only day that matters

1 Like

I’m glad you found this community…I’m happy you have turned a page a decided to fight for you!

How are you making out as of now?

1 Like

Welcome Imhopefull,
Today is a great day to begin your sober journey. This is a great place for support. Have a good read around. Join in when your comfortable. We are stronger in numbers.

Here are two good threads to start:

I hope to see you around.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

4 days sober so far , it’s hard I can’t lie , not feeling like doing anything today but having wine but it will pass jsut gotta keep pushing !!!

1 Like

Push with all your might…I know those days. They are hard, frustrating and just plain suck! But you’re here…and your 4 days sober, which is SO awesome!

One day at a time…be gentle with yourself, and keep coming here; even if you only read.

It helps, and hey…for what it’s worth…I’m proud of you!

HUGS

1 Like