Day 1- I'm struggling it's only been 13 hrs

So today around 11 a.m I decided that I’m really trying to stop using Methamphetamine and get clean. I went to a 28 day program and got out Thursday and relapsed. I ended up in jail on Saturday for domestic assault. I’m going through a break up as well. Life seem’s to be getting me down right now and I’m use to running to the drug’s to block it out. I’m trying so hard not to use. I am on probation so my charge violated me. I did two meetings tonight by zoom and dialing in. I’m sitting here by myself bored out my mind and just overwhelmed a little bit. I’m trying to keep it in the road. So if any of you read this and believe in a higher power I just ask for you to send up a little prayer for me. Thanks that’s all I got.

12 Likes

Welcome! I don’t know anything at all about Meth but I do know about struggling. Sending a prayer for you that you see 14 hours clean and then 15 hours and so on. Even if it is minute by minute right now.

5 Likes

Thanks so much it is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Sending loads of positive thought and vibes your way Alisa! Using might block the negative stuff for a bit, but it does absolutely nothing to help. Well I know you know that. Hang in there. Glad you found us, hope this place can be of help to you like it has been and still is to me. You’re not alone! Hugs.

4 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Keep going one step at a time Alisa! Well done on coming here, there’s always plenty to read and people to talk to here to keep you company. You’re not alone! I’m saying a prayer for you and sending some strength your way :pray:t2::two_hearts:

3 Likes

How did Day 1 turn out?

1 Like

Just wanted to reach out and see how you are doing. Im seriously feeling for you right now and putting a prayer out there…sending it straight up.

Boredom will not be your friend, so you want to try to keep busy as much you can. I think first bit you will be super uncomfortable, so not sure what to suggest (and also we’re all diff with different interests) but if you feel that boredom thing creeping in try to think of something to do. Fuck go buy a puzzle or a drawing book or go for a walk (these are things Im trying for me, but again different strokes).

I dont want to give anyone advice that isnt something Im working through myself (more just my experience), but domestic violence and violence towards others is no joke. I hope you find the strength to let that person go until you figure out what is in you that causes you to behave that way towards someone else. I am sure you have hurt and pain, and probably abuse in your past. I dont necessarily have personal experience with this, but I have recently lost my sister to domestic homicide and I do not believe the person who did this is necessarily a monster - he is just a man, a very wounded, unhealthy man and that is scarier in many ways then how we as society just want to distance ourselves from people who abuse others by calling them monsters.

It is pain and trauma unchecked, and maybe there is more to it and Im sure there is but you are reaching out here for help, you PUT THAT out there which I think says something. I hope you find your healing, and I will be praying for you. You are a beautiful soul, you are in there and I believe that. I jope you give yourself a chance and stick around here.

Xo.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Alisia
I am so very happy that you have found this community. I find being active here (reading all the threads and soaking in the stories / advice) keeps me motivated to continue in my sobriety and also helps with the boredom. Love the support and love in this community.

Boredom is a killer - it will allow your urges to grow and become louder. Do what you can to keep your mind and body occupied. Check out this list ways to battle boredom - hopefully something tickles your fancy.

Great job on attending the zoom meetings. Are you also able to do any in person? Possibly look for a sponsor so you have some irl support? I believe you are capable of shedding this addiction - do know you are not alone - we are here for you! Hoping to see you around - few threads that i find very useful for my sanity and accountability
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4
Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

2 Likes

Welcome! This is a welcoming and supportive group.

1 Like

That’s a lot on you Alisa. Let this be your bottom. Only one way to go then. I’m glad you’re here. Wonderful place to get sober!

1 Like

Thank you for your word’s of encouragement. I’m glad to be here.

3 Likes