Day 1 in recovery

Hi everyone, I’m new here. Been a alcoholic for 15 years and it’s now ruined everything around me. I’m 33 years old. I knew I had a real problem for the last 6 months because everytime I drank I blackedout. The time has come to repair my life and hopefully this platform helps me

8 Likes

Welcome ! You are at a good place ! Just being able to admit you are ready to do something about it is a huge start ! Stay avtive here and reach out alot ! Sending lots of Hope your way !!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Tyson! Meetings and this place have helped me the most in my recovery. I had to change my whole way of thinking and doing things. So glad I did.

I’m happy you’re here man. Stick around please.

3 Likes

I’m new too, going to make it work this time. One step at a time heading in the right direction and we will get there

3 Likes

Welcome! This forum has helped me immensely in finding a supportive and informative community of like-minded people. I look forward to multiple check-ins each day to read stories and communicate.

2 Likes

Welcome Tyson! I’m glad you’re ready to turn your life around. Whoever you are and whatever you’ve done so far in your life, you deserve it.

Check these pages out
Resources for our recovery
Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Check in daily if you can. It helps! There’s a thread for that too!
All the best!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m on day 9 and have been drinking for decades. It’s never too late. This community has helped me immensely, I wouldn’t be on day 9 without them. Truth be told, I had 2 relapses on the 1st 2 days after I signed up. You came to the right place, there is so much info on here. 1st thing I learned, don’t kid yourself to think you can have alcohol in your house and not drink, YOU CAN’T. You will probably feel anxious, trouble sleeping or sleeping too much, and oh boy, sugar cravings! All natural. Stay hydrated, keep busy and come back often, you can do this!!

2 Likes