Day 1, let's do this

Afternoon everyone
Woke up feeling absolutely horrid this morning. And once again I was telling myself “What are you doing this isnt you. This isnt the best person you can be”. Looking for some discussions and help from people on here.
Look forward to talking and getting to know people to help me through what I feel will be the hardest months of my life.

17 Likes

Welcome to the community and well done on taking this step. It’s definitely hard to live up to our potential if we’re drinking and using all the time.

You can use the magnifying glass to search for topics. I’d suggest reading a lot and seeing what other people have done to remain sober. Ask a lot of questions and check in often.

Look forward to watching your progress.

4 Likes

Welcome, Mark.

Like @anon28001181 said, read a lot and participate. It does help.

I am glad you’re here.

5 Likes

Morning here, but glad to see you here! :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! Remember how you are feeling right now because as a couple of days go by and you start feeling better your brain will try to trick you into going back. Try to keep things simple for now and take it one day at a time :blush::+1:

5 Likes

Thanks to all of you. I’m definitely gonna be trailing the forums for advice. Never really tried properly might do the odd few days sober here and there but I wanna see what life I could have without it there for me. Interesting times ahead for me I think and I can’t wait to properly do my best to improve my health and lifestyle.

4 Likes

Welcome Mark! This forum has helped me tremendously. I find reading other’s stories very beneficial. Also, relapse threads remind me why I don’t want to pick up. Come here often, read and interact. We’re all here cheering you on.

3 Likes

Welcome bro! Morning here in New Zealand. Feed your focus and starve your distractions. Great forums here

3 Likes

Excellent advice all round, so I’m just adding an extra hi, and welcome! :wave::blush:

1 Like

I’m on day two. Keep on truckin!

3 Likes

Loving the messages and support on here. I’ve decided to start my timer from 5pm today so lets go a day at a time and all support each other and get this worked out.

3 Likes

Morning all. Hows is everyone doing today?. Feel quite ropey today got no enthusiasm for anything which sucks. Managed to get a nice roast dinner on though looking forward to that.
Tipped my last few bottles of beer away this morning which felt really good the fridge is bare of beer and I deleted my dealers number and blocked it so positive moves forward this end.
Anyways everyone kepp your heads up and carry on leading that positive life

5 Likes

Not too bad. I slept from 11:30p to 4am. So, I am tired. Maybe I can have a nap later.

I wish I had taken something out of the freezer for dinner. We have a guest living in our basement, so I can’t trod on down to the freezer like I normally would.

1 Like

Glad to hear you tossed the booze and blocked the dealer. Great measures to take.

I also wanted to suggest the daily check in thread. Here’s a link. Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #22 It’s a really active thread and a great way to garner/offer support to other members and get to know them.

Glad to see your update. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Hello! This forum is not only a helpful distraction; but, also a useful resource. Take it one moment at a time and you’ll power through. It takes courage to be sober.
You’re not alone!

1 Like

Welcome Mark! What I did in the very beginning is to make a list why I want to have a life sober. And why I never want to use again. I make sure I have this list with me all the time to read it whenever I need it…