Day 1 not 1 day

Hey I’ve tried privately what feels like hundreds of times to stop. Always a little in denial… but I e never reached out to a community before. Even one as anonymous as this. But I’m ready now, and I’m ready to accept a community to help. Wish me luck guys.

24 Likes

Welcome and good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Oli.
This is a great sober community for support. I tried many times, like you, without success. But now that I got support and I’m pretty active on here. I’m doing it. It takes a lot of hard work though. And for me turning it over to God. Luck has nothing to do with it.
With that said.
Good luck :+1::four_leaf_clover:
I hope to see you around.

Here are two good threads to start:

:pray::purple_heart::cactus:

One day
Or day one
You get to decide

6 Likes

:pray: thank you.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I hope this forum will be a good tool in your sobriety toolbox. I know you will get some warm welcomes and some great advice. People here generally care about the success of others. It’s a good thing.

Since this is the first time you’ve reached out to a community before, I’d like to urge you to take some time and really think about what it is that you hope to gain from the community. What kind of support do you want and/or need; what are you willing to accept. People often don’t know what they want/need or they stuff their hopes so far back in their subconscious because they don’t think they deserve, or that they’re being stupid, or whatever reason, and then they get disappointed but don’t always know why.

Groups are hard because everyone is different in what they need and how they show support to others, and this community is very diverse in so many ways. If you know what you need/want from the community, you’re more likely to get it, which in turn will hopefully help you succeed.

I know you can do this. As long as you keep trying, you’ll get there. Again, welcome, and I hope you dive in and stick around.

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on making the choice to be here. There are a lot of stories to read to gain insight from. Tons of positive feed back and a nice feeling of support from others who are in the group.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Oli. Reaching out to TS is a great start to your journey. My recent attempt to quit started out with a lot of day ones (more like zeros), before joining TS. There is an abundant of resources to help you along the way. Wishing your best of success. We got this, together! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on making the decision to get sober u can do this just take it one day at a time and put together a good sobriety plan try going to meetings they helped me just know that the work getting sober is so worth it my life has changed so much for the better I got my family back your life will get better too

1 Like

Welcome Oli!! I’m 2 weeks SOBER and same as you, tried this privately for years! I never got past or to day 4. I will say for me, this supportive, non judgement forum has been the best thing to help. I wish you the best, you can do this!

2 Likes

We got this!

You can do it. Go find a meeting it will take help too.
One blessing from Covid is that there are now TONS of Zoom meetings.

1 Like

Welcome! Really glad to have u here! I can’t… we can! The support here on TS has been a tremendous help!! Hope u keep posting!

1 Like

Hey guys. One week in. Thanks to those of you who commented. Every one of them was so motivating. Thank you.

Congrats keep up the good work

1 Like

Congratulations on a week!! I find that rewarding myself is a great motivator. Whatever you like that’s not alcohol related. I’ve been trying new foods, treats etc. And most likely you’re having sugar cravings, completely normal. A week is a GREAT start, keep it up, you can do it! :heart:

2 Likes

Still going strong. Two weeks friends! :heart: Thank you for support.

5 Likes

Congrats on the two weeks! Keep going strong and please keep posting your success!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 2 weeks Oli!
I’m glad you’re here.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

1 Like

Same!! I tried many times to not drink during the week, then I’d drink Friday, Saturday AND Sunday and then continue and was always telling myself tomorrow I’ll stop for a week. This community and app have helped me so much!!

You got this! Stay strong. Reach out if you want to drink, it helps.

1 Like

Well done! :clap:t2::muscle:t2: Keep it up, you’re doing great!

1 Like