Day 1 of sobriety

Hello! I am new on here. Today is my first day of many first days, but this time things are different. I have realized how alcohol is not fun anymore. It just makes me sad, and isolate. I have finallt started to tell friends. The most important person I told was my sister, which was the scariest person to tell. I am hoping this community will help me stay in track with my sobriety!

Thank you everyone :slight_smile: xo

42 Likes

Welcome. Many good folks on this forum and you will receive great support from the community. There is a lot of informational topics to read as well. Congratulations

1 Like

Hi and welcome Brit! You landed in a great place here, feel free to jump into conversations or ask questions.🙋

2 Likes

Hello. I respect your courage to be honest and reach out. I hope your sister was supportive. I can tell you for certain that you will be supported here. My very best to you on your journey❣

1 Like

You’re in a good place. Doesn’t matter how many first days you have. Once you accept that you are part of a group of people who accept that 1 is too many and 100 aren’t enough, it gets easier.

2 Likes

Welcome! My sister was also my first confidant. Stick around, get comfy! Looking forward to your contribution here!

1 Like

Hello…welcome…yesterday my first day as well after so many first days as you said.Can totally relate.Yes agree 100% its not fun anymore.Its just sadness,chaos and emotional ans physical hurt!!!:confused::confused::confused:Welcome again and good luck on your journey.This forum is awesome!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well done and good luck! I’m on day 925 and haven’t regretted it!

3 Likes

Thank you! I look forward to getting to know the community and to read all the get knowledgeable topics!

Hi Donna! Thank you! I am feeling good about this! I cant wait to start and engage in conversations here!

1 Like

Thank you!! My sister was so supportive :slight_smile:

I look forward to the support. I know it’ll really help, and I look forward to support others!

1 Like

I feel safe and hopeful for once about this! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your message!

1 Like

Thank you!! My sister was super supportive which helped. I look forward to contribute! Everyone seems so sweet on here. I look forward to the support! :slight_smile:

You got this! We got this!

Thank you! Welcome to you as well! Good luck with everything!

1 Like

Thank you! Congrats on 925 days! that’s amazing! I cannot wait to get to 30. :slight_smile:

Hi and congratulations on your first day and on telling your sis you’re on the road to sobriety, it’s always hard telling friends and family. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve tried, the fact that you’re trying again is all that matters. Good luck on your journey :heartpulse:

Welcome. I’m proud of you for trying to obtain sobriety.
I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.
i also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if you have any.
Good luck, you’ve got this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the information you’ve shared with me! I will definitely use checking in daily to keep myself motivated and accountable!

During the day I’m usually fine. It’s usually in the evenings I struggle the most. I have started by moving my morning workouts to the evening with a friend, but I still know it’s going to be challenging. I think reading through here will help in the evenings. :slight_smile:
Great to meet you!

2 Likes

great to meet you too

1 Like

Welcome! Great job on your day one of many!

2 Likes