Day 1 of sobriety

Welcome. I’m proud of you for trying to obtain sobriety.
I highly recommend checking in daily to keep focus in the checking daily to maintain focus thread.

I also recommend finding some activities to fill time like, running, cycling, working out, meditation/mindfulness, crafts, drawing, reading etc.
i also recommend reading on this forum a lot on this forum and asking questions if you have any.
Good luck, you’ve got this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the information you’ve shared with me! I will definitely use checking in daily to keep myself motivated and accountable!

During the day I’m usually fine. It’s usually in the evenings I struggle the most. I have started by moving my morning workouts to the evening with a friend, but I still know it’s going to be challenging. I think reading through here will help in the evenings. :slight_smile:
Great to meet you!

2 Likes

great to meet you too

1 Like

Welcome! Great job on your day one of many!

2 Likes

Welcome come and vent whenever you want, it’s very important to let it out sometimes. Congrats on day 1.

1 Like

Hello :green_heart: best of luck :purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome and yeah doing drugs or drinking alchol is not fun anymore. Take it day at a time. And we all here to help you keeping sober.

What helps me is thinking about what the alcohol actually does to your body. I mean your whole body is affected. And we weren’t meant to go through this life being inebriated.
You’ll notice your skin looking better pretty quickly too… for me it did anyway!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Typo, weren’t not were, lol

1 Like

Welcome Brit! You’ve made a courageous choice - acknowledging your problem takes courage, and acting on it by talking with others takes commitment. Only your first day and you’ve already made progress :smile:

I read in my recovery workbook that addiction is a disease of escape. We have spent years running: from boredom, from fear, from self-doubt, from ____. We’ve surrounded ourselves with addictive escape routes in our brain and behaviour. Eventually though we realize - they’re hollow. They don’t go anywhere. And we’re alone.

The cure for addiction is connection. Connect with yourself. Connect with other people. Start to live your life sober. Learn about sober living and how people do it in recovery. Read as much as you can here, and explore some of the resources you find. This thread is helpful:
Resources for our recovery

You are making the single biggest, most important, most challenging but also most rewarding decision of your life. It will not be easy, but remember: every sober minute, every sober hour, every sober day is a win. Just take it one day at a time, and most important: never give up. Ever.

You are a good person, you matter, and you belong. It’s nice meeting you - looking forward to walking the journey with you :innocent:

2 Likes

Yesterday was my day 1 of many, too! But my first day joining this group. I already feel so much better just knowing I can read and chat in here. Here’s no no more day 1s!!! :raised_hands:t2:

5 Likes

I find this place the most helpful, just take one day at a time :heart:… it is hard and scary in the beginning but gets much better And it is worth it !! Stay here :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Congratulations Neebie! Glad to have you on here. Keep it up, and just take a day art a time my friend. It will get easier, i promise… I just hit 295 days today and it’s amazing. We’re all here for you. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

you are in the right direction.
Just keep going!
All the best! Love

1 Like

Hello I’m Josh I’m 12 days sober today and I found this forum 12 days ago and it has helped me so much anytime I get a craving I get on here and talk about how I’m feeling by the time I express what’s on my mind I forget about my craving we are all brothers and sisters of addiction and we are all in this together I wish you the best of luck and if you ever wanna talk I’m on here constantly

2 Likes

Congratulations brother! I am Aram and it’s my 1st day sober. Just want to say hi and good luck to you!

1 Like

Hi warm welcome it may be the first day of many like you said ,but today is a new day today you live for the moment and not the past.
TODAY YOU GET TO CHOOSE!!!
your get all the support,advice and guidance from this app were all on a journey of self discovery and I’m happy to have you on this journey with us,try to share daily ,also please share your struggles whilst there happening as that’s when you can get the most out of using this amazing forum,:pray::rainbow:

1 Like

:wave: day 2 for me!

2 Likes

Welcome here!!!:wink::grinning:Congratulations on your decision!!:pray:Keep checking in ok?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!) Will definitely continue to check in) Have a wonderful day.

1 Like