Day 1 Sobriety from Meth

Have been relapsing on and off smoking crystal meth for 3 months. Last used about 2am last night. Got a few hours of sleep and am not under the influence. I am a 28 year old male with a job who got himself into a bad area in life. 3 months ago i had tried meth for the first time through someone in a dating app(i know very stupid) and it has now made its way into a weekly occurrence with horrible mood swings and cravings for more. I live with recovered addicts of 20+ years using. Now clean and sober but me. Mother knows i use but uncle thinks im depressed in my room alot. Im really tired of having my mom look at me in disgust knowing im high… It affects my social life on the come down. I have to remember what comes up must come down and to never touch that shit again. I have messaged my dealer and told him off and made sure to say something so he wouldnt want to interact with me again. I have flushed the remaining drugs and destroyed the pipe. Here I am looking for support through this hard time. Sorry if any of this is triggering for some. Feel free to message me as i could use someone to talk to

13 Likes

Welcome!! So glad you’re here! That’s a tough addiction, congrats on day one!!! I would block your dealer’s number and then delete it. That way if he reaches out, you won’t get any texts because you blocked before deleting :slight_smile:

It’s going to take a little time for your mom to come around. However, it’s usually sooner than we expect when we do the right thing and stay on the straight and narrow.

What kind of support do you have? I’m not sure if you’ve tried meetings before, but I’ve seen them help a lot of people in here. @SassyRocks isn’t there a post somewhere with all the different resources?

Oh, and there is a daily check in thread that’s great for accountability. Definitely check that one out. I practically lived in there when I first got sober, and of course the meme thread. It’s fun and gets your mind out of the gutter and you laugh instead.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have not tried meetings yet as this is my first step to actually try to be clean. I dont have any friends or family that use so that will help. Just this one person that i found on a dating app that i hope to NEVER go back to

1 Like

First of all … Welcome :purple_heart:
First step … you know what “they” say about those.
No matter your poison… it’s TRUE!
Look at us. We are all here, on a journey, wanting to change our shitty habits and do better. You are here too :smiling_face:
You will get through it if you want to, depends on you.
This community will support you, encourage you and teach you so much, if you Read and PARTICIPATE!
We got you … keep showing up and believe in yourself ( you deserve everything)
:metal:

Thank you. I hate feeling the cycle of over stimulated and then being a shut in until im not under the influence. I really want to be with my family out in the living room but am going through WD, bloodshot eyes, raspy voice, weird arm movements and hand tweaks and irritable you name it. The cons outweigh the pros in every aspect of this addiction. If your reading this and thinking about trying this drug please don’t. I thought i would try it like once and not do it again… A little harder said than done. Will post a before and after picture when the time comes because i look like total crap right now

2 Likes

Holy shit … I just re-read that :point_up: and it I sound OLD AF!!!
First part good :+1:
Last part … meh.
I getcha .,
show up here and let these L T’s ( Long Timers) make sense, cuz they do

Will stay active here. I have the app for this and will check in all the time. Hoping this place can be like my second family and help me keep myself in check. I just have to know that im in control of me and nooone else can choose being clean or sober but me.

2 Likes

I think you mean this list @Girlinterrupted ?

And I like to add this as well @NewBeginning1 What's YOUR plan?
And welcome here ofcourse! This app helped me a lot with getting rid of my own bad habits.
Take your time to chime in here! It’s worth the reading time :+1:

2 Likes

You’re the best, lovely! Thank you!!

1 Like

Dem damn datings apps!

Hopefully you can nip this one in the bud without too much difficulty, since you started only recently.

I have never used crystal meth but I have heard it is extremely addictive.

Make sure you put lots of ongoing careful thoughts into your strategy to quit and stay clean. Talking about it on here is a great strategy!

1 Like

Niiiice
You flushed it??? Awesome and safe

Ive flushed mutible drugs. Why give something to someone that brings yourself harm. AND its quick and gone
I looove this technique

1 Like

How are you doing today? @NewBeginning1

On lunch from work. Half way through. Im better mentally when im working keeping my mind busy. Hope you are doing good.

2 Likes

Hell yeah. Keep fighting, you deserve to live free

Keeping busy helps me too :slight_smile: Glad you’re starting to feel better mentally :slight_smile:

Day 4. Cant sleep. Cravings are very strong. Mental clarity is there but the urges are very strong

1 Like

Have you considered meetings? Like narcotics anonymous?