Day 1 - Taking responsibility

What u said about how u drink and ur intentions sound alot like me immon day sober and I’m been honest with myself and taking accountability for my decisions and actions. We can so this we have a choice good luck friend xx

4 Likes

So pleased your here and taking this first step into a soba life when we get to the point of alcohol or drugs effecting our lifes it’s no longer any fun and we and our loved ones all suffer . Keep reading and reaching out on here this place has helped me so much in my recovery good luck x

3 Likes

Thank you for reaching out and your good wishes. I am already seeing this is a great community, and feel confident the support and discussions will help in my acceptance, recovery and sober future. Keep up the good work. Tx

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your post it could have been written by me exactly I’m on my second sober day and this app and community are the reason I have made it to my second sober day thank you all so much for sharing your story and helping people like me get through day 1 and on to day 2

5 Likes

You can do this!

2 Likes

Nice to meet you Tara and welcome! :smiley: We’re all in recovery here and you will learn a lot from all the wonderful people here. You’ll also learn a lot about yourself and how you can walk your path to sobriety. It is a wonderful journey. It’s not an easy journey - but the rewards are worth it. Keep reading, learn everything you can, and keep checking in! Try this thread - it’s a place where people check in daily:

3 Likes

Welcome! Another 40-something mum here too. Past weekend drinker. Stick around, read lots. The support here is phenomenal :hugs:

4 Likes

Good for you Lisa! You’re doing the right thing for you: you’re a good person, you matter, and you deserve a sober life. Keep checking in here, read and learn everything you can, and never, ever give up. Sobriety is 100% worth the effort :smiley:

3 Likes

You can do it, all the way just take it one day at a time. Good luck

3 Likes

I’m at day 1 today. Fell off the wagon a couple of months ago and haven’t managed to get back on until now. Good luck with your journey :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back, and thank you for reaching out… reading your message has made me realise something… despite being a drinker (not daily) for more years than I care to remember, I have never before said or considered myself on the wagon. I’ve done Dry January a couple of times, and gave up when pregnant, but it was always a time of education and proving to myself and others, that I wasn’t reliant on it… this is the first time, that I have ever said ‘that’s it’ and believed I am not returning to it!!! Hence, I guess I can say, I am officially on the wagon! :grin:. Have a good day. Tx

4 Likes

I’m back on day 0 for me today. Your input is very helpful for me. Thank you!

1 Like

Well done for sticking around, the fight is not over until you surrender. The fact you have reached out, shows you are not defeated. Did you relapse yesterday or today? Dust yourself off and move on. Let’s get a clear day under your belt. Be strong, and think positive thoughts. Tx

1 Like

Started on Friday. Today is first sober day, went for bike ride, are a healthy breakfast and now I’m here!

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve had a healthy start to the day. Keep up the good work. Take it one day at a time. Day 1 will be complete in no time! Nearing the end of my second day, here in the UK, and thankfully, feeling good. Keep checking in here… so many great people to support you. Tx

2 Likes

It has been four months since my original post, and I have slipped many times. But this weekend, I hit rock bottom… I knew my drinking has for some time had a massive impact on my family, my girls hate it, and I am amazed my husband has stuck around, but this weekend, after an amazing family weekend, my paranoia was confirmed. He briefly played away. I am mortified, and he is full of remorse and guilt. It was very brief and finished six months ago, but he was convinced that I had been unhappy for some time, to have turned to the bottle constantly. How we move forward, it is too early to say. I have been surprisingly calm, almost relieved to realise I was not going mad. We both know that he has commited the ultimate sin, and I hate him for it, but I still love him and know that I contributed massively to it.

I am just completing my day 1 again, and I really need every ounce of willpower to do this… but I am doing this for myself initially. If it helps to fix things, great… but if it doesn’t I will be better prepared to move on with my children and be a better person, and date again if we fail to recover.

Thank you for reading and your patience… I will check in daily moving forward. Thanks in advance for your support.

5 Likes

Welcome back Tara, sorry to hear about your relationship issue. Stick around and stay strong, lady.:raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Thank you Donna. Strangely feeling high on life right now, which is just weird… I know this will be a long ride, but I will take each day as it comes, and will enjoy this ‘current’ good day. Xx

2 Likes

I’m just starting my road to being healthier and cutting out alcohol. I hope to eventually be teetotal. Need a lot of support as my triggers are many and my willpower is low. Thanks

3 Likes

Welcome. You will find so much support here. Keep posting and visit regularly. I’m approaching day two of my latest attempt… hopeful, and a little desperate, for this to be my last… I now want to be tee-total not moderate. Xxxx

1 Like