Day 1 (the shame to post this, have to)

Ouh love… Welcome back home…
Come back here.
You are loved!

3 Likes

Glad you’re back @Twizzlers
We’re here for you.
Don’t beat up yourself too hard. You’re back on the horses that’s all that matters.

4 Likes

So good to see you posting here and back on day 1 love. I know you have been struggling and I’m sorry my friend. Do not let the shame consume you. You are strong for coming here- for posting and for starting your journey again.
You have not lost the tools and routines you have set for yourself
We are here …talk with us and stay away from the silence. :two_women_holding_hands::busts_in_silhouette:

Mom ch love and massive hugs your way. :heart::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:t4::people_hugging:

Stay connected love and keep checking in. We are in this together

7 Likes

Welcome back…sending lots of love your way :heart:

5 Likes

Carry no shame Twizz its just good to see you back!
Be proud you made your way back

3 Likes

Hi @Twizzlers how are you doing today?
Stay connected, we are here for you! :people_hugging::heavy_heart_exclamation:

12 Likes

Love I miss you checking in… @Twizzlers
Are you okay?
You can come back at any point. :tulip:

5 Likes

I believe I have a stack of 24-hour chips somewhere. The many day ones that I accumulated on repeat. Today I am recovered pushing forward into two years. Everyone has the ability to recover it just takes work. And although not easy in the beginning I can say that it’s worth it.

7 Likes

I’m on day 2 and feel the same way. I make it to a week or two but then pick up again. I hate myself for succumbing.

2 Likes

Thx Jimz… I am hanging in but extremely tired. I hope I’ll sleep well tonight! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oh friend. You have nothing to be ashamed of, the fact that you’re back and honest and giving it another go is what counts. I’m proud of you! It looks like you’ve gotten a lot of love here and I hope you’re feeling it. :heartpulse:

4 Likes

This hit me hard man… damn :pensive:

5 Likes

Everyone, thank you for you kind words and support :people_hugging:
It’s really helping to be back with you all :blush: and to read so much support.

17 Likes

I’m so glad you’re back. I missed seeing you. :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you :people_hugging: I’m glad I made it back. Still early days but I’m doing this! I’m lucky I get another chance at sobriety :blush:

7 Likes

You’re strong for coming back and trying again. I’m with you in this and also starting over. One day at a time :heart: i came on here beating myself up, and some kind people in this community told me not to- I know that it’s easier said then done but it is true. Things take time to heal and change and the fact that you came back here to try again is something to be proud of in itself.

2 Likes

Thank you :people_hugging:
You are strong too :sparkling_heart:

Yes it’s breaking that cycle and the feelings that come with all. We have to remind ourselves that the feelings will pass. Give ourselves some love because we already feel down. Looking at the positives and concentrating on those.
It does get better each day.
We can do this :muscle:

3 Likes

I’m super impressed. You’re going to make a huge difference not only for you but for lots of people! Can’t wait to be there to celebrate each day with you. :pray::butterfly:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face:
I have used all my likes but I am reading alot here today.

5 Likes

Proud of you girl. Scream your setbacks and your triumphs. Take care of you, it’s an act of love and survival to do so. It’s brave of you to pick yourself up and continue forward, even if you stumble a little on your way out the door. It’s okay to make mistakes and fail sometimes. That’s how we learn and grow as individuals. What’s important is that you pick yourself up, learn from your mistakes, and keep moving forward. And if you ever feel like you’re not okay, it’s okay to ask for help. You are not failing harder because of that. You don’t have to go through anything alone. It’s okay to let go. To drop the walls on the fortresses you’ve built with your vices.

Shame is the killer of joy. Feeling shame about what has happened or what choices you’ve made is useless. Forgive yourself first and foremost for whatever guilt and shame you are harboring. If you can wake up in the morning and go to bed at night feeling proud of the decisions you’ve made and the things you’ve done, then you’ve won. If you can’t, then try again tomorrow. You’ve got this girl! :facepunch:t3:

Post tenebras spero lucem- After darkness, I hope for light :heart:

4 Likes