Day 1 this has to be it

so I am finally ready to tackle my addiction head on. after another night of bingeing and full of regrets. i just feel like a really shit mum i cant do this anymore. i go one day not drinking then the next i start the cycle again. it has to stop… i have to stop. i would appreciate any advice in getting through this and successfully breaking this awful habit.

13 Likes

Welcome Krystle
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

thank you so much this time i really want to move forward :heart:

3 Likes

Build a good support network. Recovery cannot be done alone. Be gentle with yourself. Go to as many meetings as you need to. We have to work as hard in recovery as we did in addiction.

3 Likes

i am attending my first meeting on zoom this evening and really just trying to keep busy. trying to get rid of my negative feelings.

1 Like

thanks yes i would really like that. please let me know when you are having the next meeting x

1 Like

I’m woth you on the mum guilt, my children have asked me so many times to stop and I’ve had to be very honest with them today, if it wasn’t for my kids and husband then I couldn’t even start to try

4 Likes

If you’re looking for something on message to keep you occupied, have a go at the podcast below. If you like it there are over 300 of them, which will keep you busy for a while. Whenever I feel myself going the wrong way, I just stick on one and it helps me.

3 Likes

I understand the guilty feelings, to love ur kids so much and know u are hurting them but it still be so hard to stop. I got my first steps into sobriety with the Alcohol Experiment, u can find by google, 30 days of videos and homeworks to help u quit. Good luck however u go about it.

3 Likes

Hey welcome to the community. I am right there with you. I am day two after another binge and I am starting again. You are not alone.

3 Likes