Day 1 total sobriety

First day of total alcohol sobriety. We all need to start somewhere. Too many excuses to drink, too many fears of stopping and just consistent problems. My family are too important. My health is too important. There’s no looking back now. Here we go!

22 Likes

Welcome Jason.
Today is a great day to be sober. One day at a time.
This is a great place to get support. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable.
Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Welcome friend. You are in the right place. Well done on coming here straight away :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the ride :wink:
A difficult ride some days, but worth it!

1 Like

I am 9 days sober today… I have tried to do this before and know that the first 3 weeks are the hardest for me and it has been incredibly hard. Way harder than last time.

7 Likes

Welcome @Texjay86 Jason and welcome @Devon17 Devon!

1 Like

Congratulations on making the decision. Tonight I will hit two weeks that I have to tell ya there is really a hump to get over in the first week or so and even now. Does it start getting better after two weeks?

3 Likes

It’s gets better and better. Some days it doesn’t feel that way, but it happened for me, and so many others I know. Hang in there! Reach out. You’re doing it. :blush:

1 Like

Let this time be the time you don’t have to do it again. For me, coming back into a program after relapse was difficult. Very difficult. But the blessings that come with sobriety are countless. It’s truly the best way to live life, for me.

3 Likes

Good on you for making the decision. That is the most important and most difficult step in this process. Reach out…there’s tons of support here, and other places.

1 Like

Every day it gets easier and easier the hardest part is reaching out not letting our disease tell you your alone and nobody would actually wanna help because that is all that keeps those that came before you sober if they want to keep the freedom and joy they have found they have to introduce us to that same freedom and joy keep up the great work no matter what if you stumble dust yourself off and keep it moving forward but never ever give urself the excuse to stumble just dont beat urself to death should it happen

2 Likes

Day 1 success. It’s easy to feel alone, I know because I’ve tried this before, many times, unsuccessfully. I’m all in this time. I know it’s going to get harder, but knowing there are so many of you lovely people out there supporting me goes a long way towards feeling connected and accountable.

1 Like

Day one is great! You aren’t alone. Keep going and keep reaching out. :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Day 3 sober and this is first try. It’s great to know of this support group. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes