Day 2. Of soberness since relapse

Am at beach i realize i have to cut off 90 percent of my friends they all fucking drink I looked through my contacts try to find time to kill and everybody on my contact list drinks and gets f***** up guess it’s time to make new friends long as I got my motorcycle I’ll be alright I hope so I want a beer so bad right now

12 Likes

Same here. Keep riding. We got this.

2 Likes

All that craving is is just your ego saying I can’t be bothered to try. You don’t want a beer or you wouldn’t be trying to stop in the first place. Tell your ego to fuck off and show it you can make the effort when you really want to.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking about friends too. I might lose touch with some. I might not have anything in common with some without a drink in my hand. I just don’t know yet. If I’m being honest with myself alcohol was the glue holding some of those friendships together and I had been tired of that for a long time. Friends come and go but pride in ourselves for getting sober will be with us 4 ever. Stay strong! You have friends here

2 Likes

Sending you strength!! I am on day 2 of being sober and I can :100: tell you that I have never wanted a drink so bad in my life! This is my first go round quitting and I don’t know what to do with all of these feelings.

1 Like

I had to do the same …and guess what, I found better friends in the end!

4 Likes

Congratulations on day 2. Those first few days are pretty rough. Especially if all your friends drink. I hate to be blunt, because I don’t know your situation, but what kind of a friendship is it if the only thing that’s holding it together is drinking?? I had a lot of drinking buddies but it wasn’t held together by drinking. They were friends first. Keep checking in. Your worth what sobriety has to offer if you want it. It could be lonely at first. But it does get better. One day at a time. Just don’t drink today. Whatever it takes. Just for today.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Congrats on your 2 days too. Ya feelings will happen when we aren’t drinking. At the beginning I was just keeping busy and abstaining. For me I have learned how to deal with the feelings later. But for today don’t drink. I use to take really long hot showers late in the afternoon before dinner when I would be usually starting my cocktails. Cook a nice dinner and do some mad evening cleaning with all the sober energy I had. I drank lots of sparkling water. Lots and lots of it. And did my power walking in the morning, sometimes twice a day with some real angry gangsta rap. Because I was pissed off I couldn’t drink like a normal person. Walk hard, long and fast to whatever rock and roll you like.
Stick around. You’re worth it. We are all worth the great benefits of sobriety.

2 Likes

Thank you!! :heart::heart:. This is all such good advice. It’s been years of nightly drinking for me and it’s time to clean up my shiz. I will be 40 in 20 days and I’m ready to put this chapter behind me. I’m super looking forward to the energy level! I was a bump on a log looking forward to wine o’clock each evening. Nothing even mattered until I had that sip.

2 Likes

Thank you.
We all have a lot to be grateful for when we are sober. I start every day off right here on the Daily Gratitude thread. And I list everything I’m grateful for. I been doing it for 366 mornings. If your willing check it out. There’s quite a few of us that post there regularly. It’s a great way for me to start my day.

I don’t know if you’ve seen these links or not, but; I just paste them here and you can check them out if you like. I also like to be on the daily check in. “Checking In To Maintain Focus.” Join in when ever you feel comfortable if you like.
Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

My bday is the 21st of January. And because of the support here last year I didn’t drink. First time in forever. But let’s not worry about that now. Just one day at a time.

1 Like

If those “friends” not support you or didn’t contact with you while you try to stay sober they more likely just “friends” who needs someone who do same habits.

2 Likes