Day 2 without beer

Hi. I’m on day 2 of my current ride on the wagon. I hate it. Still gonna press on though.

I have a copy of “Under the Influence” I am referring to to help me understand why I feel so out of whack today. Seems to help. A little.

6 Likes

Hi there! I encourage you to just take it one day at a time. You’ll probably feel out of whack for a while but it gets better. Check in here for encouragement and info. Cheering you on!

2 Likes

I’m on the same ride my friend, currently I feel like a fever or a bug hit me. Hang tough, you’re made of stronger stuff!
I went 3 weeks and can still recall the feeling of clarity. It’s what life is supposed to feel like!:point_up::blush::point_up_2:

2 Likes

I am going on a week now… every day is a little easier I suppose. Do i really wanna quit drinking? That’s what i keep asking myself. I know i need to just that question keeps getting asked. Tricky this thing is.

2 Likes

I’m currently off the wagon. No big drunk, just had a few beers yesterday after my bike ride. I’ll figure out where I go from here.

That’s the biggest question mark in any attempt at getting sober. Unless you’re adamant about getting sober, thoroughly for sure that life without a drink or drug is better, you’ll slip and slide forever.

For a bottom dwelling drunk like me, it was an easy choice, my life was bleak, full of violence, mood swings, self loathing and suicidal thoughts.

I got the nudge into sobriety I needed when DCS took my kids and laid out a plan of action I had to carry out to be deemed fit to get them back. I saw plenty of people in my same boat who weren’t ready to give up the drink or drugs and they were in the system for well over 18 months.

If you’re not sure about getting sober, set yourself a timeframe like 30 days. See if you can stay sober. Say it’s for your health. See how you feel in 30 days, if you still don’t see the point, pick back up. Things that are habitual like drinking take time to change, they say a habits needs 28 days to be made or broken.

For me, it wasn’t a question if I wanted to stop. I had to stop or go to jail. Literally, I was on pre-trial conditions of release that guaranteed I would go to jail if I drank. So my question was “What do I need to do to stay sober until bedtime?”.

Living life like that, only one day at a time, helped me get dry, get sober, and eventually come to love and appreciate each day for the complete whole that it is. Enough is a feast.

3 Likes

I dunno, @anon79808082. I’ve been watching your posts and rooting for you. This news makes me sad.

1 Like

Congratulations on a week.
I remember thinking that same question
Did I want to quit?
Yes
But I was afraid that I couldn’t.
I didn’t want to fail so if I never tried I couldn’t fail.
Months later I decided to accept that I was an alcoholic and I needed to quit
It was hard work but it got easier
It will get easier for you too

Aww, don’t be. I’m fine. Thanks for writing.:hugs:

If you’re asking these questions then perhaps that answer is Yes!
Have you thought about other avenues of recovery? Group meetings etc?

Hey Dan, decided I do better with the help of you guys. :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi @anon79808082 Glad to see you here!

1 Like

Hey girl, thanks! I had to go through a few tries but I’m ready to make it permanent. :hugs::bouquet:

2 Likes

I’m here cheering you on lady!! Reach out if you need to. :slight_smile: :hugs:

2 Likes

Oi you, yes I’m talking to you, yeah that’s it, I’m over here. How you doing today.

1 Like

I’m a bit upset with you. My heating is broken and because I gave you my only ever hug, I’m buggered. I’m going to freeze.

Oh no! I’m so sorry your heating is broken right now. I’m sending you a giant warm hug from Texas. Hopefully that’ll hold you over until the heat gets fixed!! :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hey, doing good here! At work and
I was just thinking I’m gonna do whatever it takes, no more resetting! :smile::blush:
Thanks for checking on me!:hugs:

3 Likes

That’s the mentality. Now we just gotta put it into action. You know where we are if you need us.

1 Like