Day 3 Craving and Changing moods

Been just wanting to say hell with it and also my mood swings. Idk its dumb

1 Like

Welcome @Wasky101 ! It’s so easy to just say all this isnt worth it and just quit trying. But it does get better and its worth all your effort. This is a great group with a lot of support. We are here for you.

3 Likes

Hey I’m on day 7. I feel the same way. Lol. Just try to get through the day. Idk how but try!!!

5 Likes

Watch a movie or read a book. Go for a run if you can. I’ve been running away all my problems.

1 Like

Welcome! I don’t think it is dumb at all. Cravings suck, but we can get past them. Walking can help, sleeping, journaling, eating something sweet or drinking fizzy water, meditating or working out…find some stuff that occupies your body and mind. I know I spent a ton of time sleeping thru life in my early days just to get thru. Do whatever it takes to baby that sobriety. :heart:

3 Likes

We’ve all had those feelings. Take it easy on yourself and find something to do. Many have made suggestions of working out. I found that really helpful in the early days. Sobriety podcasts are one of my favorite resources. I suggest Recovery Elevator.

Keep up the good fight!

3 Likes

Day 3 for me today, I’ve been sort of melancholy and sad. I think it’s the “break-up” phase of the relationship with beer, lol.:woman_shrugging::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I am on Day 3 as well! My day started off pretty miserable – I was tired and irritable. I spent time outside and picked one task to accomplish. It really helped me to focus on something and get fresh air. You got this!!

2 Likes

So thankful to have woken up to these messages, I’m an alcoholic and would go on drug induced binges on coke and marijuana. I chose to stop because I was in a domestic violence relationship that caused me to lose my kids to the system. It’s been 6 months without em, and their asking for another 6 months… and it’s really hard to feel my emotions sober… like really really really hard. And I want to quit for them, their all I have. And it makes me wanna cry when I feel like I’m failing them.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you’re here Alayna. Keep doing the right thing. It’ll be worth it, and show what you’re made of.:heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, clean yourself up, work on yourself and make sure there wont be another 6 months!!! You show that what you really made off. You can and you will. Prove em wrong!! I’m going through some pretty rough times myself. Focus on the end goals to keep yourself going. I feel like crap some days too and I would rather just have a drink or a smoke to that the edge off. But no. Focus on the end goal. We got this!!!

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll keep going… and I hope you do too. I appreciate the words of encouragement, I really need it. Peace love and prosperity :heart: End goals! Focus! And priorities… we do got this :ok_hand:

day 4 here. It helps me to remind myself what’s going on with my body during cravings or withdrawal. My body and mind are used to a certain treatment, that doesn’t mean that treatment is anything close to good. There are endorphins and chemicals piddling around and firing in my brain. It causes me to feel strange and uneasy. I know this feeling will go away the longer I keep at it and experiment with healthier habits, not necessarily perfect ones. Video games and eating ice cream may not be the right thing to do, but right now it’s better for me to get started and get to feeling better so I can try out some new lifestyle changes. Hope this helps.

I know the emotions are so painful, but I have decided to take responsibility for once, and face it. if I don’t change, it’s just the definition of insanity. Keep a journal, that’s been helping me SO MUCH to just get some of these deep feelings out on paper with my own hands.

Welcome to sober time! We’ve all been where you are and sometimes we go there again even after a while being sober. I just passed day 30 but two days ago I nearly relapsed, it’s a work in progress but the cravings do diminish over time. Just reach out like you’re doing now :slight_smile: there will always be someone on here and you can look at the online meeting resources and maybe look into getting a sponsor or a buddy. You’re doing something incredibly difficult so lighten the load as much as you can for yourself! Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself <3