Day one after so many failed attempts

So glad I’ve found this app. Starting my journey today as I feel that if I don’t, I might die and leave my kids without a mother. My alcohol addiction is getting progressively worse. I only have about 3-5 drink free days a month for as long as I can remember. The amount of alcohol I consume has increased massively and most of the time I don’t remember what’s been said or done. I’m so scared that if I don’t stop now something bad will happen. Apologies for rumbling, I just hope things can get better.

5 Likes

Congratulations on being here and taking the first step. You sound very motivated. Take it one step at a time.

2 Likes

Welcome! You are not alone.

You’re doing the right thing. I know it’s hard and you may be scared. That’s normal. Just stay focused and remember the reason you started - you need to be present and healthy, in your life.

There are resources and support groups to help you. This thread is useful:

Resources for our recovery

Never give up. One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, sometimes 5 minutes at a time. Reach out for help as often as you need. One neat trick is online meetings - since they happen all over the world there is usually one starting right when you need some company:
Online meeting resources

And obviously we here in TS are always up for a chat.

Take care & remember: you’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

2 Likes

Welcome :pray:. My best advice for you would be to submerse yourself into sobriety. Obsessively read here, listen to sobriety podcast, read sobriety books, attend AA, watch sobriety videos on YouTube… it doesn’t matter much which of those you choose, whatever helps you the most.

The great news is that if you make sobriety #1 and you want it more than anything it is quite achievable. If i was able to get sober so can you. Reach out anytime. I wish you well.

1 Like