Day one again again

Day one. Been drinking alot again. Going to check in here every day. Im going to make it a week. Havent had a sober week in a long time. Just laid in bed all day feeling like garbage. I pissed someone off last night while i was drunk. I hate doing that. Just typing whatever pops into my head. Could use some motivation. Im going to check in here ever day. I know after two days ill want to do it all over again. Gotta tell myself no. Anyway is to day one again.

18 Likes

Are you looking for a week sober or ultimately to be sober? Just curious what your intentions are.

2 Likes

Id like to be permanently sober. But, i just said that for shooting for a simpler goal.

3 Likes

It is a good start. The only reason I was asking is that when I gave my self a goal like that I always went right back they day after I met my goal. Might have been the way my brain worked. I had to go at it with the mind set that I can’t drink. Days that were worse I had to shrink it down to lets get though today and tomorrow should be better.

7 Likes

Take it one day at a time. Anything longer might be too long. Forever seems not achievable at the beginning anyway

6 Likes

Its a mind set that you need to teach yourself I need to stop drinking because of (only you know your reasons) one day at a time, be strong and think of the positives not the negatives to start drinking again.

3 Likes

Oh yeah id say you’re right. Im most likely going to have to take it one day at a time. Its like once the hang over is gone. Im ready to just do it all over again. I have to stop. Need to lose weight. Do it for my parents. Do it to save money. I always get sad and depressed usually while super drunk. It has to stop.

2 Likes

That’s that little red devil on your shoulder telling you that it wasn’t that bad, your fine and you can handle it. With my sobriety it was kind of a catch 22. I had to take it one day at time and make sure I made it through the day with no drinks, but I also had to develop an understanding that if I took a drink again it would spiral more. Everyone that has read my posts on here is probably getting pretty sick of hearing it but a guy that helped me when I first sign up on here back in 2017 gave me this analogy that fit me perfect.

Imagine the stereo on your car is broken, you cam listen to it but you can never turn it down. The more you listen to it the more deaf you become and have to turn it up more and more. You can turn it off but never down. The only option are to go without it completely or lose your hearing completely

13 Likes

It’s so true though!! Nobody will tire of hearing this great advice :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do it for YOU and you only. Youve got to make sobriety your absolute top priority and be absolutely solid in that…this will only get worse if you keep going back to it and nothing good will come of it. I agree with taking it one day at a time…get your head on that pillow tonight is all that matters for today then repeat. When i first stopped i had to grit my teeth each day to hit that pillow sober but eventually it gets easier. Yes its hard but so is drinking so pick your hard…one hard will lead you further down the road to utter misery and the other to the opportunity of a better healthy life.

11 Likes

I agree with your analogy. It does make alot of sense. Here is to day two. Im still slightly dizzy. But, that was cause i tried to sleep the hang over away yesterday. Sleeping too much messes me up. Went to bed at 2am, was watching movies. But im just going to actively talk on here. Reading all this helps. I recorded some videos when i was drunk the other day. I watched half of them and was like ohh no. Deleted. I was just being stupid and acting a fool. Just embarassing nothing acrually bad bad. Maybe i should have saved those for visual proof next time im hearing the voices that say this time will be different.

2 Likes

Oh yeah i know i shouldnt and i have been doing it for about 10 years. Ive been driving to the store thinking turn around and go back home. You know the likely hood of you acting stupid and embarassing yourself is pretty high. But i just kept doing it any way. But, here is to actually giving it a proper go this time. I will make it to one week. Then one day at a time from there.

2 Likes

One day at a time from the start is best, one minute at a time if necessary, come on here when you struggling and before you pick up and wel talk you out of it, u cant do it in your own we have to help each other

3 Likes

Thats true. My plan is to check in every day here. Ome day at a time.

2 Likes

There is a really good post on here about having a plan (I will continue looking to find it and send you a link; I don’t frequent this site enough to recollect who made it). You’re on the right track but this is probably going to take you a bit more time. I think this having a plan post would have helped me a lot when I was in the mindset that it sounds like you may currently be in.

edit: lol, it was literally right below my eyes if I had just looked: What's YOUR plan?

5 Likes

Im feeling fine now. As its my third day. I caught myself for a second thinking about it. But, i dont have my keys or my money. Gave them to someone and said dont give these back to me till i go back to work. Been burning off extra PTO. How are you feeling?

Im certainly going to try. I always get a little voice in my head that says this time i can control myself. If i have it. I will drink it till i black out. Then wake up the next morning and figure out if i did anything stupid. I am tired of those mornings. Ill give that link a look.

2 Likes

Stay strong :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Its a liar that voice!! Accept that youl never be able to control it, its pretty freeing once you do

I know i need to accept it. I can never drink again. Ill never be able to have one and be done. I am an alcoholic and my options are NONE. Its going to ruin my life one way or another.

1 Like