Day One...Feb 1

Day one of many day ones…
Its a challenge to stop drinking when you didnt even think it was a problem…Until It Was!!

21 Likes

Welcome and wishing you a great first day!! How are you feeling??

2 Likes

Day one is where the best journey begins.

It’s the badge of honour to begin any great quest.

Welcome :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you i appreciate it…

1 Like

Just feeling a lil anxious cause clocking out is gonna be a lil challenging cause thats when i would go to buy that tall can…

1 Like

Everybody started on day 1. Feeling anxious is quite normal. It will get better and easier. Take it one day at a time. Read around. You will find a lot of information and the stories of wonderful people. This helps to distract.

3 Likes

Thank you…:grin::+1:

1 Like

Can you switch up your routine a little? Take a different way home, treat yourself to something that won’t make you feel bad later? We all had a lot of day ones til they stuck. Keep trying and don’t give up. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Once you clock out, check in here!! Just see what’s good :slight_smile: it’ll remind you why you’re on this path, and what you want for yourself!! We’re here for you - you’ve got this

5 Likes

Day 1 is where everyone starts. I have years of them. And I kept having them until I was honest about WHY I drank. Why I was okay with hurting myself that way. What the addiction did FOR me, and how to get that in healthier safer ways.

It’s so much more than a choice of beverage. A lot of inner work but so worth it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and to your day 1- this is an amazing first step. This is a wonderful supportive community filled with fellow members who understand this struggle. The beginning stages can be super tough. Don’t give up on yourself. Taking it one day at a time you will be able to beat this addiction monster :muscle:

1 Like

Day 2 for me. It’s hard and scary but I’m sooo proud of us for taking this first step. We got this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Welcome!! :wave:. I had so many day ones before I joined TS I lost count. Seriously, it was day one Every. Other. Day. !! I found this forum and it has made all the difference. Read around, see what you find helpful. :pray::heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on day 2 :slight_smile: looking forward to hearing about day 3!!

1 Like

Day one of many day ones for me as well. Welcome and I’m glad we’re here together. Do you want to check in with each other? Who knows, it could do us both some good. Either way, remember to celebrate the little victories!

I had my share of day ones, happy to say that my last day one is more then 5 years ago.
What has helped me a lot was checking in every day to keep myself accountable.
So the first year of my recovery I was here every day. I read, write and learned a lot here. Still do!
We are all one glass away from relapse. No matter how long our sober stretch is!
So today I’m here.
I’m here to read and check in sober on my favorite tread: Checking in daily to maintain focus #62 Feel welcome to join in! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

See you around :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

2/1 is my day one as well.

1 Like

Tysm​:grin::+1: cant wait for day 3

2 Likes

Good luck with your journey…cant wait for updates

1 Like

Actually doing day 1 is a million times better than planning day 1 for ‘tomorrrow’ and then not following through, keep it up it gets easier hope you still ticking days off

2 Likes