Day one sober ❤

I am so glad I have come across this community. I don’t really have support. I have discussed with friends that drinking is becoming a problem but they don’t really take it seriously.

Last week I drank 4 nights out of 7. I have spent money I do not have and for what reason? I don’t know. I just don’t know.

I have the worst beer fear and I hate myself the next day and I also don’t leave the house as my anxiety is so awful.

But today is DAY ONE. :heart:

23 Likes

Welcome Verity and congrats on making the decision to be sober. I’m not gonna lie and say it’s easy but I will tell you that it’s definitely worth it.

3 Likes

Hi @Verity28, welcome!! :pray:t2:

Welcome! This community has been my only support and it helps so much! Hope you stick around.
Ps: I love your name! One of my favorite books by Colleen Hoover.

2 Likes

Welcome :raising_hand_woman: This committee is where I get the biggest support. You can read a lot. And also there are many people to support you when you need it

Welcome to the community. I agree, today is just a very good day to stay sober. ODAAT! :pray::sunflower:

1 Like

Welcome. It’s hard, but it can be done.

Welcome Verity
Today is a great day to be sober.
I hope you’re on day 2 today.

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

This is a great support network keep coming back!

Greetings Verity and congratulations on your decision. Doing this alone is a recipe for failure. In my experience I couldn’t do it. AA meetings, phone numbers of people in AA and this support group have been my biggest miracles for my sobriety. Many people on here genuinely care about what happens to us and we gain strength in each other. Never be afraid to reach out because someone understands exactly how you feel. The beginning is the hardest but if you can get through the pain I promise you there is a life so great you can’t even imagine. I hope you will share how you’re doing with us and let’s walk this road together

1 Like

Keep your head up and just concentrate on one day at a time. You can do it!!!

Welcome to the crew! Lots of incredible folks here to help you along. Job well one on day 1.

1 Like