Day two. I’m still here 😊

Well day two. This is always the hardest for me. Because day one usually consists of a hangover lol.
Sunday lunchtime for us used to consist of going to the pub. Now sitting here thinking what to do today. Childless today so hubby and I could go out somewhere for lunch but not sure if I’m ready to go to a pub yet :frowning:.
Happy weekend everyone x

6 Likes

Great job on two days. I have no recollection of my day two as I was being detoxed by the VA. I would suggest going somewhere other than a pub at this point in recovery. Assuming your husband knows you’re getting sober, suggest going to another location. Don’t put yourself in that situation so early in recovery.

4 Likes

Find another lunch spot. It’s important to change up your “places”. Plus trying new food is exciting!
I was struggling a while with being really bored at first, because I missed my craziness… but honestly my craziness was clinically insane. I’d rather have boredom which can lead to peace than my insanity.

4 Likes

Good morning. And it is a good morning. No headache. No grey feeling.

Yes hubby knows what I’m doing we are currently sat drinking coffee deciding where to go. It’s raining here today and will be most of the day :frowning:

1 Like

Well done for making it to day two, so proud :heart_eyes: what about a nice cafe??

1 Like

Raining here today too!

Definitely agree with the idea of finding another lunch spot. Maybe a nice cafe or some tea rooms?

In terms of rainy day things to do… Crazy golf, bowling, cinema, arcade, museums, galleries, stay in and watch some films, make a fancy meal at home, play a board game or a computer game. Those are a few ideas off the top of my head.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. We’ve decided to have a ride to a little village called Saltaire which is about half an hour from us. It has a mill museum, boat rides and cafes. So should keep us occupied for the day.
http://www.saltairevillage.info/

2 Likes

It’s so nice there! I do belly dancing and they have a weekend of workshops at the main hall there in October. I haven’t done any of the other stuff though. Let me know if it’s worth a visit, might add an extra day to explore next time I’m there :smile:

1 Like

Will do thanks :blush:

Staying sober, for me, had to change from purely an avoidance to an active, positive, plan.

I was given instructions on how to start each day with a simple reflection on my gratitude for waking up sober. I was told to read certain sobriety writings and to write in a journal. I planned every day around a recovery activity, whether that was an AA meeting, an individual or group counseling session, or a meeting with a sober mentor. At first, I took Antabuse every day to quash any thought of drinking.

If getting past day two is difficult for you, what are you going to change about yourself to conquer that? What is holding you back from a 100% commitment to sobriety? What are the actions to stay sober that, in the past, you have avoided?

Everything is going to be alright. You will be able to stop drinking. Blessings on your house. :pray:

4 Likes

Hope you enjoyed this. Sounds like a great way to stay sober. You go for a ride out some where, obviously hubby ain’t drinking, no need for you to drink and you get to see nice places.

1 Like

Classic Car show today at Ripley Castle

1 Like

Are you from that area? I was brought up near Leeds

Yeah we live not far from there. I’m York originally

Selby here :+1:

2 Likes