Day two of recovery

Greetings, I am now on day two of recovery after relapsing.

My relapse was facilitated from unresolved grief after having back to back funerals on may and I feel numb about it as of now.

I do regret my actions and I will persevere to get better.

For now I have a few questions relating to health

1. My hair has started to appear thin and I can see my scalp on the front part of my hairline. I’d like to know what I can do to preserve my hairline.
  2. I’m having trouble sleeping, is it okay to use melatonin at night?
  3. What keeps you guys from falling back into the cycle?
2 Likes

I have no answer for the hair propblem, well my hair is also getting fewer when years pass by but i don’t concern

1. It’s ok to try melatonin. I suggest discussing with your doctor about sleeping problems if they continue. My doctor wrote me a slight dose of anti-depressant to treat my sleeping problems. It seems to be working.

2. I have been 3 weeks sober. In the beginning for accute cravings i had sweets and soda and heavy food. Now later i’m not thinking so much about sweets but good dinners are still important to me.
    This community has been the best support during 3 weeks. Reading life stories and advices motivates me.

3 Likes
  1. I’m bald so sorry no advice there. I don’t feel bad about it though, maybe that’s the advice.
  2. Melatonin is OK in my book. I agree with Finn to talk about it to a doctor first. many folks just take it and see what happens. It does take the right dose and the right time to be of use. I tried but it didn’t work for me. It gave me horrible dreams.
  3. Perseverance. Staying sober takes work. Lots of it. Recovery is a verb. But it’s good work. Work of love. Work on ourselves, on learning about ourselves, about learning to love ourselves. One thing I can say with certainty is that we can’t do it alone. We need our peers to make it. There’s peer support in many forms. This is one of 'm. This place has been huge in helping me stay sober and clean for a while now. Maybe it can be for you too but there’s many more places to find help. Success Confused.
4 Likes

I must keep sobriety my top priority. I attend at least 2 in person and 2 online meetings a week and spend time on this forum daily. I can’t get complacent or I’ll fall back into old habits.

3 Likes

For me it is working out. If I don’t work out I will use. So I kinda replaced one thing with another, but in this case bad with the good. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes